Music | News

Prom Date's 'Good Morning, Boyfriend' Is a 'Little Monsters' Inspired Gay Synth Love Story: VIDEO

Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 3.30.29 PM

New Orleans synthpop collective Prom Date has just released the video for their new single "Good Morning, Boyfriend," a gay love song of sorts. Bonus points go to the lead singer for being a really cute bear.

The Truth About Music writes:

With its thick, bouncy bass, swirling effects, snappy percussion, solidly tight three-part harmonies and interweaving backing vocals, the track builds on the deliciously danceable synth pop of its predecessor ['X My Heart']. As for the video, the band pay homage to Little Monsters, using the 80′s comedy flick to drive home a message of self-acceptance.

Check out the video (and their first single too), AFTER THE JUMP...

Prom Date’s full-length album Portraits is set for release August 5.

Screen Shot 2014-08-10 at 3.30.50 PM

Comments

1. I'm sorry. If there's any gay content in this, I must have blinked and missed it. Could somebody kindly point out the minutes and seconds where anything remotely gay took place?

Posted by: will | Aug 10, 2014 6:06:18 PM

2. wow. i lasted like 10 seconds with each one. the music was just awful. This sounds like that horrid 80's music I learned about in school. no thank you.

Posted by: Will | Aug 10, 2014 6:25:06 PM

3. B*tch, b*tch, b*itch. Typical Towleroad whiner.

Posted by: UGH | Aug 10, 2014 6:32:45 PM

4. After that build up, I was expecting something much better. So I hung on for at least a full minute with hope it would get interesting. It didn't. They were both pretty awful.

Are these guys your friends? Or did they pay you to hype them?

Posted by: Joe in Ct | Aug 10, 2014 8:32:44 PM

5. Echoes of The Human League circa 'Dare' and 'Hysteria'

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Aug 10, 2014 8:54:37 PM

6. what @manny espinola says. Very 80's with that awful bad MTV 80's-type music video....not awful, just authentic.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Aug 10, 2014 9:18:51 PM

7. For the message to be heard you have to be willing to listen to it, that was crap.

Posted by: Lee | Aug 10, 2014 11:42:58 PM

8. Not bad, I rather enjoyed both of them.

Posted by: Cake | Aug 11, 2014 3:41:08 AM

9. Apparently a guy singing a song to his boyfriend isn't gay enough for you, @will?

Posted by: John | Aug 11, 2014 10:44:53 AM

10. After reading the comments I thought I was in store for something horribad... but I actually enjoyed both. <3 synthpop/dreamwave.

Posted by: Andrew | Aug 11, 2014 11:03:35 AM