Jake Gyllenhaal | News

BigGayDeal.com

Jake Gyllenhaal Sets it Free

Jakeg1_1 Jakeg2

If you're wondering why Jake Gyllenhaal looks so free and unencumbered in these photos shot earlier this week in New York, it's because...

He is!

As others have noted and taken the time to diagram, it must have been laundry day.

Jakeg3

Comments

1. Wow - Javier must have wrote that post a minute before hanging himself or something. Beautiful Jake out in the wild with a suggestive bulge in his pants is EXACTLY what makes life not just "mundane, boring, everyday life" for many of us. It's these little things that are the spice of life and make us smile everyday. Thanks Andy :)

Posted by: Sean | Oct 24, 2006 12:48:20 PM

2. I don't get the fascination with a bulge in a dude's pants. Talk about silly. Some of you are so easily amused.

Posted by: Derek | Oct 24, 2006 12:49:17 PM

3. "I don't get this obsession with men's "bulges" on the gay blogs. It really makes gays look juvenile and prurient. You really debase yourself with such stories."

Listen honey, if straight guys can check out boobs, we can check out baskets. Of course, I won't be able to drag my partner away from the computer today.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Oct 24, 2006 12:50:34 PM

4. america...where talking about sex and sex-related things still is considered juvenile and prurient. this isn't a political action blog. it's an entertainment blog with homosexual tendencies. Jake is hot. Many, including Andy me thinks, on this site find pics of him quite rewarding. If you get offended by something "unserious" or "sexual" go read the economist or something.

there's a weird "self-hating" vibe to it all. A "i don't wanna be associated with gays if this is what they do." You're your own person, who cares what andy posts on here.

and yes, as others said, go to any other entertainment related "straight" blog and see how many pics of lohan's panty-less crotch you find.

Posted by: chrisnyc | Oct 24, 2006 12:50:39 PM

5. I love all you comformists who think because we love looking at a crotch or a hairy chest that we are doing something wrong.

Why not just give up being gay if you're going to "act" straight?

Be yourself, not what THEY want you to be.

Posted by: Bobby | Oct 24, 2006 12:52:30 PM

6. RB's a tool, as referenced from his previous posts. I didn't even blink...

Posted by: Cory | Oct 24, 2006 1:07:25 PM

7. Dang It... If you like this pic of Jake... Check out the cover of Josh Grobans new CD "AWAKE"... Now he is not only hahahahahaHOT, but has a nice "basket" as well.

Yumm... like Colonel Sanders Chicken... "Finger Lickin GOOD."

Posted by: UCLA KID | Oct 24, 2006 1:24:14 PM

8. Andy: Thank you. I can't help notice, though, that Mr. G. appears to be packing on more weight. The last shirtless pic you had of him (09/07/06) shows a bit more pooch than when he was in Jarhead.

I'm not complaining, mind you, I just noticed. I also noticed that that's a mighty fine swing he's got.

Posted by: JT | Oct 24, 2006 1:28:32 PM

9. Yet another reason NOT to be a celebrity--could you imagine having everyone scrutinizing pictures of you running errands on laundry day?

Posted by: bboy | Oct 24, 2006 1:40:18 PM

10. I can't believe people are actually using 'straight guys oggle camel toes and cleavage' as a defense for this. Because those guys come off as so classy...

I hate to be a prude on this, but I'm with the 'he has a dick, so what?' crowd.

Posted by: Rottin' in Denmark | Oct 24, 2006 1:54:01 PM

11. Jake looks like he is wearing those shoes that have the roller skates in the heel and he is schwinging in the main lane, just schwinging in the main lane.

Posted by: gay is the new straight | Oct 24, 2006 2:00:29 PM

12. Hmmm. Though I usually do appreciate the mix of stuff on Towleroad, my intial reaction to this was "really!?" Sorry, but it strikes me as far more PinkIsTheNewBlog or, god help us, Perez than Towleroad. It's sort of the difference between LA and New York, where we give the celebs some much deserved breathing room, I always thought.
    Anyway, it's easy to criticize, so I'll just say thanks for all the really good posts. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: DG in NY | Oct 24, 2006 2:05:22 PM

13. Has anyone stopped to think that maybe Jake wanted to be noticed?

Posted by: dc-20008 | Oct 24, 2006 2:12:45 PM

14. Nice baskets, gay guys almost always look to see if a guy coming down the sidewalk towards him with tight pants is "special" and . . . . also . . . having known a LOT of women who've shared their personal "views" on the topic, in their early 20s up to their late 50s with me in casual conversations surprised me when they opened up and told me they enjoy checking the males of the species as well, and will sometimes judge a guy by the size of the bulge!!

