Amy Kushnir | Glenn Beck | Michael Sam | News

Dallas Morning Host Amy Kushnir Brings Her Michael Sam Sob Story to Glenn Beck: VIDEO

4_kushnir

Amy Kushnir, the 'traditional values' Dallas morning show host who stormed off the set after objecting to a celebratory kiss between Michael Sam and his boyfriend but has no problem celebrating male strippers and kissing them on TV, appeared on Glenn Beck's show last night to whine about being victimized.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Said Kushnir to Beck about her Michael Sam complaint: "I wasn't talking about sexual preferences...What I was referring to was the ESPN event. What was put on ESPN for shock value."

Kiss_kushnir

Comments

1. There was a time in the not-so-distnt past when it would have been considered "shock value" for a white woman to be kissing a black man, whether he was a stripper or not.

Posted by: Clayton | May 20, 2014 9:09:29 AM

2. She looks like she's enjoying this, but how many of the strippers are gay? She walked off her TV show when the discussion turned to gay marriage. What a bigot!

Posted by: pierce.mn | May 20, 2014 9:18:15 AM

3. FYI: She's the daughter of televangelist / fraudster Robert Tilton.

Posted by: Harry | May 20, 2014 9:24:18 AM

4. Wasn't she carried in by those cheap strippers? The children at home, who she's so worried about, had a choice in seeing that? Sharing kisses with strippers is okay now?

The newest tactic seems to be the victim card. Exactly who are you a victim of when you make inflammatory statements and then get called out on what you said. Backpedal all you want but that doesn't get you "victim" status, unless it's your own mouth your the victim of. It seems the people who became the most comfortable denigrating groups who are actual victims, have the most trouble explaining their bigotry now.

When it became obvious not everyone agreed with her vitriol, and wanted her to explain herself, she was pretty quick to run. We don't need a crafted explanation now painting you as a victim (of your own mouth).

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | May 20, 2014 9:24:58 AM

5. It looks like the black one is her favorite. In right wing circles that's not good.

Posted by: NY2.0 | May 20, 2014 9:25:08 AM

6. Hey Amy - what is the bigger travesty? Two men kissing or thousands of people bilked out of their money by your daddy?

Posted by: bkmn | May 20, 2014 9:38:33 AM

7. Little known secret: Amy Kushnir is the daughter of disgraced televangelist Robert Tilton. Now on his third wife (he left Amy's mama after 25 years of marriage for a hot blonde) Tilton provided Amy with a lavish lifestyle of mansions, private schools, plastic surgery, globe trotting travel and plenty of other benefits from raking in hundreds of millions of dollars in the name of God.

Hypocrisy? The apple doesn't fall far from the family tree. Seen kissing half-naked strippers on her half-witted local morning tv show, she suddenly gets religion and speaks out against immoral behavior and how it might affect her children. Guess the stripper scene, with her mounted on their shoulders, didn't bother her then.

Posted by: Fred | May 20, 2014 9:54:28 AM

8. Shaddap clam. Your only good is tartar sauce.

Posted by: Sean Maloney | May 20, 2014 9:59:23 AM

9. Women tend to find male homosexuality threatening if it enters the mainstream.

Posted by: petey | May 20, 2014 10:00:02 AM

10. The only negative reaction to my being Gay has come from straght women, is it because they have no power over Gay men?

Posted by: Peter | May 20, 2014 10:07:55 AM

11. Is she married? Are either of those men her husband? Is she committing adultery on television by kissing them? Did she have permission from her husband to kiss other men in public where everyone could see it? Doesn't this at least raise a suspicion among conservatives that she might be insufficiently submissive to her husband? If she's not and never has been married, doesn't this raise a suspicion that she might not be a virgin, which she is supposed to remain until her wedding night?

Posted by: james | May 20, 2014 10:15:55 AM

12. @peter: I've had similar experience with straight women. They can't figure out why I don't behave like their husbands and make their happiness my priority. Mostly in my workplace, not in my social relationships.

Posted by: jpeckjr | May 20, 2014 10:18:38 AM

13. @Peter "...is it because they have no power over Gay men?" Yes.

@ JPECKJR "They can't figure out why I don't...make their happiness my priority...in my workplace." A thousand times yes.

Posted by: Carlie | May 20, 2014 10:59:14 AM

14. All feminists are secret predators....Wise up!!

Posted by: styler | May 20, 2014 11:12:41 AM

15. @HARRY For real? She's the daughter of Robert Tilton? Holy crap! That's hysterical!! And explains the self-righteous hypocrisy.

Posted by: jamal49 | May 20, 2014 11:28:32 AM

16. Thing is, it ain't "shocking" to progressives. This point is lost on the plebes of the country.

A gay kiss simply is not "shocking" to people who aren't bigoted. It ain't "shock value" any more than an interracial kiss would be shocking to some backwater racist

so get kissing, folks. in public. people can't be "shocked" by what they see every single day.

and yes - she's the daughter of a scumbag evangelist who took money from the needy!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 20, 2014 11:41:31 AM

17. Glad to see from some of the comments here that many gay men are finally beginning to see the light when it comes to women and their motives.

