Ellen DeGeneres | Magic Mike | Matt Bomer | News | The Normal Heart

Matt Bomer Talks 'Normal Heart' with Ellen, Gets Some 'Magic Mike' Stripper Duds: VIDEO

Bomer

Matt Bomer joined Ellen for the season finale of her daytime show and of course talked about his transformative role in the HBO adaptation of The Normal Heart. Bomer talks about how much weight he lost for the film, and what it was like on the set the day that DOMA was struck down, along with other behind-the-scenes details.

He also talks about Magic Mike 2, which is a road trip film in which the men are heading to a stripper convention. Ellen, of course, has some stripper outfit options for Bomer to try out.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

He also announces that he's now on Twitter.

Comments

1. So... damn... PRETTY!

Posted by: Peter Hargmier | May 30, 2014 8:29:04 AM

2. Does Matthew Bomer have an equally stunning single and available gay twin brother I don't know about? ;o)

Seriously though, he did excellent work on The Normal Heart. I've only seen him in a handful of other roles so I hope this furthers his career nicely. Really, with how gorgeous he is and his charisma and ability to act, he should be getting leading roles in Hollywood left and right. I'd like to see him as the first openly gay actor playing a superhero!

Posted by: SpaceCadet | May 30, 2014 8:44:04 AM

3. Two successful openly gay stars on the same show. For a 59 year old who grew up hiding and afraid, that's cool.

Posted by: Jim | May 30, 2014 9:49:25 AM

4. Did you notice that when Matt was talking about The Normal Heart, a serious, credible movie, there was almost no audience reaction.
    Then when he and Ellen start talking about Magic Mike, a movie about strippers, the audience went crazy. Sometimes human nature is pretty sad.

Posted by: David From Canada | May 30, 2014 10:43:05 AM

5. I had the same feeling DAVID FROM CANADA. Think Ellen did as well just from the way that she reacted and then emphasized The Normal Heart again to the audience at the end.

Posted by: Mike | May 30, 2014 11:02:07 AM

6. @ David from Canada: I would say audience was silent because a movie about AIDS is a tad more serious than a film about male strippers.

Posted by: Latebrosus | May 30, 2014 11:41:10 AM

7. Yes. You expect the audience to cheer when he talked about people dying of AIDS?

Posted by: simon | May 30, 2014 12:15:45 PM

8. You are seriously surprised that an audience full of mostly married women/mothers (probably mostly from middle America) would have a bigger reaction to a movie showing good looking guys stripping gets more reaction than a show about the early days of the AIDS crisis?

Posted by: Perry | May 30, 2014 2:56:15 PM

9. I mean, I'm ugly as sin and my family hates not just how ugly I am, but what a pathetic little coward I am, too.

Posted by: Perry | May 30, 2014 3:00:03 PM

10. I mean I am pathetically desperate for attention so I created a blog because I think people actually want to follow my anorexic and dirty looking self.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 30, 2014 4:06:29 PM

11. http://ink361.com/app/photo/ig-723180441959876738_198750465

totes anorexic

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 30, 2014 4:11:33 PM

12. Totes homeless looking anorexic

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 30, 2014 4:23:19 PM

13. Ellen has a twisted concept of gay male erotica.

Posted by: Little MeMe | May 30, 2014 4:37:35 PM