Bryan Singer Hub




'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Hit With New Sex Assault Lawsuit

X-Men Director Bryan Singer and Broadway producer Gary Goddard are being hit with a new lawsuit alleging sexual abuse of an underage teen, the Daily Beast reports:

Goddard_singerThe new lawsuit filed by Egan’s attorney, Jeff Herman, alleges that Singer and Broadway producer Gary Goddard sexually assaulted a British teenager. He is known in the lawsuit as “John Doe No. 117,” fearing “further psychological injury” if his name is disclosed.

...According to the lawsuit, which Herman intends to officially announce Monday at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles at 2 p.m., Goddard first contacted the teenager via social media when he was 14. The producer allegedly told the young man he was good-looking, and that he knew people in London and Hollywood who could help him get work in his acting career. One of those people, Goddard allegedly added, was Singer.

The Beast article goes on to detail the allegations brought forth in the suit which include various situations in the U.S. and in London where the teen was forced to perform sexual acts and threatened if he did not do so.

The Beast continues:

The teenager, the suit contends, “only recently became cognizant that he has suffered psychological and emotional injuries, mental anguish and loss of enjoyment of life as a result of the Defendants’ sexual acts. Such injuries are severe, continuing, and permanent.”

The suit contends that Singer violated the law by sexually assaulting the teenager, traveling to a foreign country for “illicit conduct with a minor,” that he had arranged to “meet with a minor to engage in lewd and lascivious behavior,” and that by allegedly coercing the teenager in the way he did, Singer committed an act of “gender violence” against him.


TV Exec Garth Ancier Denies Sex Abuse Allegations; Bryan Singer Has '100 Witnesses' Ready

 Egan

Two new developments in the explosive Hollywood 'sex ring' lawsuits.

AncierFirst, TV executive Garth Ancier, who was named in plaintiff Michael Egan's sex abuse case earlier this month, is speaking out for the first time against what he calls "vile, unwarranted" allegations.

Wrote Ancier in a string of tweets:

"Thanks and gratitude to my friends, family and colleagues for your support this week. I wanted you all to hear from me personally and know that I intend to fight with every resource available this vile, unwarranted assault on my reputation. The intimidation tactics used in this transparent get-rich-quick scheme employ as their weapons of choice press conferences in tandem with frivolous lawsuits which shamelessly exploit homophobic fears and stereotypes. The mere fact that I have never so much as set foot on the estate in Hawaii where the plaintiff and his attorney claim numerous incidents took place and that Hawaiian law provided a convenient legal loophole for the plaintiff speaks volumes about the credibility of their  allegations, not a single one of which is true.  While I recognize we sadly live in a time where one is only innocent until allegations go viral on the Internet I remain confident that all of these allegations made against me will be exposed for the lies that they are and that the truth about my character will prevail."

SingerDirector Bryan Singer, who was also named in the lawsuit, has been steadfast in denying any wrongdoing, claiming he has the evidence to back up his innocence.

Buzzfeed reports:

The suit, filed last week in a federal court in Hawaii, was “reckless and irresponsible” Singer’s attorney said, and at least 100 witnesses could testify Singer was on set and not in Hawaii during the times he is accused of sexual abuse.

“Anyone who claims to be a witness to Bryan being in Hawaii with Egan is a bold [sic] faced liar,” he said. “There are very significant consequences when people lie under oath. If these alleged witnesses ever come forward and are willing to testify under oath, we will prove them to be liars.”

Singer’s attorney accused Egan’s attorney, Jeff Herman, of not contacting him before the lawsuits were filed.

“Had he reached out to us first, we would have been able to provide him with the exculpatory evidence we have proving that Bryan wasn’t even there,” he said. “Responsible lawyers typically send demand letters before filing lawsuits.”


Bryan Singer Issues Statement Denouncing Sex Abuse Allegations as 'Twisted Shake Down'

X-Men director Bryan Singer issued a statement today regarding allegations by Michael Egan that singer had drugged and raped him when he was 17 as part of a 'sex ring' preying on underage teens.

SingerSaid Singer in the statement, in which he said he was dropping out of the press tour for X-Men:

“The allegations against me are outrageous, vicious and completely false. I do not want these fictitious claims to divert ANY attention from ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past.’ This fantastic film is a labor of love and one of the greatest experiences of my career. So, out of respect to all of the extraordinary contributions from the incredibly talented actors and crew involved, I’ve decided not to participate in the upcoming media events for the film. However, I promise when this situation is over, the facts will show this to be the sick twisted shake down it is. I want to thank fans, friends and family for all their amazing and overwhelming support.”


Bryan Singer Accuser Files New Lawsuits, Accuses 3 Entertainment Execs of 'Sex Ring' Participation

4_egan

The lawyer representing Michael Egan, who last week accused X-Men Director Bryan Singer of drugging and raping him at 17, has filed three new lawsuits charging entertainment executives in participating in the same "Hollywood sex ring" targeting underage teens, according to The Hollywood Reporter:

5_eganJeff Herman, the lawyer representing the man accusing Bryan Singer of sexual abuse, announced Monday that he has filed three additional sex abuse lawsuits against prolific TV exec Garth Ancier, former Disney TV president David Neuman and Broadway producer Gary Goddard...

...Herman made the announcement Monday at a press conference at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills. The event was attended by plaintiff Michael Egan and his mother, who broke into tears during the conference.

