Gay Quotes | Print Media

« | Main | »

10/25/2004

The Gay Media: Cock-Out Colin Farrell Confesses

ColinfarrellColin Farrell explains to Chris Heath in the November issue of GQ why kissing men just isn't his cup of tea:

"I was very uncomfortable doing it [in A Home at the End of the World]. As much as I love Dallas [Roberts] — and I got on great with him—I didn't enjoy it. As I said, I don't enjoy going to the fucking gym, and I'd prefer to lift weights for twenty minutes than kiss a guy for two seconds. That two seconds is longer by a long shot...

It taught me what I knew already: I don't like kissing boys. When you feel his stubble against your lip, it's repulsive to me, as repulsive to me as for a lot of gay men the idea of putting their tongue near a pussy is—something that, for me, is akin to heaven sometimes. So I just freaked out."

Sexually ambiguous roles don't bother the actor, however much they might bug his reps, Farrell continues: "...If I picked another character that even seemed like he was potentially partial to having a cock in his hand that didn't belong to him, my agent would have a heart attack. But apart from making light jibes like that, I wouldn't have given a fuck."

Farrell also admits to being quite the flasher on the set of the upcoming Oliver Stone film Alexander, earning him the nickname of Cock-Out Colin.

DetailsMeanwhile, from the gosh that would never have occurred to me department, Details finally jumps the shark this month with their "Gay or.....?" series as they draw the earth-shattering and uncanny similarities between gays and hairstylists. Gay or hairstylist? Now that they mention it I have noticed something rather fey about Marcellus down at the salon!

Condé Nast better ready the barricades. I'm sure the straight hairdressers will be picketing in droves.

Comments

1. The straight hairdressers will picket? You think? Both of them?? :)

Posted by: Jess | Oct 25, 2004 8:06:32 AM

2. I guess the lesson is clear from Colin: if you want to kiss him, shave VERY CLOSELY.

Posted by: cafegogo | Oct 25, 2004 1:29:32 PM

3. Wow. Sounds like Colin and damage control to me. Straight men don't like kissing other guys. The funny part to me is the amount of damage control they think they have to do. It always makes me chuckle. Just think if I had to put out a press release saying I didn't enjoy kissing a woman in a film I did. Pretty funny.

Posted by: Stevie | Oct 25, 2004 3:10:08 PM

4. It always seems like it's the agents, managers, lawyers etc... of the "straight" actors who have the problem with gay or gay-appearing roles, it's never the actor themselves. Interesting.

Posted by: HoyaBoy | Oct 25, 2004 4:12:32 PM

5. Heh, Colin says he doesnt like to kiss men, but yet he accepted the role. He would probally say it was too good of a script to turn down, but in reality its always the money. Doing it for cash makes him a whore doesnt it? lol Colin - "I don't like kissing men but pay me some money and I will"

Posted by: Yoyo | Dec 12, 2004 11:48:15 AM

6. I have read in many magazines that Oliver Stone had cut an scene where Colin Farrell and Jared Leto are kissing deeply... If they would not want to do it, they didn't do it. If they had a deep gay kiss, is because they had fun doing it.

Posted by: hefestion | Jan 23, 2005 8:39:42 AM

7. Male intimacy in modern films is breaking barriers. Women have been hugging and kissing in films for years. Its time people learned that men have compassionate loving feelings.A hug and a kiss? Whats the big deal? We should applaud any non violent portrayal of masculine behavior. Men need to feel free to show love and affection. Without the fear of being judged as gay or effeminate. Otherwise our pent up frusteration will come out and we exert ourselves , in an overly aggresive manner.

Posted by: Dan | Feb 1, 2005 1:05:58 AM

8. I like the 'pussy heaven' remark. Just in case we didn't get it that he really doesn't like kissing other boys.

Posted by: rudysdad | Jun 20, 2005 3:28:20 AM

9. Hes not gay, he hates kissing men, get over it, he is secure enough with his sexuality to take on the role of gay men so get off his back, you should be happy that you get to see such a hot actor play a gay part. I can't believe your all on his gay saying, oh I bet he liked the kiss, just cause you wish he did, not everyone is homosexual!!!

