Just in time for Shark Week comes the strange story of Pete Wentz's shark selfie. The image above, a photoshopped image of Wentz 'taking a selfie' while being pursued by a Great White, reportedly comes from a year's old Tumblr post that was then turned into a bogus news story about a man, "James Crowlett," a 34-year-old insurance salesman from Oregon, who died attempting to take the selfie to end all selfies. Wentz even got into the silly spirit of things by tweeting out the news story with the caption, "Rest in Pete." Sadly, many were fooled by this digital sleight of hand and believed the "shark attack selfie" was, in fact, real. So in case anyone is wondering, Pete Wentz is alive. The rule of three does not apply here.
- Russia Blocks Facebook, Accusing it of Restricting Access to Russian Media;
- Duran Duran Has New Music And You Are About To Enjoy it. It’s 2021. Seriously.
- ‘Mayor Pete’ Trailer; Papa Pete Pwns Tucker; 4-Stars for Dr. Rachel Levine; JoJo Siwa’s Perfect 10s; Lynda Carter’s 8 Wonder-full Words: GOOD NEWS
- Published by BANG Showbiz English Wanda Sykes is still “traumatised” by Will Smith’s Oscars slap. The 58-year-old comedian has revealed she is struggling to process the actor’s decision to slap Chris Rock at the Academy Awards …Read More »
- Published by Reuters By Daphne Psaledakis and Trevor Hunnicutt WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Joe Biden said on Sunday that police officers must deliver both effective crime deterrence and equal justice in a message that balanced …Read More »
- Published by Reuters By Tim Reid and Kanishka Singh (Reuters) – An 18-year-old white man suspected of fatally shooting 10 people in a Black neighborhood in Buffalo, New York, appears to be the latest in a …Read More »
- Published by Reuters By Jenna Zucker and Gabriella Borter BUFFALO, N.Y. (Reuters) -A white teenager who killed 10 people in a racist attack at a western New York grocery store in a Black neighborhood had been …Read More »