Jake Gyllenhaal | News

BigGayDeal.com

Jake Gyllenhaal Sets it Free

Jakeg1_1 Jakeg2

If you're wondering why Jake Gyllenhaal looks so free and unencumbered in these photos shot earlier this week in New York, it's because...

He is!

As others have noted and taken the time to diagram, it must have been laundry day.

Jakeg3

Comments

1. ROBERT IN WEHO:

"Leave all the self-loathing and the homophobic "straight-acting"ism's for the gay Republicans"...I AM A GAY REPUBLICAN AND I AM NOT SELF-LOATHING OR HOMOPHOBIC..."This blog is for real homosexuals, not wanna-be's." I AM A REAL HOMOSEXUAL!

What more do you want to hear people? What do I have to do to get the "gay" population to get the fact that I am gay too?! This is totally ridiculous!

Posted by: RB | Oct 24, 2006 4:37:03 PM

2. Have to agree with RB and KJ. It is not "self-loathing" to think that staring at a man's bulge is middle-school behavior.

Posted by: jmg | Oct 24, 2006 5:29:23 PM

3. "I can't believe people are actually using 'straight guys oggle camel toes and cleavage' as a defense for this. Because those guys come off as so classy..."

Thank you. Just because other people do classless or ridiculous stuff, doesn't mean we should too. It just makes both groups of you wrong in this case. As for looking at Lindsey Lohan's genitalia, I think most men responded with an "ew" rather than an "ooh."
    Jake's a guy, and guy's have penises. It's one thing to admire a guy's muscles, face, or physique, but to act like junior high kids and talk incessantly about a run of the mill bulge in his pants is stupid. Act your age, men.

Posted by: Malcolm J | Oct 24, 2006 5:34:04 PM

4. Some of my friends are into bulge watching, and I just don't get it. I love looking at guys on the street who have muscular bodies, good looking faces, nice butts, but I don't get looking at a guy's bulge. It seems so desperate and over-hungry. Maybe it's because I mostly attracted to a man's face, muscles, butt; his penis just comes along with the rest. Some of you claim that embracing gayness means embracing an obsession with "dick," but perhaps you are the one being myopic. Perhaps, not all gay guys are as crazy as you about dick. Perhaps, some bisexual or gay guys are all into the male face, the male musculature, but not into the dick so much. Everyone is different, but this one I just don't get.

Posted by: zachg | Oct 24, 2006 5:40:45 PM

5. sheesh ! who ARE all these prudish 'gay' men who don't like looking at dick ?!

Posted by: el polacko | Oct 24, 2006 5:55:45 PM

6. RB, I don't think you're necessarily the target. Now that you mention it, though, I am amazed that a guy who seems so level-headed and nice is actually one of "them." I guess it just goes to show you...your kind really is everywhere.

Posted by: JT | Oct 24, 2006 5:56:56 PM

7. Laundry day -???!!! Commando is the way to go....

Posted by: Edward | Oct 24, 2006 6:03:42 PM

8. "sheesh ! who ARE all these prudish 'gay' men who don't like looking at dick ?!
    i'm with erikzed, bring back the 70's fashion of showing a huge, clearly defined package .. those were the days !"

Dude, it's 2006. Not 1976. Your notion of bisexual and gay men is outdated.

Posted by: ZachG | Oct 24, 2006 6:33:00 PM

9. I wonder what kind of sunglasses those are...

Love 'em.

What? Oh come on now. It's fun to look. I have to agree with Brian: "The best blogs are a combination of the sublime, the serious, the sexy, and the silly. I think that's why Towleroad has been so successful." Kudos, man. Thanks Andy!

And if you think this is something, you should one of the guys I work with...

Posted by: Rob (lrdarystar) | Oct 24, 2006 6:36:10 PM

10. I think people recoil at the "bulge reports" because they perceive this type of body gawking as the most girly or "faggy" of behavior. There is more tolerance for people gawking at a guy's hot muscles, eyes, or even butt than penis because "bulge watching" expresses a desire to be penetrated. In contrast, there is no such desire inherit in gawking at a dude's big chest, bulging biceps, ripped abs, or nice face. In fact, a guy or girl can masculinely talk about a guy's hot ass because it suggests that he/she has an interest in being manly, pentrating that bubble. Of course, that implicates the whole stigma on being penetrating versus penetrating for men who have sex with men.

Posted by: Jamal | Oct 24, 2006 7:03:32 PM

11. This is Andy's blog, and he is free to print whatever he chooses. But as a somewhat influential gay tastemaker and media maven, his choices certainly merit comment and critique from the community that reads him on occassion. and this clearly falls into the category of juvenile tittering at body parts in middle school. it's not erotic, or sexy, or even cute. it's just childish. and for those who defend snickering at crotch shots as somehow "proudly gay", and lust hopelessly after someone clearly out of their league in so many respects (even if he is gay), what opinion do you suppose jake would have of you if he knew? a rather dim one, you can be sure.

Posted by: Aatom | Oct 24, 2006 7:04:32 PM

12. Andy- I usually enjoy your blog as a terrific source for queer-related politics and fun and frivolous celebrity fair. This in depth Jake bulge analysis is gratuitous, however, and makes me consider replacing your web bookmark with one of your contemporaries.

Posted by: Jason H. | Oct 24, 2006 7:46:27 PM

13. "Objects in this picture may be larger than they appear."

