Brokeback Mountain | Film | Jake Gyllenhaal | Justin Timberlake

SPOILER: Jake Gyllenhaal, Justin Timberlake, MTV Awards

Justin_jake_1_1

Those of you who care to be spoiled, the rest of this post is after the jump.

Justin_jake_2

Heath Ledger was nowhere to be seen as Alpha Dog Justin Timberlake presented Jake Gyllenhaal with his 'you da man' moves and a bucket of golden popcorn as Jake and Heath Ledger took the award for "Best Kiss" for their Brokeback Mountain canoodling. The LA Times called it a show of tolerance from today's teens.

Jake_1

Said Jake: "This is a real honour, not just for me and Heath but for all of you, that you picked this movie and this kiss over all the other ones."

To our great disappoint, he neglected to demonstrate his kiss on Justin.

Justin_jake_3 Justin_jake_4

Perhaps Jake wasn't interested in any more violent man-on-man making out.

Justin_jake_5

They did however, talk together backstage and touch in the way real men do.

Justin_jake_6

Trent at Pink is the New Blog was on the red carpet and didn't get close to Jake but did grab some hot snapshots and some face time with MTV hottie Landon Lueck.

The kiss:

Previously
Broekback Exclusive: Heath and Jake Swap Spit [tr]

(source: ohnotheydidn't)

Comments

1. It ought to be illegal for somebody to be as totally hot as Jakey!!! Vince Vaughan wasn't there to accept with OWen Wilson even tho both won their award, but no one comments on that. I think the reason Heath wasn't there is bcz he is getting ready to leave for Montreal to start the Bob Dylan bio-pic which is supposed to start shooting this month. Since he and Michelle will both be working on it, I imagine there's a lot to do with moving house and baby. Even if that isn't the case, I think Jake's acceptance speech says it all. If Both guys had been there, the MTV crowd would have expected a re-enactment so they could whoop and howl and act like little animals. Instead, they got a serious, dignified, thoughtful earful from Jakey. Both Heath and Jakey have consistently conducted themselves with dignity as it relates to their roles in BBM. They weren't going to demean or redicule the work by participating in parodying it.

Posted by: bobbyanna | Jun 5, 2006 11:07:07 AM

2. Jake is one hell of a guy. Great actor, and becoming a great man. Bravo to him and to Heath. And Jake won Best Performance too. Bravo MTV generation!

Posted by: eddie | Jun 5, 2006 11:13:41 AM

3. What BOBBYANNA said.

Posted by: squallcloud | Jun 5, 2006 1:57:36 PM

4. hmm i saw Jake's acceptance speech over at BBC and I believe he said something very positive but not what's stated above. Maybe I should go back and listen to it again.

I think it said something along the line of "this award is for everyone that is struggling with love, which means (everyone) me and you..er bla bla bla..."

Go check it out but thanks for posting. Jake's turning out to be a really good spirit. Salut.

Posted by: Dos | Jun 5, 2006 3:01:34 PM

5. Bravo to Jake and Heath. Even to customarily dumbass MTV, for honoring the kiss.

Posted by: Jacko | Jun 5, 2006 3:03:39 PM

6. Christ, when I saw BBMountain I really
    thought Ledger was the hottie... he's much more my type of guy... I then saw BBM a second time and Jake started growing on me... and growing and growing... he's one good-lookin' guy... and THAT SPARK... this guy OBVIOUSLY LOVES life... it's incredible!
    He is one positively radiant personality. If I were straight I think I'd probably wind up avoiding him because I'd be afraid I'd go gay... he's very magnetic... charming... fun... and SEXY... damn!

dancobmd@mindspring.com

Posted by: Dan Cobb | Jun 5, 2006 3:06:59 PM

7. http://news.bbc.co.uk/nolavconsole/
    ifs_news/hi/nb_rm_fs.stm?checkedBandwidth
    =nb&nbram=1&subtitles=hide&checkedMedia=
    ram&news=1&bbwm=1&nbwm=1&bbram=
    1&nol_storyid=5046304

finally heard it again:
    "thank you, not just from me, but from all those people struggling with love, which is all of us..as we continue to..thanks"

Posted by: Dos | Jun 5, 2006 3:11:01 PM

8. I notice that in one of the pics w TimberTwink, Jake is giving him "that look" I thought was only reserved for Austin.

Posted by: Hadassah Weinreb | Jun 5, 2006 4:10:59 PM

9. I think it was TMZ but you can clearly see Justin slap Jake's ass, it's really cute and funny.

Posted by: Lorenzo | Jun 5, 2006 4:36:35 PM

10. I think it was TMZ but you can clearly see Justin slap Jake's ass, it's really cute and funny.

Posted by: Lorenzo | Jun 5, 2006 4:41:52 PM

11. I agree with Hadassah. Austin might be jealous when he sees these pics! But I'd love to see Jake break up Justin & Cameron. Maybe Austin could date her?

Posted by: Piper | Jun 5, 2006 6:33:58 PM

12. I enjoyed these pictures much more than the usual pictures of J Gyllenhaal buying coffee or clothes. Great pictures. Thank you.

Posted by: georgi wright | Jun 6, 2006 11:38:36 AM

13. Is it true that MTV even informs the nominees in advance whether they win or not? If yes, there would be no fun at all to watch the show!

Posted by: Tim | Jun 6, 2006 8:34:09 PM

14. OK Jake has done it. Good for him. He stands out. You like him. And he reminds you of your self.

Posted by: Alan | Jun 10, 2006 10:14:46 AM

15. Justine is Gay and i think when he saw jake, all he could think of is that i wish if i play the role of heath Ledger!

Posted by: Ben | Jun 11, 2008 7:52:20 AM