Grindr | News | Scruff

Women Read Real Messages from Grindr, Scruff, and GROWLr: VIDEO

Messages

"Brace yourselves." The women of the Second City Network are here to offer dramatic readings of real-life propositions collected from Grindr, Scruff, and GROWLr and express their own horror, amusement, and curiosity.

(warning: language)

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Just more male-bashing as comedy.....yuk..

Posted by: styler | Jun 26, 2014 12:22:14 PM

2. I don't want to comment on the quality/authenticity of the comments read out....such a hoot !

But I could really do without fat or thin women invading our bars, sniggering at our social pick up sites, patronizing what we do or say, giggling with high pitched squeals at any thing in our lives.
    Go get your own lives.
    Funny, Andy ? No.
    Irritating in so many ways, yes.

Maybe they can all get tickets for summer camp in P'town and stop boring the rest of us into some catatonic.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 26, 2014 12:30:39 PM

3. Comments like those are the reason I love Douchebags of Grindr. Sometimes I'm embarrassed to be on the same planet with some of those guys. Many are racists and of course, ageist.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 26, 2014 12:32:09 PM

4. I thought it was hilarious. But really, if you captured anyone comments or actions when they were super horny, including these women, and then replayed it for people just sitting in front of their computer ready for some comedy, it would be funny.
    If you aren't in the mood for it, it all just seems silly.

Posted by: Matt | Jun 26, 2014 12:53:32 PM

5. And why the hell is this sneering, adolescent coven being given space on this page ?

I think we can set our own standards for ourselves; we can loath the nonsense of some Grindr/Scruff etc. postings; we can and we do criticize our own........we do not need or want belittling from this hen party..

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 26, 2014 12:54:36 PM

6. Apparently Jack has a twist in his manties.

Learn how to have a sense of humor. Jesus.

Posted by: Mikey M | Jun 26, 2014 1:00:03 PM

7. Hilarious. To the overly sensitive bitches whining about misandry above, grow a pair along with a sense of humour.

Posted by: leprechaunvict | Jun 26, 2014 1:20:49 PM

8. Jack, you're coming across as a misogynist.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 26, 2014 1:26:44 PM

9. I LOVE these. People that dont like this, dont like what they see in the mirror as these women are holding it in front of your face.

Posted by: SLH | Jun 26, 2014 1:38:29 PM

10. If men did a video on how women acted on dating/hookup apps, it'd be a video of them just sitting there doing nothing and waiting for someone else to do all the work.

Posted by: John | Jun 26, 2014 1:42:01 PM

11. I want to hear some Lesbian pick up lines....I don't know if I'd be grossed out or find them equally as funny.

Straight pick up lines are probably more hilarious.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Jun 26, 2014 1:45:30 PM

12. @MIKE :

Oh yeah ?
    Think about that.
    @SLH :
    'what they see in the mirror'.....seriously ?
    So anyone who criticises this garbage is seeing themselves in the mirror
    Jesus !
    @MIKEY :
    'A sense of humour' ?
    I might find this funny if I was twelve !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 26, 2014 1:47:40 PM

13. Oh man, look at the fools being outraged when women make fun of trashy hookup sites! Do you get as upset when your gay friends make fun of women's bodies, vaginas, etc?

Posted by: Hrm | Jun 26, 2014 2:04:50 PM

14. Another illustration of what women REALLY think of gay men and sex between men. Contempt, disrespect, ridicule, condescension--this is how women behave towards gay men when they are out of sight.....and not waiting on them hand and foot, as their hairdressers, florists, interior decorators, and general fops who keep them entertained.

And some gay men, especially the effeminate ones, are either so foolish or so lacking in self-respect, that (as the comments in this thread from HRM, SLH, Mike in the Tundra, Mikey M and other woman wannabes demonstrate) that they actually defend the women who view them with such contempt.

In a broader sense, though, this exercise is just one more indication of how deeply threatened all women are beginning to feel by changes in the male culture, with homophobia among men dissipating, setting the stage for all men to be emotionally, socially, and sexually independent of women.....and once that occurs, women will be stripped of every last vestige of power, as they deserve to be.

When your only real asset is a smelly hole between your legs and a couple of floppy milk-jugs, that is the risk you face--after all, pretty much all progress in the world has been the consequence of male achievement--and continues to be--and always will be, given the inferiority in every way of the female sex.

Posted by: Rick | Jun 26, 2014 2:25:38 PM

15. Only thing missing was "u on prep? Let's BB then!"

Posted by: Sam | Jun 26, 2014 2:29:10 PM

16. "Learn how to have a sense of humor. Jesus"

Tell me, how humorous would those of you defending these women regard this video if it were straight MEN engaging in the same sort of behavior? You would not consider it humorous at all, would you?

As yourselves why that is.......

Posted by: Rick | Jun 26, 2014 2:29:21 PM

17. For example, when my mother caught my performing fellation on my sleeping grandfather she chastised me for it. Can you believe her insensitivity? Only a woman would be so selfish as to not allow me the one thing that brought me joy in life - performing oral sex on an unconscious septuagenerian.

The only good thing about women is that their menstrual cycles necessitate a market for tampons and maxi pads, both of which I use to deal with my constant anal leakage. Not from having too much sex, mind you, as I've never had sex - but because I'm simply so full of S**t that it's constantly trying to escape my body.

Posted by: Rick | Jun 26, 2014 2:30:21 PM

18. And some of you think that your comments on this thread are above the asinine comments of GRINDR.

As I said, we can censure ourselves; we don't need patronizing women to do so.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 26, 2014 2:38:08 PM

19. That last "Rick" post? You can spot Kiwi a mile away. No one threatens him more.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 26, 2014 2:44:34 PM

20. As for on line comments anywhere...would anyone ever take up - and record - reading of the many poignant, profound and heartfelt things that people say on any number of things? Is there a website for any of this anywhere? Would it ever be noticed?

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 26, 2014 2:48:27 PM

21. You're right. I'm very threatened by Kiwi, UFFDA. He does what I will never be able to - stand up like a real man. Anonymity is all I have, and that's a sad sad thing for a grown man like myself.

Posted by: Rick | Jun 26, 2014 2:52:46 PM

22. The Lesbian woman with the short hair cut and gray hair was sexy. Strap-ons AINT out of the question with me.

@ "I cannot wait for the backlash that is coming....it is going to be one satisfying sight to see....."

Well, Rick, if you stand with your back to a full length mirror holding a hand mirror in your hand--I guess you could see it now.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 26, 2014 2:59:13 PM

23. @ Jack - if it's the women that upset you, here are some gays doing the same thing:

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 26, 2014 3:01:46 PM

24. Since you chimed in Derrick, I should point out that the contempt that women feel for gay men--as strong as it is--does not even remotely compare to the contempt they feel towards trannies and other gender-confused men such as yourself.......which is why women will never, ever regard you as real women or admit you into their social circles.

Which has to sting......and which leaves you and others like you in Nowhereland, doesn't it?....which, in turn, I guess, explains all your self-destructive behavior and why most of you are dead before the age of 40......

Women have no more use for woman wannabes than they do for masculine men who don't want or need them for anything. Painful truth for you......

Posted by: Rick | Jun 26, 2014 3:05:00 PM

25. just more anti-gay culture from women.

Do they ever parody straight males?

Nah, of course not.