Comments

1. crispy says

So she outed her dead gramps just days before her new single is released?

I’m sorry, but if you’re falling for this crap, you deserve to be pandered to.

2. Chris K says

If this was by some other vapid pop songstress – let’s say, Lady Gaga, for example – I would’ve definitely viewed this as obnoxious pandering. Obviously the purpose of this video is marketing, with the target audience consisting mostly of teen girls and gays. But I feel like Demi has always come off as quite genuine, and I’m actually buying her message here. I have to say I like her, and I enjoyed the video.

3. crispy says

Oh please. The song was written by a committee of 5 people… how genuine. It contains groan-inducing, cliche-riddled lyrics intended to reach the lowest common denominator:

“Even if the stars and moon collide
    I never want you back into my life”

All of her other songs about boys and breakups. She is the very definition of vapid pop.

4. Matt says

Ah, some of you fail to see that she’s doing a lot of gay events around Pride, and was specifically at the Logo Trailblazers event….where people talked about trailblazers…would it have been better if she made the entire speech about herself? Logo wanted promotable acts, she was already in NYC, it all worked out. Maybe more impressionable kids will watch because of it.

Also, this album is essentially dead…came out quite a while ago…so who cares if she released a single in support of all the Pride press she’s getting? It’s not going to be a heck of a lot of incremental sales.

It’s a business.

5. Rixk says

“I’m sorry, but if you’re falling for this crap, you deserve to be pandered to”

Effeminate gay men set themselves up for this “crap” with their “tradition” of worshiping straight women entertainers as “divas” and “icons”. As long as their twisted mindset causes them to continue to do so, it only stands to reason that those straight women entertainers will take advantage of it.

6. Rick says

And remember, folks, every time I denigrate effeminate men what I’m really telling you all is that my family hates gay people, including myself. They *loathed* me.