Posted by: Kelli | Jul 29, 2005 9:58:39 AM

10. I agree, he doesn't have to like kissing men to play a gay role, the guy is as straight as hell, but he is gay-minded enough to take on gay roles, he just sais it's not his cup of tea. He already has problems with his management because he played to many gay roles. Besides, I remember Nicole kidman having a sex-scene with an older guy, I don't think she enjoyed it that much as well, nor do I think actors enjoy to play rape-scenes, but they do play them, it's their job.

Posted by: Terra | Jul 31, 2005 7:42:12 AM

11. to kelli,

were not saying that he enjoyed it. were making fun of that fact that he has to DENY LIKING IT or making PUSSSY IS HEAVEN statments. were making fun of his insercurities.
    as as for you KELLI, its mostly homophobic people like you always try to protect actors from being called gay. "no he's not gay. not everyone is gay" haha ur dumb. Youre probably gay Kelli and in denial.

HOMO POWER!

Posted by: joef | Aug 14, 2005 5:46:09 AM

12. Methinks the lady does protest too much.

Posted by: TheCygnet | Oct 18, 2005 8:50:59 AM

13. oh my gosh the men in the pictures are handsome i wanna take their penises and kiss´em i love them.

Posted by: jorge | Oct 10, 2006 1:04:36 PM

14. I can totally understand. Hell, I'd eat pussy if they paid me what they pay him to be in a film..jeeez. And I'm a gay guy.

And hey, next time shave real closely and be a really tight bodied cute hairless young guy. Colin just might rape you then. LOL!

Posted by: mediapusher | Jan 7, 2008 1:22:16 AM

15. he is gay and it is fine. i love he so much

Posted by: wentworth | Feb 26, 2009 4:14:53 PM

16. Author, freelance writer, blogger, Bradley LaShawn Fowler filed a civil complaint against three leading bible publishers for promoting the ideal that homosexuals are perverts and would not inherit the kingdom of God! Afterwards, he loss his job, friends and much more. Additionally, his name and past lifestyle was slandered across the Internet in an effort to discredit his approach for standing up against the injustice demonstrated by these publishers, who have made billions selling their mixed messages of hate around the world.

And since filing his civil suit, LaShawn authored a book titled Love Is God's Ultimate Message, detailing the life of a college professor who sues the bible committee for slandering homosexuals. Funny thing though, recently, LaShawn contacted the American Bible Society after discovering they had actually revised their 1982 King James Bible version bible, scripture: I Corinthians 6:9 to read as followed: Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inheir the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaterers, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.

However today that same scripture reads like this: Surely you know that the wicked will not possess God's Kingdom. Do not fool yourselves; people who are immoral or who worship idols or are adulterers or homosexual perverts.

Meanwhile, LaShawn feverishly fights to promote his blog and sell his riveting novel that provides an exclusive inside look at the deception that has devoured the faith of countless innocent people around the globe. Question is, why hasn't he gained the support of the LGBT community?

Moreover, do you think it's fair that his past actions should dictate his present, and prevent him from marketing this much needed resource, especially at a time when society needs to know the truth; at least as much truth as we are going to gain? Therefore, will you take a stand and support this cause and help promote the truth and LaShawn Fowler, by viewing his blog and ordering his new book: Love Is God's Ultimate Message?

Learn details at: http://positivelightbooks.blogspot.com

Also view, http://positivelight4lgbtliving.blogspot.com

Positive Light for Positive Living

Posted by: LaShawn | Dec 6, 2010 12:49:32 AM

17. SO, Colin Farrell's "THROWING AROUND" THE VERNACULAR FOR VAGINA AND INCIDENTAL "F-BOMBS" IS SUPPOSED TO CEMENT HIS HETEROSEXUALITY? I THINK, "Tigerland" AND "Alexander," PROVE THE OPPOSITE.
    CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON

Posted by: CHRISTOPHER ALLEN HORTON | Jun 10, 2012 2:57:22 PM

18. Lol You Guys! Colin Is Handsome,and I Bet He's Sexually Fluid,Being A Celebrity Prolly Makes Him Not Wanna Try A Fellow Guy,And His Young Brother Is Gay So He Has To Turn Out Straight!I Personally Think He Had A Gay Phase Way Back!

Posted by: Jamilo | Dec 12, 2013 7:25:57 PM