How to Remove An Owl From Your Home: VIDEO

Owl

YouTube user Colton Wright managed to document part of his terrifying, 40 minute ordeal with a rogue owl inside his home. The key to finally getting the owl out? A Swiffer.

Watch the Owl Whisperer in action, AFTER THE JUMP

Comments

1. They usually just deliver their packages and fly away.

Posted by: crispy | Jun 23, 2014 10:30:22 AM

2. I love everything about this

Posted by: keith | Jun 23, 2014 10:40:43 AM

3. What was the terrifying part?

Posted by: Raybob | Jun 23, 2014 10:50:38 AM

4. Wow. I guess he didn't grow up on a farm or have any contact with wild birds.

Posted by: homer | Jun 23, 2014 10:56:39 AM

5. No screen on his window? It helps to keep out owls and other flying creatures.

Posted by: David From Canada | Jun 23, 2014 11:08:16 AM

6. I love the STARE that owl gives him. It's super creepy. But yeah, this isn't 1920. Windows NEED screens.

Posted by: Robert | Jun 23, 2014 11:13:20 AM

7. Well, this was a very informative video. Now, tell me, how do you remove a super macho, hustling piece of "trade" from your home...after he's tried to steal your credit cards and bank cards?

Any suggestions?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 23, 2014 11:30:43 AM

8. That was a wise thing to do.

Posted by: Randy | Jun 23, 2014 11:54:20 AM

9. @ Derrick - Since you asked him to leave, he's trespassing. Call the police.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 23, 2014 12:11:20 PM

10. @Derrick: Did you try squirting him with water?

Posted by: crispy | Jun 23, 2014 12:27:29 PM

11. I always have wild birds fly into my apartment and they feel very safe when I use a feather duster as this fellow did--they literally just step onto it and wait till I get to the door before flying off.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Jun 23, 2014 1:42:55 PM

12. I would have sh*t my pants. Those owl eyes are the scariest thing ever. This was so much fun to watch -- I'm just glad it wasn't me.

Posted by: Marc | Jun 23, 2014 2:02:08 PM

13. Lol! Omg, that just made my day. Hilarious. I would have just moved. The owl can have the house.

Posted by: daws | Jun 23, 2014 2:24:10 PM

14. LOL. That eyes peering at him as the owl was slowly extended out the window could give you nightmares! That was fun!

Posted by: Keith | Jun 23, 2014 2:28:31 PM

15. LOL @ "@Derrick: Did you try squirting him with water?"

Thanks, CRISPY, but I couldn't even get him to squirt me...if ya' know what I mean.

I'd rather have the owl.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 23, 2014 2:44:48 PM

16. @RAYBOB

"What was the terrifying part?" - Owls are predators, and have very sharp talons and extremely strong grip; hundreds of pounds of pressure per square inch. That's why Owl handlers need to wear those thick long gloves.

I would be pretty freaked out too if a freaked out owl was flying around my house.

Posted by: BlackOwl | Jun 23, 2014 2:47:54 PM

17. @Blackowl: That's a Screech Owl. They're smaller than pigeons, and their talons are about as dangerous as a kitty cat's. I've handled Screech Owls numerous times, and you most assuredly don't need leather gauntlets.

Airplane crashes, being buried alive, and Justin Bieber's fans are terrifying. An angry, flying cat is a nuisance, but hardly terrifying.

Posted by: crispy | Jun 23, 2014 3:07:59 PM

18. It was a Screech Owl, so no death dealing talons as far as we're concerned. This guy needs to get outside in nature more.

Posted by: orwoodsman | Jun 23, 2014 3:12:54 PM

19. @MIKE IN THE TUNDRA is right. You said that he also "tried to steal your credit cards and bank cards", that is at LEAST attempted robbery too. Call the cops!

Also SWEAR to yourself that you will NEVER get in this situation again.
    MUCH worse can happen when you pick up rough "trade" that you do not really know.

Posted by: Mike | Jun 23, 2014 3:38:39 PM

20. LOL. Thanks Mike and Mike, but I was trying to make a joke. That situation hasn't happened to me in many years and IT WON'T AGAIN.

But you're right. It's a problem for many folks Gay and Straight--allowing an unsavory person to disrupt (or endanger) your life. You have to be careful who you allow to enter your life.

And is it my fault that we went from the issue of an owl your house to dangerous men in your house? I'm sorry. I guess, a bad ass makes a girl's heart beat faster.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 23, 2014 4:09:50 PM

21. No problem. Understand Derrick. Just take care out there!

Posted by: Mike | Jun 23, 2014 4:54:23 PM

22. Seriously that guy is a major wimp! I had to deal with a rather nasty possum once- should have made a video of that...

Posted by: jarago | Jun 23, 2014 6:22:25 PM

23. I forget, what type of gay man body type is an "owl"? Is it something like an "otter" only smaller?

Posted by: anon | Jun 23, 2014 6:56:12 PM

24. Cute. And hilarious.

Posted by: Glenn I | Jun 23, 2014 7:18:41 PM

25. I LOVED it. It's the new honeybadger!

Posted by: Ulu | Jun 23, 2014 7:37:45 PM