Law Enforcement | News | San Francisco

The Hot Cop of Castro Street: PHOTOS

Hot_cop

San Francisco's finest.

One more, AFTER THE JUMP...

Photos by Mark Abramson, who writes:

19th & Castro cop on bike up-date: He was still there when I was on my way home from the gym. I told him the picture I took of him this morning was too dark. "Oh, was I?" he regretfully asked, as if it were his fault. "Do you mind if I take a couple more?" "Sure!" he grinned and gave me a thumbs-up! I suspect he goes to the Eagle on Sundays when he's off work.

2_hot_cop

Comments

1. He's a little young to be called hot, no?

Posted by: Jerry | May 2, 2014 8:37:47 PM

2. This poor cop is getting so harassed by his cop colleagues right now.

Posted by: Wells | May 2, 2014 8:43:38 PM

3. Hot is hot.

Posted by: greg | May 2, 2014 8:45:38 PM

4. Arrest me!

Posted by: litper | May 2, 2014 8:59:12 PM

5. Makes me want to go out there and do something bad.
    But not illegal.

Posted by: james st. james | May 2, 2014 9:04:26 PM

6. This really is a fine looking man, a pleasure to look at and yet there are many handsome policemen as their beefcake calendars show us every year. I hope he is also modest and sweet-natured, then he be an uncrowned prince.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 2, 2014 9:29:51 PM

7. Worst. Monthly Calendar. Ever,

Posted by: hughman | May 2, 2014 9:38:24 PM

8. I live at the intersection of Castro and Market, and on occasion I have to drive through the neighborhood. With all the construction it can be frustrating, but the sight of Mr. Police Officer has been a welcome offset for heavy traffic. Very welcome. To WHATEVER HE WANTS.

Oh dear. I'm so sorry. Sort of lost control there. Pardon me. I have some pearls I have to go clutch.

Posted by: Elsewhere1010 | May 2, 2014 9:50:39 PM

9. Ha…I was too shy to take a picture of this cop when I walked by the intersection this afternoon. He was definitely turning heads.

Had to laugh when I saw this posted.

Posted by: Rick | May 2, 2014 9:58:39 PM

10. He is one attractive officer

Posted by: jarago | May 2, 2014 10:01:59 PM

11. "a little young to be called hot"?? lol uhh just because you bear freaks like guys old enough to be your grandpa doesn't mean the rest of us don't appreciate young hot menz

Posted by: jake john | May 2, 2014 10:06:41 PM

12. Is that Starbucks cup representative---like a beer can.

Posted by: Arrow | May 2, 2014 10:10:40 PM

13. I thought he was Channing Tatum at first glance... ;-)

Posted by: Richard | May 2, 2014 10:33:07 PM

14. He looks quite a bit like an out gay cop who appeared in the SFPD’s “It Gets Better” video. Even if it’s not; even if this one’s straight, some might be interested to know that there are hundreds of out LGBTs on the force here, and by “LGBT” I don’t mean the growing absurd misuse of the acronym as a synonym for “gay”—there are out transgender officers, too. There’s a large SFPO Pride Alliance, and the straight Chief of Police not only participated in the video but also walks with LGBT officers and their families each year in San Francisco’s Pride Parade. While The City’s history includes some outrageous acts by the PD such as when some descended on the Castro in 1998 after the White Night Riot at City Hall and started arresting and beating innocent people randomly, the consensus seems to be that relations with the Community overall today are far better if still imperfect.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | May 2, 2014 11:37:23 PM

15. @Michael saw that vid, it was so cute when one of the cops said he actually thought he was the only gay cop in the world, he was really hot too!

Posted by: litper | May 2, 2014 11:44:54 PM

16. meh.

Posted by: wheelie81 | May 2, 2014 11:53:21 PM

17. Typo? The "White Night Riots" were in 1979.

Posted by: Bill | May 3, 2014 12:01:26 AM

18. Thats a bad ass bike too! HOT!

Posted by: mymy | May 3, 2014 1:29:31 AM

19. @ Bill: thanks so much for catching my typo. Yes, of course, the White Night Riot (singular unless one counts the "police riot" in the Castro, too) was in 1979 after Dan White essentially got away with first degree murder of Harvey and SF Mayor George Moscone in 1978. Finding him guilty only of "manslaughter" when he entered City Hall through a window to avoid the metal detector at the actual entrance detecting his gun and extra bullets remains one of THE great miscarriages of Justice regardless of who his victims had been.

Posted by: Michael Bedwell | May 3, 2014 2:17:10 AM

20. He is a hot hunk. He could search me anytime he likes.

Posted by: Matt27 | May 3, 2014 2:59:37 AM

21. Beady eyed and gross.

Posted by: Kissyfur | May 3, 2014 3:45:18 AM

22. Thanks so much to whoever posted the photos of this gorgeous hunk of man! Yep, I have to admit, Tank really has a thing for manly men like this guy. I just can't get excited about some of the guys on this site who use so much hair product and dress in flamboyant colors or silly outfits. Give me a macho man like this young hottie anytime! Gosh darn it, when I lived in Oakland in the early 90s, how come none of the cops in the Castro ever looked like this big, strapping, young dreamboat?!

Posted by: TANK | May 3, 2014 5:51:33 AM

23. there are too many pants in these photos! :)

Posted by: wct | May 3, 2014 8:42:28 AM

24. @Tank- I was there at the same time and I was thinking the exact same thing? lol

Posted by: Sean | May 3, 2014 9:14:11 AM

25. SF, oh how I love you.

Posted by: Josher | May 3, 2014 9:34:16 AM