Jake Gyllenhaal

BigGayDeal.com

Jake Gyllenhaal at the Beach

Jakebeach1_1

Remember, summer's not over officially until the third week of September. But it seems Jake Gyllenhaal has a new look for the season, clean-shaven and all. The striped towel is a nice touch too.

Jakebeach2

Two more shots after the jump...

Jakebeach3

Jakebeach4

You may have missed...
Jake Gyllenhaal: The Sharp-Dressed Man [tr]
Jake Gyllenhaal Gets Literary [tr]

(source)

Comments

1. Unfortunately, HZH is probably right. In 2006 most Americans are fat so his body seems ideal. Yes, I've seen 45 yr old bodies LOL and I know that's what they look like if they take a little care of there body.

Sure my comments are shallow and catty. And some people don't like that, I understand. But it's my perspective and nobody is saying what I feel. I stand by my comment though.

Posted by: Jack | Sep 7, 2006 4:58:17 PM

2. Physical attrativeness alone cannot make Jake famous. So,if he doesn't have anymore hits after BBM, people would forget him and focus on other rising movie stars. That's what he needs to worry about!!

Posted by: john | Sep 7, 2006 5:59:12 PM

3. I would SOOOOOOOOOO hit that delicious hunk of man. Gay or straight, who cares! And as for standards of beauty, yeah, let's see Jack's picture and see if he even remotely measures up to Jake. I cannot believe how catty some of you are. In my mind, Jake is perfect-- but what's best about him is not only that he's handsome and fucking sexy as hell, but that he's close to his family and friends, loves his dogs, seems to be a good person, and is active with honorable causes. Oh yeah, and he makes a fucking sexy gay cowboy too.
    Ease up, everyone. Let's just enjoy piccies of sexy shirtless Jake. I know it made *my* day better.

Posted by: devilgirl | Sep 7, 2006 6:37:49 PM

4. THANKS!!!!! These are prolly the best pix I have ever seen of Jake. Handsome and what a bod - not too skinny or too fat - just meaty!! Yum.

And don't worry about Jake and his films, he was a great actor before BBM and will most likely be for a long time.

Viva La Jake !!!

Posted by: Mike | Sep 7, 2006 6:47:58 PM

5. Jack, yes you are allowed your opinion, but to call Jake retarded is rather harsh and immature, imo. And yes there is a weight problem in America. However, considering most pictures of Jake are of him exercising, biking, basketball, etc, etc. Just because he is not rail thin (like some male models) does not mean he isn't in great shape. In some recent pics he even looks very thin so I think he looks fantastic with a little meat on him.

John, I would hope that Jake would not just rely on his looks. He is an extremely talented actor and if he continues to pick good scripts I think he will have a great future and be appreciated for his acting abilities as well as his looks.

Posted by: Anon | Sep 7, 2006 6:54:15 PM

6. I didn't say he was retarded, I said he looked retarded.

Posted by: Jack | Sep 7, 2006 7:18:05 PM

7. Jake looks hot. I appreciate the shirtless comments. I'm stunned by the stupid comments posted here, as usual. People need to get lives.

Posted by: Eric | Sep 7, 2006 7:19:53 PM

8. I appreciate the shirtless PHOTOS, i mean. I apparently need to get into proofreading.

Posted by: Eric | Sep 7, 2006 7:20:59 PM

9. Jake is good looking, but I'd say certainly is not the best looking man around. What he has instead is talent, intelligence, a good heart, not to mention the most sensitive expressive eyes. He looks like an all-round good guy, someone you'd like to have as a friend. Even if he doesn't make another movie, he has done enough to be remembered in years to come (Donnie Darko is still my favorite). It is good that he is physically attractive, but that isn't why I and many others are fans of his.

(I won't mention that he is also kind to animal and good to his mother or I'll have to ask him to marry me.)

