Harry Styles | Michael Sam

One Direction's Harry Styles Dons Michael Sam Jersey at St. Louis Concert: PHOTO

Styles

One Direction's Harry Styles showed off his support for Michael Sam and the LGBT community at the band's show in St. Louis last night - donning the openly gay football player's No.96 Rams jersey on-stage to the cheers of fans.

Tweeted Sam this morning in response:

Tonight's match-up between the Rams and Miami Dolphins is the last opportunity for Sam to demonstrate his abilities before the team finalizes its season roster.

Best of luck Sam!

Comments

1. "One Direction's Harry Styles showed off his support for Michael Sam and the LGBT community at the band's show in St. Louis last night"

Michael Sam is a gay man. He is not a transsexual or a crossdresser or a hermaphrodite. So I don't think that the phony LGBT concept has anything to do with this story.

Posted by: Phil | Aug 28, 2014 12:49:13 PM

2. Phil is just Rick (a bigot and a troll). He is not a gay man or in any way affiliated with the LGBT community. So I don't think he has any place to comment on the status of the LGBT community.

"Phil," who are you trying to fool?

Posted by: Tyler | Aug 28, 2014 12:53:02 PM

3. Way to go Harry! I predict Michael Sam will make the team for the full season. Fingers crossed!

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Aug 28, 2014 1:08:04 PM

4. Tyler, I know you're a tranny lover, but trannies, hermaphrodites and other freaks of that nature aren't rational human beings. They're mentally ill self mutilators looking to legitimize their mental illness by attaching themselves the mentally-healthy LGBs. Just because Rick is right doesn't mean he and I are the same person. Great minds think alike.

Posted by: Phil | Aug 28, 2014 1:20:50 PM

5. Tyler, I know you're a tranny lover, but trannies, hermaphrodites and other freaks of that nature aren't rational human beings. They're mentally ill self mutilators looking to legitimize their mental illness by attaching themselves the mentally-healthy LGBs. Just because Rick is right doesn't mean he and I are the same person. Great minds think alike.

Posted by: Rick | Aug 28, 2014 1:20:58 PM

6. One whole comment about the actual post at five comments in? That's one too many for the Trollroad trolls!

Go, Trollroad trolls, go!

Posted by: oncemorewithfeeling | Aug 28, 2014 1:26:28 PM

7. Sorry, OnceMoreWithFeeling, but I'm just tired of Rick's rampant transphobia. If the site moderators would just take action on this issue and ban this type of behavior, I wouldn't call it out. But Trans and Trans-friendly commenters/readers shouldn't have to be subject to such awful bigotry. Calling trolls out is one way to reassure the Ts and T supporters know Towleroad isn't a haven for transphobia, and maybe even encourage them to contribute positively.

Posted by: Tyler | Aug 28, 2014 1:29:08 PM

8. I really wish Towleroad would move to Disqus or something to better bar the rampant transphobia on this blog.

Posted by: Mikey M | Aug 28, 2014 1:36:15 PM

9. Harry is a really cool guy. It's a shame his bandmates are such tools.

Posted by: JMC | Aug 28, 2014 1:44:08 PM

10. Why is Phil not right? Michael Sam is a man. He is not a transman or a transwoman. Don't see where the LGBT aspect of this comes in.

Anyway, I love Harry and it is awesome that he would wear the jersey!

Posted by: Addison | Aug 28, 2014 2:54:16 PM

11. Way to go dude!

Posted by: RK | Aug 28, 2014 3:51:19 PM

12. Dear Phil,
    Get a job and get out more.
    You're talking $h1te.
    JFT

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Aug 28, 2014 3:59:38 PM

13. FFS, Towleroad, when are we getting a better comment system? I want that thumb-down option. The readership should be able to "bury" comments that aren't adding value.

Posted by: Randy | Aug 28, 2014 5:10:45 PM

14. What was Niall wearing? C'mon, people, I want thorough reporting here!

Posted by: bravo | Aug 28, 2014 11:54:19 PM