Sorry for the long delay on this. Here’s a short selection of some recommended tracks, mostly dance and electronic, with a couple chill options thrown in there.
1. “RING THE ALARM” (Freemasons Mix) — Beyoncé
The energetic follow-up to “Deja Vu” shows this artist has found her remixers.
2. “LOST” (Roger Sanchez 12″ and Tom de Neef Mixes) — Roger Sanchez
Sanchez offers up perhaps the most mature dance album of the year.
3. “ONLY ONE TOO” (Stonebridge Mix) — Jewel
Jewel has found some happiness as a cheesy dance artist. She’s not bad at it.
4. “COLOURS” (Fred Falke Mix) — Hot Chip
Falke grooves up this pretty bowl of chord flakes. Link is original – mix not on iTunes.
5. “JUMP” (Junior Sanchez Misshapes Mix) — Madonna
With Axwell’s, the grooviest mix of the bunch; this one more honors the original.
6. “YOUNG FOLKS” — Peter Bjorn and John
Used on Grey’s Anatomy, the whistle in this folk pop ditty is wickedly repeatable.
7. “I’LL BE BY YOUR SIDE” (Club Mix) — Sally Shapiro
Swedish pop princess manages to replicate Italo disco and Annie at the same time.
8. “NEW YORK, NEW YORK” (Tocadisco’s NYPD Mix) — Moby
Campy ode to the Big Apple featuring Debbie Harry gets a plumped up facelift.
9. “SIMPLER” (Phela Original Mix) — Pete Heller
Deceptively “simple” yet somehow warrants repeated listening. No vocals.
10. “UNFAITHFUL” (Tony Moran Club Mix) — Rihanna
Just a beautiful dance track about a sad situation.
11. “I CALL IT LOVE” (Moto Blanco Mix) — Lionel Richie
A holdover from the summer, being an 80’s boy, just can’t resist Lionel.
12. “THIS FEELING” (Original Mix) — The Lovemakers
Italian-produced soulful, funky house. A winner.
All previously recommended “In Heavy Rotation” tracks can be found here.