Bryan Fischer | Football | Michael Sam | Video

Bryan Fischer Says Michael Sam Has a Bomb Under the Floorboards Of His Life: VIDEO

Bryan Fischer Focal Point

Hot on the tails of saying that Michael Sam needs therapy and comparing his orientation to a concussion, Bryan Fischer's love affair with Michael Sam continues as he claims that Sam is just a bomb waiting to go off, saying,

[L]iterally has got an improvised explosive device sitting under the floorboards of his life, and the NFL apparently doesn't care.

Ignoring the fact that Fischer doesn't understand the difference between "literally" and "figuratively", he goes on to cite the standard outdated junk health statistics from the 80s and 90s during the height of the AIDS epidemic to assert that Sam is going to shorten his life. If Fischer were really concerned about Sam's health and not just an opportunist troll latching onto the latest trending topic in gay news, he would be addressing the literal (not figurative) concussion rates among defensive ends in the NFL.

You can watch Fischer's video clip AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. and bryan fischer's got splinters in the windmills of his mind.

Posted by: alguien | May 13, 2014 12:02:37 PM

2. I wish Mr. Fischer had a bomb or two under his floorboards!

Posted by: peter | May 13, 2014 12:20:07 PM

3. I wonder how old this guy is...mmmm... dead pool anyone? He looks like a heart attack/stroke waiting to happen.

Posted by: spg | May 13, 2014 12:23:59 PM

4. Can we please stop giving this asswipe airtime?

Posted by: Rad | May 13, 2014 12:29:38 PM

5. I think it's time for us to start ignoring Fischer. He has proven over & over & over again that he is a raving lunatic - and almost everyone already knows it.

Why continue to give him all this air-time?

Posted by: AdamTh | May 13, 2014 12:44:34 PM

6. Fischer's got a bomb under the floorboards of his skull. It's called a brain cell, and it may explode at any minute. Which would then leave him with none.

Posted by: Jack M | May 13, 2014 12:47:31 PM

7. AFA's YouTube channel stats show they have posted 5300+ videos with just over 500,000 total views, and less than 1000 subs. Not exactly impressive numbers at all. I would bet many of those subs are probably just people that want to keep tabs on all of AFA's craziness.

I really think the LGBT groups are giving them way too much publicity.

Posted by: AdamTh | May 13, 2014 12:55:57 PM

8. Could the ancient, sagging-breasted Fischer actually be Towleroad's resident lout 'Rick'?

Posted by: Sergio | May 13, 2014 12:56:01 PM

9. I would LOVE to see his browser history!

Posted by: Mark Alexander | May 13, 2014 1:08:02 PM

10. Oh, jeez! Fischer lays a bomb every time he talks. Who needs a shrink now, demented old man?

Posted by: woodroad34 | May 13, 2014 1:12:03 PM

11. @Sergio: no - he almost certainly does not post comments here. He is paid to spout publicly and attribute his spouting to his organization.

It's not clear if he actually believes what he is spouting. Some people will spout anything if you pay them enough. Who knowns? He may not really care beyond his spouting helping to pay the rent.

An example of spouting is a real estate agent who once told me that I could spend X or Y (Y being something lager, with the difference depending on financing options) and get so much more "house". I replied, "What are you talking about? It's the same house!" (He meant of course a slightly higher commission for him.) There are "sales" types who will say anything that pops into their heads to help sell their products and they really don't care what they are selling.

Posted by: Bill | May 13, 2014 1:16:53 PM

12. Literally, Fischer? He literally does?

Posted by: Mikey | May 13, 2014 1:19:55 PM

13. Does this guy have a brain???

Posted by: Mark | May 13, 2014 1:41:40 PM

14. You know, Mr. Towle, if there was one anti-gay nutjob I would pick for you to stop reporting on, I think it would be this one. I'm not saying Towleroad should avoid "bad news" or anything upsetting, but this guy is a completely irrelevant troll. If he appears on more mainstream media, sure, write about it, and continue to raise awareness about bigotry wherever it raises its ugly head, but I'm just starting to think there's no point to posting this guy's crappy little web videos, any more than there's a point to posting any random idiot's nonsense. Just a thought.

Posted by: Doogie | May 13, 2014 1:43:48 PM

15. Do you know what would be really nice? If Towleroad would stop paying attention to this lunatic. We've all seen more than enough of him here. There are many other homophobes and haters out there who are far more influential than this delusional liar and we should be paying attention to them, not this pathetic idiot.

Posted by: Bryan L | May 13, 2014 1:47:16 PM

16. What's his argument against lesbians and how going lesbian shortens their lives? He probably can't think of one. Seriously, I'm not gonna read another article by this guy. It's more of the same drivel.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | May 13, 2014 2:06:43 PM

17. the constant misuse of "literally" these days makes my hair hurt. figuratively.

Posted by: jaker | May 13, 2014 3:19:52 PM

18. "Outdated junk health statistic?"

Wow! I was not aware that the fact that faggots are more likely to get and die of AID's, and every other STD, at a much higher rate than heterosexuals who are married and only have sex with with their wife or husband is a "junk health statistic".

Delete this quickly. I know you really do not like facing the truth. LOL

Posted by: me-52 | May 13, 2014 5:56:29 PM

19. "Outdated junk health statistic?"

Delete this quickly. I know you really do not like facing the truth. LOL

Posted by: me-52 | May 13, 2014 5:56:30 PM

20. I wish I could say Mr. Fisher suffers from a permanent brain concussion, but that would infer he has a brain!

Posted by: Bernie | May 13, 2014 8:19:41 PM

21. I wish he would get so much LGBTI info in one day that his head would literally (figuratively ?) explode.

Posted by: JEFF YORK | May 13, 2014 9:51:31 PM

22. I wish he would get so much LGBTI info in one day that his head would literally (figuratively ?) explode.

Posted by: JEFF YORK | May 13, 2014 9:51:31 PM

23. This, of course, is his wish. The last thing he wants to see is Michael Sam succeed in life and the NFL. That would topple his world and his worldview. That's how much he has invested in his own craziness.

Posted by: Nino | May 13, 2014 9:57:08 PM

24. What Doogie said. The AFA/Fischer does nothing but relentlessly spout such insane far right garbage that I doubt hardly anyone who isn't already ignorant toothless trailer trash (single wide) listens.

I'm all for knowing thy enemy and look for updates on kneejerk uninformed wingnut opinion occasionally by reading a few Yahoo! News comments just to keep up, but paying any attention to this guy is pointless.

Posted by: emjayay | May 13, 2014 10:25:16 PM