Current Affairs

Notes from Our Leader

Bush_perch

Bush to German newspaper Bild after being asked about the high point of his Presidency since taking office in 2001:

"You know, I've experienced many great moments and it's hard to name the best. I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound perch in my lake."

Considering I can't think of any great moments either, it's hard to disagree with the man.

And the worst moment? 9/11.

Pres: "In such a situation it takes a while before one understands what is happening. I would say that this was the hardest moment, once I had the real picture before my eyes."

Bush_pet_goat

Bush's Best Moment in Office? Reeling in Big Perch [washington post]

Comments

1. you mean it wasn't clearing bush from his property? 9/11 -- the terrible truth to all sore points.

Posted by: ricardo | May 8, 2006 10:51:26 AM

2. I find it more amusing that he owns a lake. Why, he's a good old boy just like me and my lake. I believe a brilliant Nascar driver once remarked that "Kerry lives in a mansion in Massachusetts and George Bush lives on a farm in Texas."

Posted by: burnssuit | May 8, 2006 11:00:26 AM

3. Catch a Perch? Oh my gawd. I can't stop laughing...

~

Posted by: Gilli | May 8, 2006 11:06:00 AM

4. And better yet, Leslie Stahl interviewed the fish and game warden prior to his "fishing trip". They purposly stocked the lake with oversized, hungry fish so that the Idiot in Chief could have a photo op holding up a prized catch.

Posted by: Rad | May 8, 2006 11:20:07 AM

5. Once again, it is so damn EMBARRASSING having him around.

Posted by: Jacko | May 8, 2006 11:26:46 AM

6. The photo with the fish looks fake.

Posted by: Liam | May 8, 2006 11:56:04 AM

7. actualy the body of water on his property would be considered a pond...NOT a lake

his pond is stocked......basicaly game and wildlife people come in and dump buckets of farm raised fish into it.....sit by the spot they pour the buckets and you to can catch a big one in seconds....

kind of like cheney's caged quail hunts

Posted by: jimmyboyo | May 8, 2006 12:27:29 PM

8. THe largest Perch caught on record is 3.5 pounds. He's lying his ass off. About a fish. I guess after lying about a war, it's all pretty easy.

Posted by: Spence | May 8, 2006 12:57:17 PM

9. damn if i don't know how he pulled the fish through the glory hole he made in the bottom of the boat. it must have been a long swim to shore.

Posted by: ricardo | May 8, 2006 1:11:22 PM

10. Bush lie? You must be joking. Well - our best moment of the Bush presidency will be the moment he leaves the White House for the last time.

Posted by: Dave | May 8, 2006 1:14:01 PM

11. Yup, he's a liar:

Posted by: Jeff | May 8, 2006 1:15:55 PM

12. Of course the picture is fake. Second one today. Heaven forbid that stand in the way of someone trying to push his agenda, though.

Posted by: Scott | May 8, 2006 1:25:27 PM

13. The Washington Post must be pushing the same agenda.

Posted by: al | May 8, 2006 1:30:03 PM

14. Of course, he was looking for the button to push to make it sing...

Posted by: Rad | May 8, 2006 1:37:44 PM

15. Keep in mind the capture of this fish makes America safer. After all it was a dreaded Islamic terrorfish!

Posted by: Purple Jesus | May 8, 2006 2:28:54 PM

16. What are the chances that Chimpy can't tell the difference between pounds and ounces?

Posted by: John C | May 8, 2006 2:55:59 PM

17. More fake but accurate photoshop? This place is gettng as bad as the Huffington Post.

Posted by: Tom | May 8, 2006 3:03:24 PM

18. And... I think a perch is an ocean fish only. Trout and bass are found in lakes. (Or in the case of Texas lakes, perhaps also stinky catfish.)

Posted by: Karen | May 8, 2006 4:03:34 PM

19. Hey don't hate on the catfish karen

Posted by: Lisa | May 8, 2006 6:25:48 PM

20. er... largest fresh water perch on record is 4.3 lbs.

he obviously guessed at the weight... and was wrong.

no Karen... you go right again... catfish are gross bottom-feeders.

eh, eh... he said bottom-feeders.

Posted by: Dustin | May 8, 2006 6:35:13 PM

21. There are lake perch as well...dunno what the difference is between them and ocean perch, just that the restaurants back home that were "known" for perch made an thing out of it being lake, not ocean.

Of course, three pounds off, who knows what he caught.

Posted by: Scott | May 8, 2006 6:55:08 PM

22. Yes, there are perch in lakes and PONDS which is what Bush has on his FARM. But that is no perch. It's a small mouth BASS. Not to be confused with the ASS holding it.

Posted by: GaYToR | May 8, 2006 7:10:51 PM

23. bush is a puppet on a string.

Posted by: Hemaworstje | May 8, 2006 9:01:17 PM

24. Monkey going fishing and reading about goats. Now that's evolution.

Posted by: Chad Hanging | May 8, 2006 10:49:48 PM

25. By the looks at it, that fish is one of those rubber animated ones that plays the "Macarena" when you press a button...

Posted by: Pitbull | May 8, 2006 11:36:50 PM