News

Kids React to Typewriters: VIDEO

Screen Shot 2014-08-04 at 8.54.44 AM

Unlike the Kids React video on the Sony Walkman, these youth at least know what a typewriter is. They're just baffled these old "computers" can't play games or fix mistakes with the backspace.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. They're not as stupid as I feared, given their previous reaction vids to recent technology. Maybe it's cartoons, like where I learned of things from my own parents' childhood. In fact, their initial reactions are quite like mine were.

Posted by: Robert | Aug 4, 2014 9:11:33 AM

2. I am almost 30 years old, and I don't even really know how to use a type writer.

Posted by: Evan C | Aug 4, 2014 10:28:13 AM

3. "it types and it prints at the same time"
    "it's pretty hard to do, but it's funner"
    "I feel so bad for you guys"
    "No, no, no, no, no! The Mac isn't going to be like this!"

*groan*

I feel ancient sometimes.

@Evan: no worries: the IBM PC (first really widespread desktop personal computer) came out somewhere around 1981, so there's not much reason you *would* know how to use a typewriter.

Posted by: Raybob | Aug 4, 2014 11:22:59 AM

4. I think the whole series is fake, considering all the "kids" are professional actors and considering they have always give the same acted response of confusion and amusement.

Just follow anyone of the "actors" in the series and see how many other roles and commercials they do. Coincidence? I think not.

Posted by: James Peron | Aug 4, 2014 4:55:38 PM

5. My 7 year old niece was curious about these contraption and she enjoyed playing with an old electric model.

Posted by: jarago | Aug 4, 2014 6:20:52 PM