Gay Slurs | Nash Grier | News | Vine

Nash Grier Kisses Gay Fan After Being Slammed For Homophobic Slur: PHOTO

Grier

No doubt in response to the fallout from his homophobic Vine that went viral, social media star Nash Grier decided to kiss a gay fan in an attempt to show he has love rather than antipathy for the gay community. The fan shared the experience on Snapchat and later on Tumblr, saying: "To all the people complaining about Nash being a homophobic who’s against gays; He willingly kissed a boy just for a snapchat story on top of apologizing twice."

What do you think of Grier's attempt to kiss and make up?

Comments

1. He said some dumb stuff. He's a zygote, for goodness sake. Time to move on.

Posted by: throwslikeagirl | Jul 11, 2014 1:22:44 PM

2. WELL! That solves it! After all, if you can't trust someone whose url is

Who can you trust?

Posted by: SPOT | Jul 11, 2014 1:24:46 PM

3. I guess a peck on the lips is something, but I bet the gay kid was hoping for some tongue.

Posted by: Randy | Jul 11, 2014 1:26:15 PM

4. Such bravery. Because town non-apologies and an uncomfortable kiss with a gay person TOTALLY absolves an individual with a history of blatantly homophobic comments of any and all responsibility for said homophobic acts. I'm sure he's counting on the f*gs he loves to criticize will instantly love him again.

Barf. Crummy parenting and a lack of adequate supervision has yielded a lack of self awareness. This little sociopath needs to just quit while he's ahead.

Posted by: Tyler | Jul 11, 2014 1:27:26 PM

5. *two, not town.

Posted by: Tyler | Jul 11, 2014 1:27:40 PM

6. a) I wish he would kiss me

b) Can someone explain to this old fart what in the world VINE is and how in the world a 16-year-old has managed to get 8 million people to "follow" him? Thanks.

Posted by: Rick | Jul 11, 2014 1:28:20 PM

7. He got hit in his famewhoredom, where it hurt him the most.

He's a hateful christian who had been exposed and will now do anything to hold on to those 9 million fans whose minds he was polluting with his hatred of all things queer.

That being said: good famewhore move, famewhore.

And I'm glad all the sane and decent people backed him into this corner, because now he can never get out of it.

Carry on.

Posted by: oncemorewithfeeling | Jul 11, 2014 1:30:21 PM

8. It figures that Rick, who hates gay people and resents anything and everything LGBT would want to make out with a homophobe who likely hates gay people just as much as he does. Sucking up to those who hate us is his MO.

Rick, is it difficult to stand without a spine?

Posted by: Tyler | Jul 11, 2014 1:30:41 PM

9. Also, imagine how much friendlier this thread will be to Grier compared to the author of the 'Dear White Gays' article. We won't be seeing any sexist comments, or racism. He's a straight while male and will get far kinder treatment.

Posted by: Tyler | Jul 11, 2014 1:35:25 PM

10. @Tyler Not that you are ever worth responding to, mindless PC robot that you are, but I readily admitted with my question in (b) that I had no idea who this boy is or what VINE is......and my remark in a was simply based on his physicality and the assumption that a boy who would kiss another boy on the lips could not possibly be homophobic

Posted by: Rick | Jul 11, 2014 1:38:49 PM

11. Tyler, I'm pretty sure that was someone posing as Rick.

With regard to the story, who gives a crap what some 16-year-old kid said on Vine or whatever. It was vile, yes, and I certainly wouldn't watch anything he did, but how sad that our society puts gives so much power to some nobody with a webcam.

Posted by: Zell | Jul 11, 2014 1:41:20 PM

12. Of this three million followers, they are dropping off like flies. I'd kiss anything I could get my hands on if my subscribers - who earn me thousands of dollars in advertising fees - were leaving in droves. The guy is homophobic no matter how many frogs he kisses. If you are a subscriber to his Vine Channel then by-all-means, drop him like a hot potato.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jul 11, 2014 1:41:33 PM

13. Phew.
    well, that's all right then......the world can get back to spinning.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jul 11, 2014 1:43:17 PM

14. Every comment, post and re-post about this nobody just adds another minute to his 15 minutes.
    In fact the only way I heard about this little boy was here.