They see gay men as nothing but their playthings and social accessories--and the "positive" attitudes on the part of some of them towards gay men, such as they have existed at all, were contingent on gay men "knowing their place" in society and staying in it.....i.e. not making any claims on masculinity or on being accepted and respected AS MEN by other men. Even the article earlier this week on this blog, which attempted to claim Dolly Parton as a "gay icon" referenced a song in which she, basically, equated gay men with alcoholics and drug addicts, not men to be taken seriously in society.

Michael Sam is the embodiment of everything women fear deeply--a man who is not dependent on them for anything, is not attracted to them in any way (and who is therefore entirely beyond their control), and who, worst of all, threatens to destroy the link between masculinity and heterosexuality--without which link women would find themselves with little social power (and therefore any other kind of power).

Women can only empower themselves by manipulating men socially and they can only manipulate men socially as long as a homophobic male culture makes men dependent on women socially and emotionally.

This woman, like others, knows that, and that is the reason for her behavior....which you will see more and more of from women--regardless of what their political leanings are--as male homosexuality is regarded as an acceptable expression of masculinity and men are, as a consequence, liberated from any kind of dependent on women.

WOMEN ARE NOT OUR FRIENDS.

Posted by: Rick | May 20, 2014 12:08:06 PM

18. Well, I stand corrected. As everyone knows, I hate women, but I just saw this video of the President of PFLAG in Toronto giving a rather amazing speech on behalf of human rights and Equality. She seems like a rather remarkable woman. I guess I can't say women aren't our friends anymore.

My Name is Rick, and I am a coward and I wish my mother would have done for me what the woman in this video does for LGBT people.

Posted by: Rick | May 20, 2014 12:26:45 PM

19. Needless to say, the comment beginning "Well, I stand corrected" was from Little Kiwi acting as an impostor and not from me, the "real" Rick.

I don't have to view the video he linked to know that the condescension on the part of such women that passes for "support" is, again, contingent on gay men "knowing their place" and not being truly accepted by other men AS MEN, which no woman will ever be willing to tolerate.....regardless of how "progressive" she might think herself to be.....

Posted by: Rick | May 20, 2014 12:44:38 PM

20. @peter you hit the nail on the head. Last year at my best friend's same sex wedding I kept telling his brother's wife who was always interrupting conversations for attention and wagging her boobs in my face- STOP with the sexy time girl thing on me! It's not working and it's just humiliating to you!

Posted by: Frank | May 20, 2014 12:49:11 PM

21. Hey Rick! hehehe. yeah. it was me. it's my Mum, giving a rather remarkable speech last Friday afternoon :)

I just thought it was apt to once again point out what a pathetic little coward you are. you hate women, and my mum (who, yes, is a WOMAN) gave a blisteringly awesome speech.

I get it - your mom and dad would never stand up for you. It's ok - many other gays and lesbians also had horrible parents. Thing is - you could do what those other gays and lesbians do every day - rise above the hatred of their childhood homes and become a proactive force of Good!

I'm openly gay, so open you can see my obnoxiously-visible self on my webpage, on youtube, and all over the web. If you're so strong, why do you remain an anonymous coward treating the internet like a BURQA?

My parents are straight, and my Mum is a woman and my Dad is a man, and ever since i was a high schooler, when I came out, they've done nothing but champion the LGBT Communities. Heck, they started doing that before I was Out! before i was born!

How about you simply show us all who the *real RICK* is? oh wait, you can't. you're not man enough.

"Gay men 'knowing their place?"", what place is that? I'm Out - you're not. Clearly you know that *your* place is in the closet, in the darkness, for life. I left that nonsense behind before I'd even sprouted the first hair on my chest.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 20, 2014 12:54:19 PM

22. Lots of trolling on this thread. Don't worry though it's all the same lame guy. Its funny when he talks to himself in the comments.

Posted by: Troll Hunter | May 20, 2014 1:47:03 PM

23. She is sugar coating her reaction. She objected to two men being shown kissing on TV because children could see it...and two men kissing in general. They were not frenching, or licking cake of each other as she states. It was a display of affection, a celebration between two loving people. She claims it was set up for shock value. No. Do you think ESPN directors were behind the camera going "KISS KISS". They set up similar live events for other players drafted in the past. This was a history making event, of course they would show it. If she was soooo offended, why did she make it to the cake part. Why did she not stop watching at first kiss?

Posted by: Glen | May 20, 2014 1:47:11 PM

24. Glen, isn't it maddening how these folks don't realize that a kiss between men isn't *remotely* shocking to people who aren't bigots?

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 20, 2014 1:54:10 PM