Eric Dane | Isaiah Washington | Patrick Dempsey | Television

Tab: Isaiah Washington Used Gay Slur in Grey's Anatomy Brawl

Greys_2An on-set confrontation between Grey's Anatomy co-stars Isaiah Washington and Patrick Dempsey which resulted in Washington grabbing Dempsey by the throat and shoving him was kicked up a notch this morning when the National Enquirer (the tabloid that broke news of the fight) revealed that Washington had used a gay slur during the confrontation:

The melee has set off World War III on the show and may cost Isaiah his job," an insider told The ENQUIRER. "The cast is divided over the shameful event."

As The ENQUIRER exclusively revealed last week, Patrick and Isaiah clashed over cast members being late to the set, right before shooting a scene at Prospect Studios in Los Angeles.

A heated discussion quickly escalated to violence when Isaiah snapped, revealed an eyewitness. At one point, Isaiah yelled, "I'm not your little faggot like (name deleted)," according to the source. Those who heard him were stunned.

The tabloid, however, refuses to identify who the gay slur was directed at, citing its 'extreme nature', however, Washington did refer to T.R. Knight as a "bitch" in earlier reports...

Now with all the McDreaminess and McSteaminess on the Grey's Anatomy set, there's bound to be some alpha male-style jockeying for position between the male co-stars, but these aren't the kind of blows one would want it to come to. More to come as we hear it, and if anyone has heard it, please send us an email...

You may have missed...
The Men of Grey's Anatomy [tr]
McSteamy Grey's Anatomy Preview: Eric Dane [tr]

Comments

1. TR Knight is apparently gay (but not shouting it from the rooftops). That's if you believe the comments on his IMDB board. They're of the "he used to go out with my brother" type.

PS Be warned: the posters on the IMDB boards are some of the most stupid people I've ever encountered. Not specifically on the thread I just mentioned but in general.

Posted by: Kevin | Oct 18, 2006 2:52:53 PM

2. TR Knight is gay, openly before "Anatomy" (like Sean Hayes before "Will and Grace). I don't think Isiah should be fired for this but the bad attitude is probably indicative of a whole lot more than what we really know.

Posted by: Jose | Oct 18, 2006 2:55:56 PM

3. Wait, was Sean Hayes not openly gay DURING Will & Grace?

Posted by: Kevin | Oct 18, 2006 3:03:08 PM

4. Hehe, in one of those posts, Defamer refers to Isaiah Washington as McChokey. That amuses me! :)

Posted by: chrisb | Oct 18, 2006 3:06:26 PM

5. Yes, T.R. is gay, and sadly a tina head. I've seen around WH - often - cracked out of his mind. So sad.

Posted by: jjabely | Oct 18, 2006 3:09:40 PM

6. I've worked with Isaiah Washington and he is not a nice person at all. He is a nasty son of a bitch, and demanding on the set. He treats people like shit. So I would have to believe this story.

Posted by: wtf | Oct 18, 2006 3:14:42 PM

7. Not that anyway paid attention to my comment but the great Jason Bateman was as shocked as me when he heard Hayes wasn't out. I find it odd (to say the least).

Posted by: Kevin | Oct 18, 2006 3:19:23 PM

8. Didn't the entire cast all win some sort of ensemble acting award? Maybe that was the cast from Lost?

Posted by: Anon | Oct 18, 2006 3:24:23 PM

9. The next thing out of Washington's mouth will be "Some of my best friends are gay...".

Bet on it.

Posted by: Zeke | Oct 18, 2006 3:49:27 PM

10. If he called someone a faggot (whether it is true or not) and physically assaulted someone then he should be fired. PERIOD!

Posted by: mikey d | Oct 18, 2006 3:56:30 PM

11. No Zeke,

He'll enter rehab and blame alcohol for his actions. Because we all know after a few beers you become a jew-hating homophobe who hits on teenage boys.

Posted by: Marco | Oct 18, 2006 3:57:40 PM

12. Washington calling a gay cast member a faggot is the same as a white cast member calling him a nigger. Whatever penalties Hollywood producers have for such behavior should be admininstered.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Oct 18, 2006 4:08:58 PM

13. Derrick: You are so right. But in this insane age of political correctness, white people can't say anything to black America. But it is true:

Gay is the new Black!

Posted by: wtf | Oct 18, 2006 4:46:22 PM

14. Shame on Isiah, he needs to come over to my place right now for his punishment.

Posted by: James | Oct 18, 2006 4:53:59 PM

15. my friend worked on grey's last season...and isiah is one crazy dude. stalker, crazy. and i've been told that it was t.r. that he said "faggot" about. isiah is just a jealous idiot.

Posted by: covington666 | Oct 18, 2006 5:10:18 PM

16. Wow, a black man loses it.... shocking

Posted by: M | Oct 18, 2006 5:17:22 PM

17. I saw him on Oprah. He takes narcissism and general self-importance to a new level... and that's saying something given that he was sitting next to Opes.

Posted by: D | Oct 18, 2006 5:24:44 PM

18. It doesn't matter if T. R. Knight's a 'tina head' allegedly - he wouldn't be the first or last celeb. Washington might be on something too. So might half the cast.

The point is if this were a racial issue there'd be major fur flying. I loathe the word 'faggot' because even for such a stupid sounding word, it's loaded with hate. Washington looks somewhat self-important anyway.

Posted by: EM | Oct 18, 2006 5:45:09 PM

19. So Sean won those Emmys playing himself??

Posted by: gabe | Oct 18, 2006 5:45:53 PM

20. I'm going to look beyond some of the ignorance in some of the comments here and dare to cross that breach created by political correctness and not lose it as black men are wont to do.

As a black gay man(not the national black gay spokesperson mind you), I'm disappointed in Isaiah as well. Especially if the situations went down as reported. Not a big Grey's fan, but I had respect for the brother. In "Get on the Bus," he played a gay man and was one of the first positive image of the black gay man I'd ever seen on screen.

Pity, again if reports are true, that someone didn't go to his ass like his character did to the homophobic basatard in "Get on the Bus" for calling him out his name.

Posted by: Phill | Oct 18, 2006 6:28:57 PM

21. Derrick from Philly... please. I knew someone would go there... with the whole nig-thing. No... it's not the same, other wise he would have called him a cracker or a honky or something as ugly. I'm gay... if someone is acting ignorant, I call them an asshole, regardless of race.

Posted by: CaliNexus | Oct 18, 2006 6:32:51 PM

22. hmmmm...well, all this talk about "faggots" aside, I didn't know anything about T.R. possibly being gay. That's kind of surprising. And kind of cool actually (if it's true), cuz I'm kind of crushing on him.

Posted by: J.R. | Oct 18, 2006 6:36:41 PM

23. Am in the dark here, but isn't Patrick Dempsey gay, just like Neil Patrick Harris and all the other closted Hollywood homos who made an appearance on "Will and Grace" to show how cool they are whether on not they ever come out of the closet?

Posted by: byron Beck | Oct 18, 2006 6:52:40 PM

24. I don't know about Neil but Patrick is sooo not gay...despite that hair, yes!

Posted by: gabe | Oct 18, 2006 7:00:12 PM

25. yes, TR's gay. neil's gay. patrick's gay. every remotely attractive man in hollywood is gay. especially if they do anything remotely gay related. i thought everyone knew this. i mean, actors are just a big buncha queens.

jeez people. get over yourselves. speculating about celebrities is so 1997.

Posted by: d | Oct 18, 2006 7:10:50 PM