Posted by: I wont grow up | Jul 11, 2014 1:44:59 PM

15. @Zell No, it was me, the "real" Rick. Would somebody tell me what VINE is and how this kid got so many followers?

Posted by: Rick | Jul 11, 2014 1:45:00 PM

16. I'm actually kind of glad this certain situation came up because I start questioning at what point do we "draw the line" when it comes to what's considered "acceptable" and not. Another friend was talking about a situation like this where we begin to fear about being labeled as "bigot" because we (as a whole) can't speak up. At what point do we say "Enough is enough"? And when do we feel it wasn't intentional? And it was just... I don't know... ranting?

Posted by: MickyFlip | Jul 11, 2014 1:46:10 PM

17. According to his YouTube channel he has but just 3,124,785 - down nearly 400,000 since his infamous homophobic scream. Every time he puts up a video the views are over a million. Google pays him almost 2cents a view. According to SocialBlade, the website that tracks and reports on the salaries of YouTubers, he earns about $58,000 a month which measures out to $704,000 per year. Not bad for a homophobic twit, not bad at all. I'm sure he is laughing all the way to the bank because of all the publicity his "fag" scream has generated.

And to think Google deleted my "World Naked Bike Ride" video with its paltry 22,000 views (and I won't allow ads to run on my videos to the dismay of Google) citing it violates their decency policy. DavyWavy on the other hand can literally show the vpl of a straight dude in sheer underwear and he buys a new house in L.A. with the ad money it generates. BTW, to see my 'World Naked' (including the uncensored version) click my name. I put it back up on my channel despite the threat of losing that channel from Google for defying them. Look to the comments for the url to the uncensored version.

Posted by: Cary Chauvet | Jul 11, 2014 1:53:21 PM

18. @MICKYFLIP

when his done this more than once...or twice..

but really who cares...just a social media celeb..urgh

Posted by: Me | Jul 11, 2014 1:55:42 PM

19. RICK: spend a little less time on sports message boards getting your "info" on gay people and you might know what Vine is. Figures your comment would be "based on his physicality" as you only judge people based on superficial things like race, masculinity, etc;

Posted by: BETTY | Jul 11, 2014 1:58:15 PM

20. He'll be bottoming in a week

Posted by: BMcG | Jul 11, 2014 2:02:04 PM

21. I still am not sure who this child is, or why anyone cares what he thinks.

Posted by: The Milkman | Jul 11, 2014 2:04:06 PM

22. "spend a little less time on sports message boards"

Ah, yes, those EVIL masculine interests like sports.....Ugh......

"you only judge people based on superficial things...."

Did I seriously just read this accusation on a gay blog? (LOL)

Posted by: Rick | Jul 11, 2014 2:12:01 PM

23. To those who are lost as to who this kid is or what "Vine" is - you need to get out more on the Internet. Social Media is everything to these twenty-somethings. Google gives you as many 'channels' as you want (think of a TV channel) and there you can upload for free anything within their guidelines that will get others to visit and view your videos. In return, Google will pay you up to 2cents per view and you can sit at home all day while your video earns your income.

"Vines" are six-second videos to grab your attention. Most are funny, some are atrocious, others are original songs or homemade clips. The more people you get to subscribe (you are notified when a new Vine is uploaded) and the more views you generate the more money you make. Seriously, some of these guys make more money then you or I will ever see in one year just putting together little 6-second videos. The Diggs put up a video where he is at the wheel of a car and all he does for six minutes is say, "This is handsome" (and he smiles) "This is ugly" (and he frowns). It is funny and not only generates thousands of views (and ad money) but increases his own fan base (he is currently starring in a 11-episode TV Show called "Murder in the First" which is very good).

Now you know.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jul 11, 2014 2:13:08 PM

24. Sorry, that should read, "Taye Diggs put up a video..." Damn autocorrect!

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Jul 11, 2014 2:15:12 PM