And straight men? They're MUCH MORE LIKELY to check a guy's equipment out in a men's room (or gym showers) where the urinals (or their naked body) aren't shielded from other guy's eyes than a gay man in a similar setting (something remembered from an actual university study which I had almost forgotten about until this display of afew perturbed readers expressing fake shock.

Ever occur to anyone that Jake may have made sure he was going to show a nice buldge when he walked out the door, to make other guys jelous (or very interested suddenly) and likewise with women?
    I still fondly remember the "dress" code from the 70s when jeans were TIGHT, and those with bell bottoms had VERY tight crotches cut to show off the male package -- what a loss that guys today are almost too up tight to show off what they've got. DISAPPOINTING!!!!!

Posted by: erikzed | Oct 24, 2006 2:18:37 PM

15. A tool? Cory...really!

Posted by: RB | Oct 24, 2006 2:34:41 PM

16. am i the only one that's noticed that he's not even wearing a bra?

he's probably sockless too. mmmm

Posted by: matt | Oct 24, 2006 2:40:43 PM

17. I still look at the face first, all the time.

Posted by: Anon | Oct 24, 2006 2:42:05 PM

18. "Why not just give up being gay if you're going to "act" straight?"...Because I am GAY Bobby! There is no act. I am what I am and make no apologies. I simply thought this belonged elsewhere and not on towleroad. That's all.

Posted by: RB | Oct 24, 2006 2:46:21 PM

19. RB - sorry Towleroad isn't what you want it to be. But it is how Andy wants it to be and judging by his hit counters, lots of people are quite happy with that. Perhaps you can start your own blog?

Posted by: Sean | Oct 24, 2006 3:10:06 PM

20. I love it! I knew it was big from the shower scene in Jarhead. He looks like he knows people are looking.Yum.

Posted by: John | Oct 24, 2006 3:36:50 PM

21. *Sigh* adorable.

Posted by: Rob | Oct 24, 2006 3:46:51 PM

22. Come on people, embrace your homosexuality. You like dick and Jake's got a nice one that he apparently wanted to show off so we could all get a peek and a cheap thrill from what he's sporting between his legs. Good for him and good for all of us. A little basket ogling never hurt anyone especially if it's on a cutie (like Jake). Leave all the self-loathing and the homophobic "straight-acting"ism's for the gay Republicans. This blog is for real homosexuals, not wanna-be's.

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Oct 24, 2006 3:49:04 PM

23. GAWD! Back down boys...he's mine! *running to take a cold shower*

Posted by: Dave | Oct 24, 2006 3:55:05 PM

24. Wow.. His clit is HUGE!

Posted by: jeff | Oct 24, 2006 4:29:20 PM

25. Good grief, the never-ending and tiresome "self-loathing" charges when there is a point of view expressed that is not perceived to be "gay correct". I suppose it allows the user to not have to think beyond the application of the label. I believe that the anti-mos use the same strategy.

Of course it's Andy's blog and he can do as he wishes. To his credit, he does not censure the comments with which he might not be in agreement.

There's no "shock" expressed in this thread, fake or otherwise. There is, however, an attempt to make a distinction between admiring male beauty, at which Towleroad excels (Do you notice any negative comments regarding the Brady Quinn post?) and the middle school body part watch with which some blogs are obsessed. Of course, during middle school we had to engage in that so covertly or were required to feign excitement when we saw a girls nips that perhaps some of us continue to enjoy it (Looking for bulges, not nips!) more than others as adults. Please proceed and enjoy, but understand that it doesn't make you any more or less gay than anyone else.

Posted by: KJ | Oct 24, 2006 4:32:27 PM