Posted by: HZH | Sep 7, 2006 7:51:30 PM

10. What belly? Go look at Heath for that. Jake looks great.

Posted by: Lady Heather | Sep 7, 2006 11:31:01 PM

11. Sexy and manly. I love that Jake has different looks, and honestly I can't say this one is better -- far as I'm concerned it's as sexy as his thinner images. And the smile could melt steel. Gotta also appreciate that he goes out and does his thing no matter who's watching; he shoots hoops, rides, walks, shops, and whatever else... all while dressing for comfort or appropriate for an occasion. He isn't nearly as self-conscious as most others who are perpetually in the public eye. And that makes him all the more sexy.

Posted by: sparks | Sep 7, 2006 11:35:25 PM

12. Whatever, I think we need to pay a little more attention to the mysterious woman in the photo with him. Seriously, why all the focus on Jake? It's as if you guys like him or something...well except those calling him retarded and ugly...personally though, I think he looks nice. He really does have different looks; good stuff.

Posted by: Scott A | Sep 8, 2006 12:18:00 PM

13. "whiat's with the belly??"

Have a meal, you body fascist.

Posted by: Bill W | Sep 8, 2006 12:23:24 PM

14. Jack: "I didn't say he was retarded, I said he looked retarded".

Is that anything like looking gay? Please bless us with your description of what retarded looks like?

And the reason no one expresses "your feelings" on here is because you're the only one with them. Now who's retarded?

Posted by: Wayne | Sep 8, 2006 1:01:11 PM

15. Jake and his family live in a VERY exclusive section of Los Angeles (and he and his sister went to very exclusive private schools) (I forget the name of the neighborhood), with Paul Newman and his wife, Joanne Woodward, living next door, when it came time for Jake to learn how to drive, it was Paul who taught him.
    I forget who his godfather is, it may be in the Wikipedia article about the family (they're of Swedish extraction and were granted a Royal coat of arms a few generations ago (on view at the family's web site). They appear to be a VERY nice family and very laid back and unpretentious (tho Jake does drive a large new Mercedes sedan).

Posted by: erikzed | Sep 10, 2006 1:07:25 AM

16. The woman in the photo with him is Naomi Foner, his mother. She's a screenwriter.

From what I've gleaned about Jake, his godmother is Jamie Lee Curtis and his godfathers are a gay couple that have been friends of his parents for years. And yes, Paul Newman taught him how to drive.

That whole family should be proud of each other. All accomplished and attractive, and yet still down to earth and good to each other. Those kids were brought up right.

Posted by: devilgirl | Sep 10, 2006 1:26:50 PM

17. Jake is totally incredible! He is BEST MAN EVER- in caps. He would probably disagree, but that is exactly what makes him the BEST EVER. I wish I looked like that when I was 26! So active, such diligence, super personality, and on, and on. Yes, even if he had twice or three times as much "belly" I would still appreciate him. Heck, even if he was his antithesis (ugly) I'd welcome him, I reckon. {still swooning}

Posted by: Rickster | Sep 10, 2006 11:56:11 PM

18. Jake is an all round good guy - warm, funny, smart, unpretentious, good-humoured and open-minded. Some of you guys are very unforgiving when it comes to bodies! Its as well women don't set such high standards otherwise most of the male breeders would never get a date!!

Posted by: cypher | Sep 11, 2006 8:36:21 AM

19. Yes, Jake's family seems very nice, from all reports. I'm friends with his aunt, a really warm and wonderful person (and artist) who adores Jake and Maggie. Their family is close and obviously deeply involved in the arts (dad is a filmmaker, mom a screenwriter, etc.) Correct about Jamie Lee Curtis and the gay godfather business.

Posted by: John | Sep 21, 2006 8:46:49 AM

20. Sorry, Jake. Too old. Next.

Posted by: ranker | Sep 29, 2006 3:19:13 PM

21. C'on guys! If you dont have a crush on him, its OK, and I´m sure he wont give a damn! Guess the only thing we should care bout is respect...If you dont like him, let those who like appreciate it eheh

Posted by: ALE | Sep 29, 2006 10:22:10 PM