Film | Film and TV | Gay Artists | Gay Media | Marijuana | News | Video

Short Film '420' Celebrates The HomoStoner Lifestyle: VIDEO

Homostoners

Jacob Brown's new short film "420" is straightforward, sexy, and psychedelic. A prolonged, lip-lock-filled toking session, the movie aims to promote respect and acknowledgement of a hybrid cultural niche: that of the 'homostoner'. One part homosexual, one part stoner, both parts woozy fun, the film is a fantasia acted out by a real-life couple.

Brown's Vimeo descriptions reads:

In the past few years, mainstream America has warmed to two formerly taboo trends: gay rights and marijuana. New York boyfriends Carlos Santolalla and John Tuite sit at the intersection of the two––their shared Instagram handle @jarlos420 is a showcase of their homostoner lifestyle. This video celebrates 420 and homoeroticism. “It’s about how weed can act as an aphrodisiac,” Santolalla explains. “A fantasy about when ‘lemme hit that’ becomes ‘lemme hit that.’”

Enjoy the short film, AFTER THE JUMP...

(Warning: work-unfriendly)

420 from Jacob Brown on Vimeo.

Comments

1. I think this movie just promotes stereotypes. As for promoting respect? Nope.

Posted by: B | Jul 6, 2014 2:18:56 PM

2. So, uh, wow, like there was this one time, there was, like, this dude, and, uh, he lived down the block and I wasn't sure or anything you know, about what he was into but he, like, was really really hot and so one day when I had just got some of this superlikesuperextrafine kush from some girlygirl I work with well then, uh, let's see so, um, yeah, so this dude down the block we was like I ran into him and I said, wassup, and he said nada so I said, like, hey you wanna go and smoke some and he said, well ok so I said I live in that building there and so why don't we and he said ok so then I was thinkin he was hot and he was checkin me out I knew I could tell so this was before like around noon and, uh.... sorry what was we talkin about?

Posted by: jamal49 | Jul 6, 2014 2:26:10 PM

3. I liked it. Reminds me of many people I know.

Posted by: Martino | Jul 6, 2014 2:52:32 PM

4. So will "HomoMethheads" be the next celebrated group?

Posted by: Kissyfur | Jul 6, 2014 2:55:38 PM

5. Bravo JAMAL...worthy of James Joyce.

As for me, all I can say is that these guys are having more fun than I've had anywhere recently.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jul 6, 2014 3:03:52 PM

6. But wait, JAMAL, they were both white, why aren't you bitchin?

Posted by: UFFDA | Jul 6, 2014 3:04:53 PM

7. Stoners are such a turn-off to me. I just see laziness, no ambition, no drive, which often equates to no job, no car, no future and not going anywhere in life besides the sofa. Now, this may not always be the case, but getting high all the time does affect the brain. Even if I am not looking for a LTR, even a hook-up with a stoner loses its appeal. It's a shame. These guys are cute, but the checked-out, fogged-over eyes don't equate to intimacy., even in a hot one-night stand.

Posted by: Marc | Jul 6, 2014 3:14:46 PM

8. What song version of Blue Jeans White Shirt is this? Anyone know?

Posted by: Stephens | Jul 6, 2014 3:34:09 PM

9. @JAMAL49 & MARK

WOW. Just wow.

It looks like those TV PSAs and stoner-stereotype portrayals in comedy really got to you, huh? Doesn't sound like you've much experience with REAL pot smokers.

I was going to suggest you read about marijuana usage from a neurobiological perspective, but you probably unfortunately don't have access to the literature, and you wouldn't be inclined anyway.

No matter. Keep your stoner stereotypes; I'm sure real pot smokers don't want to f*** you either.

Posted by: Anon | Jul 6, 2014 3:45:10 PM

10. @Kissy

Meth =/= or will ever = Marijuana.

Stop being a harpy and saying so.

Posted by: Martino | Jul 6, 2014 4:07:08 PM

11. UFFDA.

Why are you racist?

Posted by: Martino | Jul 6, 2014 4:08:25 PM

12. Martino - follow the dots...figure it out.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jul 6, 2014 4:53:32 PM

13. UFFDA : Weed and meth are two totally different experiences, it's not the same thing and weed does not lead to meth. Except in your weird little sheltered world view that screams lack of experience.

Posted by: Buckie | Jul 6, 2014 4:57:41 PM

14. I smoked pot for a month one night.

Posted by: Mastik8 | Jul 6, 2014 5:20:09 PM

15. Ha. Beautiful JAMAL49! Like beautiful man . . .

Posted by: Mike | Jul 6, 2014 5:24:20 PM

16. The one with the blue eyes is really cute. IF he gained some mass, he'd look a lot better

Posted by: Ryan | Jul 6, 2014 6:10:06 PM

17. Homostoner? Has Towleroad finally turned into Fox News?

Posted by: petey | Jul 6, 2014 6:18:20 PM

18. Homostoner??? Really? As if LGBT people weren't stereotyped enough, here comes another dumbed-down caricature along with a set of personality traits for us to adhere to... is that what it is? What an embarrassment.

Posted by: stranded | Jul 6, 2014 7:19:27 PM

19. Big surprise, they happen to be young. Cuz one day you grow up and want to do something with your life.

Posted by: Robert | Jul 6, 2014 7:31:57 PM

20. Ahhhhh loved this!!!!

Posted by: Billy | Jul 6, 2014 7:34:15 PM

21. Very amusing, if not always true.

Posted by: Brian | Jul 6, 2014 10:15:51 PM

22. My brother is genius....

Posted by: Josh Brown | Jul 6, 2014 11:56:05 PM

23. Oh Baby, I remember, oh I remember. My best homo bro and I doing the fine Columbian weed and yo it just makes the love that's there come through and make you want to make him cum......Uh huh

Posted by: BrokebackBob | Jul 7, 2014 12:02:21 AM

24. Who do I call to get my five minutes back I wasted on this? I appreciate the need for content but wow, what nonsense. And no, i'm not old or a prude (I'm 27 and smoke occasionally).

Posted by: Baltesq | Jul 7, 2014 12:05:23 AM

25. Too much pot and make you lax about cleaning your skin so you won't get zits....time for ProActive guys! :-)

Posted by: BrokebackBob | Jul 7, 2014 12:07:26 AM