Cats | Dogs | News | Pets

Incredible Cat Saves Child from Attack by Vicious Dog: VIDEO

Dogattack

Writes Roger Triantafilo, who uploaded the jaw-dropping clip:

My cat defends my son during a vicious dog attack and runs the dog off before he can do additional damage. Thankfully, my son is fine!

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(warning: graphic bit at the end)

(via mashable)

Comments

1. Dogs s*ck.
    Kitty's rule!

Posted by: Jo | May 14, 2014 2:06:56 PM

2. As amazing as that is, I wonder how they had the foresight to have 2 different camera angles to capture this spontaneous event.

Posted by: Louis | May 14, 2014 2:07:30 PM

3. Probably security cameras.

Posted by: Josh | May 14, 2014 2:08:32 PM

4. those are surveillance cameras.

Posted by: JPinPHX | May 14, 2014 2:09:18 PM

5. What an awful parent. She leaves the kid at the end instead of caring him in.

Also, not a pitbull before some idiot thinks that was the breed of the dog. Looked like a shepherd/retriever mix.

Posted by: unruly | May 14, 2014 2:12:33 PM

6. I have a newfound respect for cats now!

Posted by: SpaceCadet | May 14, 2014 2:13:49 PM

7. Kitties are SO badass.

Posted by: Red | May 14, 2014 2:14:27 PM

8. @Unruly

You are an idiot. What do you think she ran off for? To get a cold beverage? The parent, looking under the car, sees the dog coming back and she rushes around the car to chase it off.

Posted by: NotSafeForWork | May 14, 2014 2:16:00 PM

9. @ LOUIS,

for a second I thought the same thing, but then I realized NO ONE would risk their child being mauled just to make it to YOUTUBE.

Yeah, some cats are as FIERCE as any watch dog!!!!

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 14, 2014 2:16:34 PM

10. Great cat. Sadly, none of mine would do this.

Posted by: Glenn I | May 14, 2014 2:20:33 PM

11. Another big reason why I am a catman! Cats rock!!!!!

Posted by: Tom | May 14, 2014 2:31:36 PM

12. LMAO Glenn I!!!

Posted by: Rowan | May 14, 2014 2:34:01 PM

13. UNRULY sounds like one of those human beings who just despises everything and everyone and probably would have enjoyed watching the child be dismembered by this dog. Pitbulls... all of them... and any breed that behaves like this dog, should be put down. Period. That's what sane and rational people thing. Save your people-hating tears, Unruly, you're too inhumane and inhuman to have a say in this matter. When you care more for animals than you do for people, you have a SERIOUS mental illness. And UNRULY, YOU have a serious mental illness.

Posted by: Dan Cobb | May 14, 2014 2:34:13 PM

14. @Jo....So Kitty's rule huh? So the rule is the kitty's? If you going to bash dogs at least have the smarts to know that Kitties Rule. And fyi they are both great.

Posted by: Derek | May 14, 2014 2:34:18 PM

15. Derrick from P, lol, you never know-I thought the same! But yeah I think they are surveillance cameras!

Posted by: Rowan | May 14, 2014 2:34:50 PM

16. you are

Posted by: Derek | May 14, 2014 2:35:35 PM

17. That cat probably had a previous encounter with the nasty dog and couldn't wait to kick his ass! Hope the family sued the dog owners.

Posted by: Jack M | May 14, 2014 2:36:39 PM

18. DAN COBB, you proved my point and had your own projections. I feel for the kid and would defend the kid but the parent was stupid. You don't leave a bleeding, injured kid on the ground to chase off anything. Lift the kid up, put it on the car out of harms way, do something. A mom holding a child up is a better defense to any approaching predator.

But more importantly, where was the mother during the kid's playtime? Were surveillance cameras supposed to replace good parenting? If you saw an off-leash dog approaching your kid, wouldn't you be there in a flash? At least the cat was keeping any eye out. And yes, vicious dogs should be put down and their owners jailed -- however, once again this wasn't a pit bull and there are poorly raised dogs (like this one) not inherently vicious breeds.

Posted by: unruly | May 14, 2014 2:54:50 PM

19. @ unruly .. because your mother was at your side 24/7 when you were a child playing in the front yard. right? as if.

Posted by: northoftheborderguy | May 14, 2014 3:04:03 PM

20. DAN COBB is a racist troll. Ignore him.

Posted by: Brian W. | May 14, 2014 3:04:21 PM

21. That cat deserves a medal and gourmet meals for the rest of its life!

Posted by: SpaceCadet | May 14, 2014 3:06:14 PM

22. @ "That cat deserves a medal and gourmet meals for the rest of its life!"

You're absolutely right, SPACECADET. This story is about the valiance and GLORIOUS bravery of this cat. It is not about frickin' Dan Cobb.

Although, you can have the honor of pinning medal of valour on this cat. From what I saw on this video I'm not even trying to stick a medal on to this cat.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | May 14, 2014 3:15:33 PM

23. It took the mom all of 3 seconds between dog bite and appearance. Three seconds!! She was out of frame, that's all. So @Unruly is not just a bad person, he's not very bright either, or he can't count.

Posted by: DrunkEnough | May 14, 2014 3:16:33 PM

24. My cat would've called 911. Wouldn't want to muss his pedicure.

Posted by: Kiki | May 14, 2014 3:24:26 PM

25. Awesome! I have sibling male cats, and my one cat would totally do the same, as he thinks he's a lion; my other one would hide and cry...

Posted by: Pitt90 | May 14, 2014 3:34:00 PM