Brandon Routh | Film | Superheroes | Wax

Brandon Routh: Man of Steel vs Man of Wax

Superman Returns' Brandon Routh sized up a wax figure of himself at Madame Tussaud's in New York yesterday, and made sure to check it up and down...

Superman_wax__1
"No worries in that department."

Superman_wax
"I'm a leeetle concerned about those eyebrows though. Are you sure this isn't Christopher Reeve?"

Superman_wax_3
"I am so not letting this wax dude steal my thunder."

You may have missed
Brandon Routh: "I'm Not Gay" [tr]
Superman: Can Beefcake Kill a Blockbuster? [tr]
Superman: Just One Elbow Flex from Jazz Hands [tr]
Superman Returns and Brandon Routh Flies [tr]
The Man of Steel Returns [tr]

Comments

1. wow....a wax figure before the movie even opens? Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch.

Posted by: Patrick | Jun 28, 2006 9:07:01 AM

2. I dunno about Brandon. Check that left wrist in the first picture.

Posted by: Dick | Jun 28, 2006 9:32:45 AM

3. Watch that wrist, Brandon! Superman does not have flaccid, flimsy articulations.

Posted by: GM | Jun 28, 2006 9:34:34 AM

4. what a limp wrist in that 1st pic

the question isn't is superman is .....its is superman a queen

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jun 28, 2006 10:34:24 AM

5. which is the wax one?! :-P

Posted by: gordon | Jun 28, 2006 11:23:39 AM

6. Sad when the wax statue has more personality than the actor!

Posted by: eddie | Jun 28, 2006 11:54:52 AM

7. Yawn, I find him completely boring. Long live Spiderman!

Posted by: busytimmy | Jun 28, 2006 1:38:24 PM

8. I'd have to agree with Eddie. Brandon has zero personality. As an actor, you would hope that he could atleast charm an audience.

While I'm sure his film will be a SUPER hit, my guess is that this actor is a one-hit-wonder. Hope he kept the tights clean.

Posted by: Sean H. | Jun 28, 2006 2:43:17 PM

9. It is sad, I've caught him on Letterman and a few other interviews, he is as bland as Wonder bread. He does have a nice package, which according to this post has been trimmed for the straight audience.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jun 28, 2006 5:09:01 PM

10. With Brandon Routh as the new Superhunk no one brings up his tv/filmography. Like his boytoy to Hal Linden's sugar daddy on Will & Grace and his rapist role on One Life To Live.
    He is an actor and most actors will play the part they are given.
    Why all the hush hush? His publicist is great at defelction.

Posted by: Robert Alan | Jun 29, 2006 12:10:19 AM

11. whatever. hot! and i thought he played a pretty believable role in the film.

Posted by: Felix | Jun 29, 2006 2:17:08 AM

12. I have to say I agree felix. As I posted earlier I had little hope for the film based on Routh's interviews, but he and Singer did a great job. It's fun fantasy for a summer escape.

The only downside was Kevin Spacey, I kept on being pulled out of the story by both his being miscast and the fact that he's an asshole closet case. Very much like seeing Katie Holms in Batman last year, they both take you out of the film, due to their sorry ass personal lives.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jun 29, 2006 10:40:51 PM

13. All this "controversy" over Superman being gay distracts from the really big question:

Is Parker Posey really a drag queen?

Posted by: Bernie | Jun 30, 2006 6:29:21 PM

14. Superman Returns is one of the worst movies released this year - and that is saying something! Brandon is just boring!

Posted by: monkeyboi | Jul 2, 2006 6:58:08 PM

15. people out there...can't you do something useful instead of spreading useless rumors about brandon...why can't you accept the fact that he is not a gay...maybe you're only enveyed him alot because he done well in superman and hes really a good looking guy..

Posted by: georgie | Aug 1, 2006 11:43:29 AM