Gay Slurs | Jonah Hill | News

Jonah Hill Pulls an Alec Baldwin, Hurls Anti-Gay Slur at Paparazzo

Hill

After being followed and questioned by a paparazzo from TMZ in the Larchmont area of Los Angeles, actor Jonah Hill lashed out at the photographer with a farewell insult:

"Suck my d--k you faggot!"

Video here.

It's a similar sentiment to the one Alec Baldwin hurled at a photographer in NYC last November. He was condemned by GLAAD, and blasted by Anderson Cooper and Andrew Sullivan. MSNBC canceled Baldwin's show following the incident.

Will Hill be held to the same standards?

UPDATE: Hill expresses his regret to Howard Stern...

Comments

1. Will he be held to the same standard? My guess is no, as he's young and hot-looking. I hope I'm wrong here.

Posted by: kdknyc | Jun 3, 2014 8:34:12 AM

2. It's an unfortunate thing to say, but I have to sympathize with someone being repeatedly harassed by paparazzi. I'm sure I would say something unfortunate, as well.

Posted by: Mikey M | Jun 3, 2014 8:36:09 AM

3. I concur, Mikey. Having people hound you all the time, following you with video cameras, can't be a fun thing.

Posted by: kdknyc | Jun 3, 2014 8:37:30 AM

4. God, I hope he's not held to the same standards. Baldwin was absolutely mistreated by community he's been nothing but supportive of. It was embarrassing watching that nonsense.

Posted by: Chris | Jun 3, 2014 8:38:31 AM

5. He'll probably get the Eminem pass if he decides to go that route. However, Jonah may just apologize outright without making excuses which would be ideal. It's the only way to keep this from getting messy.

Posted by: Cory | Jun 3, 2014 8:40:01 AM

6. TMZ is a borderline homophobic website. It is also sexist and derogatory towards women.

Posted by: petey | Jun 3, 2014 8:40:54 AM

7. He's gonna get blasted for this. There will be a forces, insincere public apology where he may or may not stick his foot in his mouth even more. And in the meantime that scumbag Papparazzi that kept harassing and baiting him will get off scot free. I'm not one to jump to any type of slurs myself, but you can only push someone so far before they get ugly and mean. And this scumbag probably just got a raise for getting this response.

Posted by: AJ | Jun 3, 2014 8:41:02 AM

8. I agree with what Petey said, TMZ is a borderline homophobic website. Which is sad, because doesn't a gay man run TMZ? Harvey Levin? And I agree with the others sentiment. Granted, it was a terrible thing to say, but if someone was following you with a video camera everywhere, hounding you, would be awful.

Posted by: Terry | Jun 3, 2014 8:45:06 AM

9. The point isn't that he lashed out. It's a logical fallacy that he either doesn't lash out or that he says, "Suck my d--k you faggot!"

The point is that in the heat of the moment, he pulled out the worst possible thing he could think of, and out of all the possible words in the English language, and out of all the possible ways he could have combined them, in his mind, the worst possible thing he could say was, "Suck my d--k you faggot!"

Posted by: Mike | Jun 3, 2014 8:51:41 AM

10. I've always disliked Jonah Hill, and I've never found him attractive. He always has seemed douchey and too wannabe--in every context. This context only illustrates Jonah Hill as the too-privileged trash I already saw him as. I never trusted Jonah Hill further than I could keep him out of pictures, so this is no surprise for his lack of character as a human being.

Can we also call him out for his antigay gay-face routine now?

Posted by: Just_a_guy | Jun 3, 2014 8:51:59 AM

11. This is a good example of how homophobia, just like racism, tends to lurk just beneath the surface of most people. All it takes is a stressful situation and it pops out almost reflexively. It's true of everyone I suspect, not just straights. While it's never okay, and it does deserve a sincere apology and a commitment to check one's self in the future, this is clearly a human problem and not just a Jonah Hill problem. Alec Baldwin's generally assholish behavior only exacerbated his situation.

Posted by: The Milkman | Jun 3, 2014 8:56:03 AM

12. No, Jonah will get a pass, even though he shouldn't.

Alec's outburst was the latest of many, he's older, and he's on a relative career downturn post-30 Rock. Jonah's younger and on a career incline at the moment.

It shouldn't be this way, as the latter's an overrated egomaniac - his agent brother's even worse, having fired one of the Osbourne's for an MS diagnosis from a show a few years back.

Posted by: Leo | Jun 3, 2014 9:02:56 AM

13. If he comes out with a really sincere apology, he may get a pass. If he does one of these, "I'm sorry if I offended anyone," he could be in trouble.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 3, 2014 9:09:01 AM

14. "he's young and hot-looking."

Oh, honey, drop everything you are doing and get to an eye doctor immediately.

Posted by: crispy | Jun 3, 2014 9:12:52 AM

15. Not sure what the problem is. I would have said the same thing. Pretty sure you whiners on this board have said something similar in your lives. Simply using the word faggot doesn't make you homophobic.

Posted by: Ted | Jun 3, 2014 9:14:46 AM

16. enough already. People get mad and say stupid things, who hasn't?

Posted by: Jameson | Jun 3, 2014 9:15:21 AM

17. Is there a list a words people are allowed to use to avoid hurting people feelings???

Posted by: Ted | Jun 3, 2014 9:18:54 AM

18. oh please, no one cares about that loser anyway

Posted by: Lucas H | Jun 3, 2014 9:27:22 AM

19. Jonah Hill is attractive?

Posted by: Jack M | Jun 3, 2014 9:30:23 AM

20. Should watch his words - but like I said with Bladwin, these bursts of anger don't portray who they are as advocates for equality either.

Posted by: Honesty | Jun 3, 2014 9:39:54 AM

21. @ Ted - you didn't get your list in the mail? How strange.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 3, 2014 9:40:31 AM

22. Yawn, some people just can't help but be perpetual victims. I've said PLENTY of things when I'm pissed off that I didn't mean. Who cares? Quit being sissies. Jonah's ALWAYS tried to help the gay community, so just deal with it, or if you can't, then stop whining when yet ANOTHER advocate just gives up on your whiny ass.

Posted by: Hrm | Jun 3, 2014 9:51:38 AM

23. I guess that it is okay to say f@ggot (and n1gger, k1ke, ch1nk, sp1c, etc...) so long as someone is making you mad.

I am sorry, but when I get made the first word I use against people is not a derogatory slur. I will drop a bunch of f@ck bombs but never words like f@ggot.

Posted by: Perry | Jun 3, 2014 9:51:52 AM

24. @TED: thank you for saying that. This whole thing with people getting butt-hurt over words then demanding a canned apology is ridiculous. As if the apologies are ever sincere. They are only demanded when someone gets busted and what purpose do they serve? To further humiliate someone or draw unneeded attention to a stupid WORD.

Posted by: AJ | Jun 3, 2014 9:55:40 AM

25. @PERRY...." I will drop a bunch of f@ck bombs but never words like f@ggot. " LOL. Right.

Posted by: Ted | Jun 3, 2014 9:58:36 AM