Nature | News

Fawn Reacts Appropriately to a Hot Man Rubbing its Belly: VIDEO

Fawn

Everyone enjoys being fawned over, particularly this little guy.

Wrote Justin Lewis:

My buddy and I were clearing a right of way for the electric lines and came across this fawn trapped in the fall path of the tree we were about to trim. He was tangled in some thorns and was pretty shaken up after we cut him loose, so we started rubbing his belly to calm him down.... which worked a little too well, as you can see.

He followed us around the job site like a lost puppy for about an hour until I noticed a doe watching us from the hillside. Assuming this was his mother, I carried him about halfway up the hill while she watched attentively. I sat him down, he ran straight to her, and they walked off together.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Cute! How anyone can hunt and kill these precious animals is absolutely unfathomable to me. The HSUS has excellent population control programs to cut down their reproduction; so those who support hunting deer for "population control" are just as guilty as those who pull the trigger.

Posted by: Dr. Christopher Blackwell | Aug 4, 2014 1:20:39 PM

2. In this cold world brimming with hate and selfishness this heartwarming photo and story made my day. Thanks!

Posted by: Max | Aug 4, 2014 1:21:12 PM

3. I agree with Max, this was a nice change from the usual news.

Posted by: Theo | Aug 4, 2014 1:25:56 PM

4. you are so right MAX..............

Posted by: steve | Aug 4, 2014 1:26:15 PM

5. That fawn is in for a big surprise come hunting season.

Posted by: Merv | Aug 4, 2014 1:30:47 PM

6. Deer are like hooved rats. They are extremely destructive of vegetation, can be threats to motorists, and are carriers and spreaders of ticks which carry Lyme disease.

On the plus side, they make excellent sausage, chili and barbecue.

Posted by: Bambi. | Aug 4, 2014 1:30:49 PM

7. I too cannot understand why anyone would purposely hurt an animal or child. Over 8,000 children under the age of 5 were murdered in the last 12 months by either members of their family or outsiders. In North Carolina the Child Welfare department sent back to families over 108 children - all of whom had been brutalized by their parents and over 90 of those children did not survive those returns. Investigators say this is the fault of the Child Welfare department who knew full well these children were in danger but wanting to meet 'return' quotas went right ahead and sent those children to their deaths. I cannot understand how any parent could harm their own child - it just doesn't compute in my mind. Or how a parent can forget they have an infant in the backseat of their car for hours on end until that child dies. Surely while sitting at your work desk for seven hours your thoughts had to include your child. I find no excuse for such behavior other than it was intentional.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Aug 4, 2014 1:31:15 PM

8. @BAMBI is a perfect example of a sick and mentally unstable mind.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Aug 4, 2014 1:33:30 PM

9. Here's to Mad Cow Disease! Love and Kisses, "Bambi"

Posted by: Sean Maloney | Aug 4, 2014 1:54:21 PM

10. I'd do anything for a little doe!

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 4, 2014 2:14:16 PM

11. Glad he was returned to his mom

Posted by: dana | Aug 4, 2014 2:44:37 PM

12. Great story but some reason it makes me kind of hungry.

Posted by: Michael | Aug 4, 2014 2:57:35 PM

13. Bambi, sorry but people are far worse than any animal who actually enjoys equilibrium in their ecosystem.

Posted by: Hrm | Aug 4, 2014 3:04:21 PM

14. Do the deer huggers here realize that deer eat small birds alive? Check the YouTube videos if you don't believe me.

Posted by: Merv | Aug 4, 2014 3:07:33 PM

15. @ "Do the deer huggers here realize that deer eat small birds alive? Check the YouTube videos if you don't believe me."

Well, what can we say, MERV? Straight guys & Lesbians eat live pussay, and some Gay guys eat live bootay hole.

What do Straight women eat? Oh, they eat Straight guys' bootay holes.

Everybody EAT! Lets wipe out hunger in America.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 4, 2014 3:16:30 PM

16. ugh god leave it to Mike Ryan to take what is otherwise a cute video and bring everyone down. Speaking of mentally unstable..

Posted by: Not that rob | Aug 4, 2014 3:31:08 PM

17. The truth about deer and other cute fuzzy animals.

Posted by: doug105 | Aug 4, 2014 4:21:35 PM

18. I hope they were being honest about finding the mother and not grinding the fawn up for sausage. At least this is a useful tip for what to do with lost fawns, of which there many every year around here.

Posted by: anon | Aug 4, 2014 4:47:30 PM

19. Hahaha, you guys are so funny!

Posted by: Rowan | Aug 4, 2014 5:57:08 PM

20. One of these days people will learn how to make horizontal videos. It's not going to happen anytime soon, but I guess there's always faded hope...

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Aug 4, 2014 6:04:11 PM

21. show it to Ellen. she'll make it a internet sensation

Posted by: Kyle | Aug 4, 2014 6:10:54 PM

22. I don't blame Bambi - that dude has nice big hands...

Posted by: jarago | Aug 4, 2014 6:13:30 PM

23. Lol That was cute.

Posted by: MickyFlip | Aug 4, 2014 11:54:31 PM

24. Perhaps it's not that the fawn doesn't want to be put down but that, as the guy bends over, the fawn thinks it's gonna fall? Another case, I think, of people reading their own motives into others.

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Aug 5, 2014 2:46:53 PM

25. Um, if that guy in the video was holding me and rubbing my belly, I don't think I'd want him to put me down either. He's hot.

Posted by: jamal49 | Aug 6, 2014 2:13:19 PM