Facial Hair | News | Web Series

Are You a Beardist? - VIDEO

Beardist

Do you discriminate against people with beards? Or are you a beardo?

The 'Day Drunk Gays' explore social agita over the facial hair phenomenon in their return episode, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I wasn't a huge fan of this the last round, but that one had some genuinely clever lines in it, and the black actor's throwaway bits ("What now?" "What's a mall?") were brilliant. I think it might be getting sharper and funnier.

Posted by: Dback | Jun 4, 2014 10:16:22 AM

2. I'm a beardist - I always think clean-shaven men are hotter

Posted by: keating | Jun 4, 2014 10:19:56 AM

3. Sorry, I can't be silent anymore. ANDY, Please STOP posting these 'day drunk' clips. They are about as well written as 80s corporate instructional videos and have the acting to match. And hey, I've watched a few of them, and I'm all for people making art or trying comedy, but if what you're doing is NOT working, you need to have half a brain to RELEASE as much and try something else. ARGH!!!!!

Posted by: Tristram | Jun 4, 2014 10:27:50 AM

4. *REALIZE as much. sorry

Posted by: Tristram | Jun 4, 2014 10:28:33 AM

5. I made it 46 seconds. This is atrocious. The acting is SOO cringeworthy! Is someone paying to have this posted? It's truly horrid.

Posted by: AJ | Jun 4, 2014 10:57:59 AM

6. It may be horrid BUT the bearded guys are CUTE.

Posted by: Guillermo Luna | Jun 4, 2014 11:03:36 AM

7. Here's a thought. If you don't like these videos, DON'T WATCH THEM.

Posted by: Gregory in Seattle | Jun 4, 2014 11:18:08 AM

8. It is the rare man who looks better with a beard than without, but they do exist.

Posted by: Jim | Jun 4, 2014 11:27:03 AM

9. I hate this series -- of course, because it's awful! -- but I will never stop watching. It's almost hypnotic in its awfulness.

I still love the fact that the least conventionally attractive guy isn't in it anymore and they apparently couldn't even beg someone to replace him in time for this one.

Posted by: oncemorefeeling | Jun 4, 2014 11:27:54 AM

10. These videos are not good.

Posted by: apex | Jun 4, 2014 11:29:56 AM

11. I haven't seen my chin in twenty years. The African American guy is really hot.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 4, 2014 11:32:19 AM

12. these are really bad, do these people have day jobs?

Posted by: Troy | Jun 4, 2014 12:10:29 PM

13. This is Towleroad today.

Posted by: Yikes | Jun 4, 2014 12:20:08 PM

14. If 'awful' were a reason for censorship here... comments would have been disabled ages ago.

Posted by: jexerer | Jun 4, 2014 12:34:58 PM

15. This beard fad in the gay community is RIDICULOUS! Soooo lame. Soo sheepish, it's become creepy.

Posted by: Dodgers | Jun 4, 2014 1:11:39 PM

16. I actually shaved my beard because it's become so cliche for every gay dude to jump on the beard wagon. Give it a break guys.

Posted by: Klien | Jun 4, 2014 1:12:30 PM

17. No offense, but these bears with their perfectly groomed beards and body hair are nothing short of a form of drag. It's drag. That's all it is.

Posted by: Two Dads | Jun 4, 2014 1:13:24 PM

18. the world has reached "peak beard". Abe Lincoln was fashionable for a while and then his beard wasn't. The beard craze has come.. has gotten out of control... and now its time to go.

Posted by: northoftheborderguy | Jun 4, 2014 1:13:41 PM

19. I use to think the hairless twink fad from 10 years ago was tiresome, but now you basically have chewbaca's everywhere all with their hipster beards and it's so predictable and become the new "IT" gay look to have. Boring.

Posted by: Junior | Jun 4, 2014 1:15:05 PM

20. omg if not shaving your balls is become a trend imma just be celibate

Posted by: JP | Jun 4, 2014 1:28:00 PM

21. I only have the patience to get pubic hair out of my teeth. This beard thing is annoying.

Posted by: Jake | Jun 4, 2014 1:42:16 PM

22. @ Two Dads - as long as they have their admirers, who the f**k is being hurt

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 4, 2014 3:14:12 PM

23. Hallelujah Jexer! We have the guys who hate this so much they have to watch it, strange, the guys who don't like beards who have to denigrate those with beards, strange; Who appointed these taste masters?

Keep it up Andy, I find it amusing, especially the bitchy comments.

Posted by: orwoodsman | Jun 4, 2014 3:54:39 PM

24. Use a fake beard for sex. I like a clean shaven jawline.

Posted by: Jake | Jun 4, 2014 4:31:13 PM

25. The twinks from 10 years ago who were waxing are all now hairy and growing out beards.

I refuse even date gay guy with a beard ...that's how out of control this fashion trend has become, and that's all it is. A fashion trend. And a desperate one.

Posted by: Mojo | Jun 4, 2014 4:33:38 PM