Alabama | Crime | News

Gay Men Injured in Stabbing Hate Crime Outside Alabama Nightclub: VIDEO

Mangrum

Two gay men were stabbed multiple times outside a Huntsville, Alabama nightclub that was hosting a gay and lesbian night on Saturday, WAFF reports:

The incident started just before 3 a.m. in the parking lot of Classic Wheels Lounge on Memorial Parkway. Most patrons were leaving, but instead of going home, two men had to go to the hospital.

Classic Wheels Lounge has hosted alternative night for more than three years, but two guests who pulled up were far from Friday night's normal crowd. Owner C.T. Harris said the two men began yelling anti-gay slurs.

"It was scary," Montero Ford, one of the victims, said. "I didn't know gay bashing still existed."

One man stayed in the car while the other went on a rampage, stabbing two gay men, Ford and Mautravion Mangrum. Ford said one of his stab wounds was just inches from his heart.

"A stranger could have took my life over my sexuality," Ford said.

Watch the report, AFTER THE JUMP...

Huntsville

WAFF-TV: News, Weather and Sports for Huntsville, AL

Comments

1. Were the perpetrators black?

Posted by: petey | Jun 1, 2014 6:00:15 PM

2. Hold on now! this young man is from Huntsville, Alabama and he said "I didn't know gay bashing still existed". I am sorry, Huntsville, Alabama!! No gay bashing at all?

Posted by: 2AMOR | Jun 1, 2014 6:05:02 PM

3. And welcome to the real world, one and all where no not everything's going to be rainbows and a trip to McDonalds for a Happy Meal. The price paid for all that Pride weekend, new outfits and free admission to the club? Good ole helpings of ignorant discrimination, so Bambi whatcha gonna do? It's now on YOU!

Posted by: RICK | Jun 1, 2014 8:00:45 PM

4. Psyco RICK,

May you mouth-off one day, offline and not comfy comfy behind your computer screen, to somebody who will show you "real world" consequences to your prejudice.

Personally, nothing would give me more pleasure than to go "God Bless America" 2011 on your ass.

Posted by: Anon | Jun 1, 2014 8:11:47 PM

5. ANON, When you find this RICK trash, let us know. I am sure there will be a line behind you wanting there 2 minutes with this little PIG!!

Posted by: 2AMOR | Jun 1, 2014 8:29:23 PM

6. Must be the Democrats moving into a quiet Republican town and bringing their poltics with them.

Posted by: Kev C | Jun 1, 2014 8:52:57 PM

7. that still from the video is wild -
    some look chubby miss thang is rocking with that purple shirt and sweater combo -
    tres chic
    was it college boy realness night at the club and he forgot to change?

Posted by: j | Jun 1, 2014 9:35:27 PM

8. Gee... wonder why? I'd like to hear BOTH sides of the story as I'm quite certain these mean old, homophobic males didn't go out of their way to stab these guys based on their appearance.

Gays feel they are the exception to the rule. I've had gay men in clubs say things to me that made me want to stab them. If you want to live peacefully with heterosexuals, the first thing you need to understand is don't hit on or bring up any of your gay adventures while chatting with a straight male.

We don't care to know what you'd do to us in the bedroom nor do we care to hear the nasty things you've done with other guys. Period.

Posted by: abc | Jun 1, 2014 10:10:53 PM

9. ABC< OH GOD, ANOTHER TROLL!!!

Posted by: 2AMOR | Jun 1, 2014 10:39:37 PM

10. It's amazing how the comments are when it's Black LGBTQ PEOPLE than when it's other. And some wonder why Blacks gays don't bother. Some of you f@gs are worse than the right wing or Christians!

Posted by: CHOCOLATEBEARCUB | Jun 1, 2014 11:02:45 PM

11. @ ABC

You sure do spend a lot of your time with gay men, listening to their bedroom adventures. It's time to stop living your life through others.

Posted by: Anony6 | Jun 1, 2014 11:36:52 PM

12. @ChocolateBearCub,

Which is exactly why I don't trust white gay or Hispanic men. They scream when discriminated against, but readily and openly discriminate against black gays. They are hateful, evil and spiteful. This is why I say being black and being gay have NOTHING in common.

Posted by: JamesDeansJeans | Jun 2, 2014 2:28:09 AM