"We've alleged that there's a Hollywood sex ring, one of several sex rings," said Herman.

The suits allege that the three men were part of the same Hollywood sex ring that allegedly involved Singer. Herman says Egan was sexually abused by all three men at a home in Encino, Calif., and in Hawaii, and that force was used. The suit against Goddard includes an allegation of abuse when Egan was 15.

Watch KTLA's report on the allegations, AFTER THE JUMP...

Singer's lawyer says he was not in Hawaii during the time Egan claimed he abused him.

Two of the newly-accused men have responded, according to THR:

UPDATED: The Hollywood Reporter reached out to all three new defendants and/or their representatives. Goddard’s attorney Alan Grodin said in an email, “Gary is in China right now and we will have a proper statement in due course but needless to say this is without merit.”

Neuman, in five tweets, said “Hey everyone: obviously I have to be talking to and through lawyers, but I just want everyone to know right now that the disgusting allegations made against me are COMPLETELY FALSE. Also very shocking in that they don’t just stretch the truth, they are whole-cloth lies with zero basis in reality or truth. Sickening, and very evil, for anyone to lie like that, let alone in a legal document. Stay tuned; I will set the record straight. And thank you to the many friends who have reached out to me with messages of faith and support. I deeply appreciate it.”

Ancier has yet to respond.

Continue reading "Bryan Singer Accuser Files New Lawsuits, Accuses 3 Entertainment Execs of 'Sex Ring' Participation" »


Bryan Singer Was Not In Hawaii During Sexual Assault Claim, Says Lawyer

A defense attorney for Bryan Singer said on Friday that credit card receipts, telephone records and production schedules show the ‘X-Men’ franchise director was not in Hawaii when a lawsuit claims he sexually abused a 17-year-old on the island.

The AP reports:

Bryan singerSinger was mainly in Toronto working on the first "X-Men" movie from August through October 1999, defense attorney Marty Singer told The Associated Press.

A lawsuit filed by a former child model, Michael Egan III, says Bryan Singer abused him several times over those three months as well as earlier in California as part of a Hollywood sex ring led by another man convicted of luring minors across state lines for sex.

"This was Bryan's first studio film," Marty Singer said. "Clearly, he's not going to take a break in the middle of this movie while you're shooting and prepping it to go to Hawaii."

Egan’s lawyer has yet to comment on the development. 


Bryan Singer Accuser Describes Being Used Like 'Piece of Meat' by 'Evil' Group: VIDEO

Egan

At a press conference with his lawyer Jeff Herman on Thursday, the man accusing Bryan Singer of drugging and raping him when he was 17-years-old told reporters that he had tried to repress the memory following the experience and also turned to drinking.

SingerMichael Egan said that he became sober two years ago and entered trauma therapy, which he has been undergoing for 11 months.

Egan tells the story of how he moved to L.A. to pursue acting, went to a private school in the Valley, and met the younger brother of Chad Shackley, one of the men who owned the house in Encino where the parties and assaults took place.

Egan described how he was pulled aside for "threat sessions".

Said Egan:

"At the end of the day if you don't keep the members of this group happy - we control Hollywood - we can eliminate you - we will eliminate you. At the house I had drugs put in drinks, I had liquor poured down my throat. There were rules in the house of no swimsuits, no clothes out by the pool area. I was raped numerous times in that house by numerous individuals. Various types of sexual abuse all throughout that house. You were like a piece of meat to these people and they passed you around between them. If I can define what that house was - it's evil."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Singer's attorney is fighting back:

“The claims made today about Bryan Singer are completely fabricated. We look forward to our bringing a claim for malicious prosecution against Mr. Egan and his attorney after we prevail. It is obvious that plaintiff’s attorney is not looking to litigate the case on its merits. This matter is nothing more than the attorney seeking to get his 15 minutes of fame by sending out a press release with his ‘media consultant’ yesterday and following up with a press conference today. Attorneys who try cases don’t hold press conferences.”

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Egan filed a suit over sexual abuse in 2000 but didn't name Singer:

The 2000 suit was filed by several individuals, including one identified as "Michael E, a minor, by and through his guardian ad litem, Bonnie Mound." The plaintiff in the suit filed Wednesday is Michael Egan. The birthday given for “Michael E” would make him 31 today, which is Egan's age.

"It's clear that these statements are fabricated," said Singer's attorney Martin Singer in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. "If Bryan had done anything wrong, he would have been included in the previous lawsuit."

Egan's lawyer's publicist told THR: "From what I understand, Michael had previously disclosed the allegations against Bryan Singer, and questions about the previous lawsuit involving the DEN people should be directed to the lawyer involved in that suit." ...

...The 2000 suit does not expressly reference the September 1999 party alleged in the more recent suit. Rather, the 2000 suit appears to encompass a period of time that is consistent with and including the 1999 party.

Both the recent lawsuit and the one from 2000 say that the Los Angeles parties were held at a mansion in Encino referred to as the M & C Estate, whose residents were Marc Collins-Rector and Chad Shackley, whose younger brother Scott Shackley was in Egan's high-school class.

Watch Egan's press conference, AFTER THE JUMP...

Meanwhile, Buzzfeed reports that "ABC will re-edit commercials for its new drama Black Box to remove any mention of Singer, the show’s executive producer."

Continue reading "Bryan Singer Accuser Describes Being Used Like 'Piece of Meat' by 'Evil' Group: VIDEO" »


Trending



Towleroad - Blogged