I'm Not Gay | John Travolta | Toronto

Atty: Travolta Manny Kiss a "Customary, Non-Romantic Gesture"

Travoltatarmac_2John Travolta has sent his lawyer out to respond to speculation surrounding this photo of the actor kissing a man whom the lawyer reports is his male nanny manny.

"Martin insists that the smooch was harmless, and that Travolta's wife, Kelly Preston was also on board the plane which ferried him and the nanny home from Ontario, Canada. He said that his client's kissing another man was just a manner of customary greeting, and that Travolta kisses all those men and women whom he considers his close friends. 'As a manner of customary greeting and saying farewell, Mr Travolta kisses both women and men whom he considers to be extremely close friends. People who are close to Mr Travolta are aware of his customary, non-romantic gesture.'"

This raises a few questions...

> Is it really proper in this day and age of sexual harassment lawsuits to kiss the help?

> If Kelly Preston were a beard, would she really give a hoot that John was having a 'Gone with the Wind' moment on the tarmac?

> Does everybody have a manny these days?

Travolta's Tasty Take-Off Kiss [tr]

Comments

1. I so don't care if Travolta's gay or not. But it certainly is weird to kiss the help on the lips.

Posted by: Brian | Sep 18, 2006 10:46:30 AM

2. A little late on the excuse.

A timely response would have been more believable.

travolta should get a new lawyer

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Sep 18, 2006 10:47:26 AM

3. Brain LOL

I am sure you didn't mean to sound so waaspish...but....Your statement sounded like someone sitting at a southern country club sipping a mint julip

"Can you believe he kisses the help?! For shame!"

:-)

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Sep 18, 2006 10:50:02 AM

4. Wellll, I have a friend who's boyfriend's sponsor used to do his hair, and he says....

Posted by: Crixi Van Cheek | Sep 18, 2006 11:08:50 AM

5. Arms reaching out, lips freshly moistened, hair perfectly coiffed with just enough mist in the background to evoke Autumn in Paris. Oh, to be in love...

Posted by: Cory | Sep 18, 2006 11:24:17 AM

6. Of COURSE straight guys kiss each other on the lips all the time. I've seen it... um, never.

Posted by: me | Sep 18, 2006 11:38:54 AM

7. Honestly,I wish that John Travolta was straight so I hope the rep is telling the truth.I'm sick and tired of seeing ugly,sissy gay celebrities come out:Nathan Lane,Lance Bass,Ian Mckellen,Rupert Everett....it's like double YUK!!!
    honestly,when will it happen when a hot,straight acting man comes out.Enough with the uglies.So forgive me for not wanting a ugly ass,pot bellied dwarf to be gay.

Posted by: Nellie | Sep 18, 2006 11:39:01 AM

8. Nellie

"Butch"

Is a much better and apprpopriate term.

"straight acting" Unless you are dating girls and impregnating a womb, you are not straight acting. "straight acting" is the biggest load of crap self hating queens use

"BUTCH" is a better descriptive term

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Sep 18, 2006 12:06:45 PM

9. Hehehehehe... I wasn't thinking of the phrase "the help" in that way when I posted it, but Jimmy's interpretation is far funnier.

It's so difficult to get good help these days.

Posted by: Brian | Sep 18, 2006 12:08:11 PM

10. just to play advocate: is it so hard to imagine Travolta having an elevated understanding of his machismo? A kiss is hardly a threat to ones manhood...

Posted by: midnight lounge | Sep 18, 2006 12:10:43 PM

11. I get kissed on the lips by two straight male friends all the time. Their wives kiss me right after they do. Lighten up! Men who are secure CAN kiss without it implying lust. And what the hell difference does it make what a person looks like. Believe me, if a famous hunk comes out, there's a low probability of any of us getting a piece of his action.

Posted by: JT | Sep 18, 2006 12:19:52 PM

12. Hey Midnight Lounge...wake up and smell the Scientology Latte, buddy. "Travolta having an elevated understanding of his machismo?" That picture paints a really obvious picture...he's gaaaaaaaaaay! And he's closeted ..and he's in Scientology..just like his buddy Tom Cruise. Just like dozens of other pathetic closeted actors..from Cary Grant and Rock Hudson to Keanu Reeves and Matthew McConaughey. Hey, it's 2006, NOT 1954.

Posted by: Ray | Sep 18, 2006 12:19:57 PM

13. Brian

:-)

sorry for the typos in that post

LOL I called you Brain

and waaspish as vs waspish

Anyway; I didn't think you intentionaly intended it like that, but it is funnier that way.

"Kissing the help!!!!" Aghhhhhh

Ironicaly people at one time would have reacted that way......As long as he doesn't kiss the help.

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Sep 18, 2006 12:31:26 PM

14. In America, two straight guys kissing on the lips would not happen unless it was a joke. This could be a joke played on the paparazzi or it could be something else.

Posted by: Jack | Sep 18, 2006 1:12:21 PM

15. I have read and heard Orlando Bloom say many times in his last press junket that Johnny Depp keeps on trying to kiss him on the lips and Orlando protests, that I can believe. But most American men, even those who are so enlightened like JT, cough, cough, do not even kiss their straight friends on the cheeks. Most af my gay friends will kiss on the cheeks but not the lips, unless we were involved.

A closet case by any other name would be.....

And Jimmyboyo, watch those typos...Damon is checking.

Posted by: pbnyc59 | Sep 18, 2006 1:58:49 PM

16. I wonder if he'll catch my last one. ;)

Posted by: pbnyc59 | Sep 18, 2006 2:00:02 PM

17. It's pretty sad when Americans, even gay ones, look at men kissing and can't think of anything but sex. Kisses like that between close friends or relatives are *completely* normal throughout most of Europe, the Middle East, Latin America. Gay men in this country also kiss each other hello and goodbye all the time and it isn't about dating or romance or sex, and metrosexuals and the urban hip do as well. Maybe Travolta *is* gay, I have no idea. But this isn't any evidence of that.

Posted by: ubu | Sep 18, 2006 2:40:04 PM

18. PBNYC59: I guess I shouldn't be surprised by your coughing. I'm used to men's gag reflexes being challenged after all these years. I also think that my straight friends know that I'm not going to slip them the tongue or try to fuck them.

Posted by: JT | Sep 18, 2006 3:09:10 PM

19. I'm just looking for a good masseur who can
    WORK
    MY
    ASS

Posted by: Vinnie Barbarino | Sep 18, 2006 4:19:33 PM

20. Travolta is gay, biggest known secret in Hollywood!~

Posted by: towlie | Sep 18, 2006 4:42:48 PM

21. The problem for JT's "defenders" is all the other anecdotal evidence to the contrary. Mannies are always so conveniently around when you need them too!

Posted by: Anon | Sep 18, 2006 4:52:12 PM

22. Yeah because we all kiss our nanny's... I think I would prefer he stay on the straight side thank you very much!
    Whatever Mr. Kot-tair

Posted by: Freddie "Boom Boom" Washington | Sep 18, 2006 5:08:32 PM

23. Really, why all the fuss?

Posted by: Nick | Sep 18, 2006 5:13:05 PM

24. Bullcrap. If it's so platonic, why are both of their eyes closed?

Posted by: nuflux | Sep 18, 2006 6:14:03 PM

25. All of this seems a little provincial. Doesn't it only matter how we each connect to friends/lovers/partners?

Posted by: John | Sep 18, 2006 6:24:19 PM