It’s hard to think that evangelist Scott Lively could get any nuttier in his conspiratorial approach to combating LGBT progress, but he managed to do just that in an interview yesterday on a right-wing radio show.
Right Wing Watch reports that Lively, who is astonished at how rapidly LGBT rights supporters are succeeding in “homosexualizing the whole world,” is now calling for a Christian revolution against the Satanic spread of equality.
Here are a few of the points that Lively makes in his bizarre, rambling speech:
- Gay rights victories are “proof of the conspiracy” that LGBT activists are imposing a global socialist agenda on all of us.
- At the federal level, there isn’t really much difference between the Republican and Democratic Parties when it comes to addressing gay rights.
- Gay rights is the moral issue of the End Times.
- Because this is a time of spiritual warfare, anti-gay Christians need to be ready to “give up [their] lives if necessary”
- Christians shouldn’t listen to the “weenies” out there who tell them they need to “secularize” their arguments when debating public policy. This is a “lie of the pit of Hell”
- Countries like India, Russia, and Uganda are “standing up for the truth” against “the powers of the earth” by reinforcing anti-gay laws.
- Gays and their allies are “the worst bullies in the world”
- Nothing short of a revolution is going to stop the homosexuals from winning.
Listen, AFTER THE JUMP…