Comments

1. pete n sfo says

Why do these guys always have to file their “Emergency Stays”? (Sounds soooo dramatic!)

How many states have to run the same course before they can issue an honest statement rather than pandering to petulant bigotry?

Does Van Hollen need a sample statement?
    “Well you see, bigots, the SCOTUS, and every decision since has ruled for Marriage Equality, so let’s all just have a nice weekend instead of participating in a drama of our own making, that’s actually already over.”

2. Russ says

Of course, the AG & Gov are repubs. who are always screaming about the budget, when it comes to SS, M/Caid, M/Care, Minimum Wage. No qualms though about wasting tax payer’s $$ on their losing cause

3. JackFknTwist says

Ha ha ha.
    Yes, another ’emergency stay’…..meaning we lost again because we don’t understand the writing on the wall. But we’ll keep fighting as lomg as there are tax-payer dollars to use up on yet another bigoted, last stand.
    Alamo my ar$e.

4. Bill says

Since the judge issued an opinion but *no order*, the laws ate still in place. I suppose people rush to get married cause there are gov officials willing to break the law, but waiting for the judge to issue an order would be a far wiser course.

5. James says

@Bill: the court order found that the WI constitutional amendment and related laws were unconstitutional under the US constitution. There’s no need for a formal order when the judge has issues a finding of facts such as judge Crabb did. A judge’s findings have legal weight.

6. TKinSC says

@James

A simple declaration that a law is unconstitutional is insufficient to strike it down. There needs to be an actual injunction against its enforcement. None has been issued in this case. The “marriages” that have taken place in Wisconsin are invalid (even for federal purposes).

Honestly, I don’t know why the AG is seeeking a “stay” of an order that doesn’t exist. He should simply remind county clerks that as of yet Wisconsin law remains in effect, and use normal means to deal with county clerks who break it.

7. tkinsc says

“use normal means to deal with county clerks who break it”. What the hell does that mean?
    I didn’t take my meds. I don’t know what I am talking about. I just googled and found that County clerks were independently elected and they don’t take order from the AG. Sorry for the misinformation. The AG doesn’t know what he is doing? I should take his job. Wait. But I don’t have any education. I don’t even have a job. That’s why I am angry seeing people happy.

8. tkinsc says

Of course when marriage equality becomes reality, I will have nothing to live for. I no longer can express my stupid opinions. I will off myself.