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Posted by: devilgirl | Oct 24, 2006 7:47:02 PM

14. Jake is the only man who can keep my girlfriend and I from going completely gay. He's gorgeous and if these aren't photoshopped, then he's gorgeous EVERYWHERE.
    :P~~~~

As for the raging debate, let's all calm down. I too remember the 70s and 80s, where rock stars wore pants so tight you could tell what religion the guy was. ANd let's remember too that we all look, we just don't all look at the same parts of the package. Sometimes it's the bow, sometimes it's the ribbon, sometimes it's what's inside. I just thank Andy for posting it all and letting us make up our minds.

Posted by: devilgirl | Oct 24, 2006 7:50:35 PM

15. I'm not even a size queen, but I got to say, who cares if Jake's photo and his cock shows through his pants and no underwear.

Jake's a celebrity. He KNOWS there could be a camera lurking anywhere, especially in NY and LA.

I think it's FUN to have this photo in this post. I welcome it.

Nice to see that Jake might not be that big and maybe he's gaining a little weight, so what! He's still cute. He's a movie actor that many people know about. And perhaps he is gay. He will come out in due time if it's true. Either way, love the photos!

Posted by: FunMe | Oct 24, 2006 7:56:40 PM

16. RB,

if you're gay and a Republican, you are a homophobic, self-loathing person who needs major psychological help. It's called second-class citizen syndrome collaborator-boy and you've go it...

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Oct 24, 2006 9:37:23 PM

17. I don't understand this debate. Straight guys comment constantly on girls' tits and ass. Why is it so purile for gay men to comment on the basket?

Posted by: krunchy | Oct 24, 2006 10:27:53 PM

18. Christ, lighten up you uptight prudes! We're not at church or your mother's having Christmas dinner! Why is it only appropriate for junior-high-age people to openly appreciate crotches? I hope when I'm old I still have the desire to appreciate fine crotches! Stop obsessing about how other people act fearing how it reflects on YOU. You'd be a lot less miserable if you stopped worrying and pontificating. This site has always had a mix of the serious, light and sex charged stuff. If you don't like it, stop tormenting yourself and please f*ck off out of here already and go change your bookmark to rigidprissyprudes.blogspot.com.

Posted by: Miss Kitty | Oct 24, 2006 10:30:05 PM

19. Hmmmm... Last time I checked this was still Andy's blog, right? And therefore he can post whatever the hell he wishes... If you don't like what he posts or offends your delicate sensitivty, I'm sure Andy will be more than happy to refund your all the money you paid to help the creation of this site and compensate the terrible torture you suffered to force you to visit hi site, look at this picture and leave a comment... WAIT A MINUTE!!! This site is free, so those who complained are, in my humble opinion, just worthless examples of inferior beings.
    Priorities, priorities, priorities... when I don't agree with something i paid for at least promised to get and get an unfair treatment, I complain... in this case, this post is so amusing that I chose to post this comment becasue i had nothing better to do while waiting for an important phone call. Ooops... there my life calling me to get back to it... C'ya!

Posted by: Rickie | Oct 24, 2006 11:42:04 PM

20. a great picture and thanks for posting it. There is never enough of Jake and can't wait till his next movie comes out. It would be nice if he did the Harvey Milk movie....but....I doubt it....

Posted by: Jerome Shipanik | Oct 25, 2006 12:39:27 AM

21. Andy- I usually enjoy your blog as a terrific source for queer-related politics and fun and frivolous celebrity fair. This in depth Jake bulge analysis is gratuitous, however, and makes me consider replacing your web bookmark with one of your contemporaries.

Posted by: Jason H. | Oct 24, 2006 7:46:27 PM

It's comments like this that remind me afresh, post-Native American America was "founded" by legions of Puritans. One can never, ever, escape history, or its pernicious legacies.

Religions really are the Roots of ALL EVILS.

Posted by: a foreigner | Oct 25, 2006 12:40:10 AM

22. I was enjoying this bulge shot a lot until someone wrote they're a gay republican. In all caps, too! Buzzkill. Total buzzkill.

Posted by: Daniel | Oct 25, 2006 2:01:23 AM

23. Hear hear Miss Kitty.

Some of y'all sexphobes should lighten up, worry less about acting with class and propriety, and enjoy your sexual desires, wherever they lead your eyes to linger, or at least let the rest of us do so without your sex-negative bleating.

Gay republicans? Feh!

Posted by: Marco | Oct 25, 2006 2:25:32 AM

24. Jake! Look what you've done! You've torn this community apart! Never darken our doors with the shadow of your bulge again...

... actually, do.

Posted by: Ren B. | Oct 25, 2006 4:52:45 AM

25. Be a man. Be a woman. Be yourself. Be safe. Just BE who you are and stop telling others what they should be. As long as they ain't breaking laws, leave'em alone. The problem with some Americans is that they want everyone else to be exact replicas of everyone else. We are gay. We are different and to act as if we aren't is the greatest denial and the greatest diservice to our rainbow colored people.

Cheers to diversity, but "gay republicans"? I have to agree, what kind of self loathing must you posess to associate with people who want to keep you from ever marrying your partner and who would push you back into the closet faster than you can say Judy Garland?

Posted by: Bobby | Oct 25, 2006 12:03:26 PM