Carol Channing | Crime | Florida | Ian Roberts | Manchester | Nancy Pelosi | New York | News

BigGayDeal.com

News: Pelosi Fashion, Manchester Gay Rape, Ian Roberts

road.jpg Charred body discovered in burned out car parked in gay and straight "lover's lane".

Pelosiroad.jpg AP takes sexist approach to Pelosi's new leadership position, details label and color of outfit.

road.jpg Gay man raped at knifepoint after a night out in Manchester's gay village. Detective: "This was a horrific attack on a man who had been having a night out with friends. He is understandably devastated that someone has done this to him and we want to make sure the man responsible is held to account for his actions. I know that some people may be reluctant to come forward as this area is known to be one where men meet for sex. We understand those concerns. But we would like to assure you that our priority is to catch this man. We treat all allegations of rape very seriously and any information you may have will be treated in the strictest confidence."

Mysteryroad.jpg Guess the mystery man...

road.jpg ChanningGate continues: Gay People's Chronicle defends its interview with the 85-year-old icon: "Knowing that Carol Channing is 85 years old and has been touring extensively for decades, it's understandable that she might be a little confused; she might have been tired. However, what Kaizaad Kotwal wrote is the truth of what was said."

road.jpg Lakeland, Florida police officer Robert Knight suing his supervisor, a major, and the director of the Florida Highway Patrol for spreading rumors that he is gay, ordering another trooper to fight him, and trying unsuccessfully to charge him with harassing and stalking another male trooper.

road.jpg Judge throws out defamation case brought by Frederick George Rix against rugby star-turned-actor Ian Roberts. Roberts testified against Rix earlier this year in an inquest into the death of his friend Arron Light.

Comments

1. Now you're just taunting Leland. :)

Posted by: chrisb | Nov 15, 2006 11:05:33 AM

2. Mystery NOT! It is La Reich (pre-surgery). Go at him Leland! (Andy, if you are going to throw out photographic "red meat" then expect the usual lions to respond accordingly.)

Posted by: rudy | Nov 15, 2006 11:06:24 AM

3. Mentioning Bella's suit is sexist? Dems- eternally offended.

Posted by: Tom | Nov 15, 2006 11:08:15 AM

4. "pre-surgery"? Around the Vatican they call that a, uh hum, full-blown religious miracle!

Posted by: Orozco | Nov 15, 2006 11:16:44 AM

5. Wow, I guess Reichen has a GREAT DEAL of work done hahahahaha...

Posted by: Cory | Nov 15, 2006 11:18:05 AM

6. Somewhere Joan Rivers, NYC's "Catwoman," Burt Reynolds, and Mickey Rourke are strangling THEIR plastic surgeons--as if they shouldn't have already.

Posted by: Mac | Nov 15, 2006 11:27:26 AM

7. haha Jocelyn Wilderstein, aka "Catwoman". I'vbe actually met her a few times as I used to associate with her gay nephew Matt (I forget his last name). She hosted a birthday party for him one time at Duvet when it first opened up. She's actually a very sweet woman and LOADED. When I say loaded, I mean you can get lost in the bitches house on the UES loaded. And I thought I came from money, oh hell no, h to e to l to l no lol....

Posted by: Cory | Nov 15, 2006 11:44:19 AM

8. When discussing her relationship, Rodriquez told Howard Stern in 2001 that, "[Vin Diesel] will be a part of my life for a very long time."

Huh. That's strange, because gay men and lesbians are rarely each others' BFFs...

Posted by: midnight lounge | Nov 15, 2006 12:11:28 PM

9. ...damn browser got hijacked by pop-up ad. Should've had that comment posted on another entry. Ah well.

Posted by: midnight lounge | Nov 15, 2006 12:13:12 PM

10. Certainly explains page 179 of the book >

"before I knew what was happening, they had put a laundry bag over my head"

Posted by: BenSilverman | Nov 15, 2006 12:25:27 PM

11. I kind of like pre-op Reich better than post-op. His new look is stunning, just not as authentically masculine as he once looked.

Now, if that same plastic surgeon could do something about the botched eyebrow lift Lance must have gotten.

Posted by: Brook | Nov 15, 2006 12:30:32 PM

12. BENSILVERMAN: ROFL OMG THAT was FUNNY (and sick) but funny... thanks...

Posted by: Cory | Nov 15, 2006 12:33:55 PM

13. Now I know the origin of the line: "Let go of my ears I know what I'm doing.

One guesses he refers to the newer version as his "Day Face." At night, with it buried in a pillow it doesn't matter what he looks like.

Posted by: Joe | Nov 15, 2006 12:44:10 PM

14. Holy crap, Reichen was CUTE! He had work done? Why? He looked MUCH better before.

Posted by: Rich | Nov 15, 2006 1:08:48 PM

15. Reichen was hotter pre-surgery. Too bad they couldn't fix him up with some talent or a double-digit IQ.

Posted by: Justin... | Nov 15, 2006 1:12:12 PM

16. MORE haters. Brook the bitch and Justin, shut the f*ck up. You NEVER would say that stuff about a straight person. Reichen has always been good-looking.

Posted by: Jack | Nov 15, 2006 1:50:18 PM

17. Funny, I use to think that Reichen was the perfect man, looks wise. Now I see that anyone can be the "perfect" man. Yet another case of smoke and mirrors.

No longer find him attractive. Sexy comes from using what you have. Look at Jessica Simpson's ex, Nick. Now there is a man who makes what he has work for him.......and very well......I might add.

Can anyone explain what Riechen actually contributes to?

Posted by: Ogden | Nov 15, 2006 1:54:56 PM

18. Yeah, mentioning Pelosi's clothes is sexist... It infers that all a woman can do is look good and bake cookies. Never mind her ideas or policies or what she is going to accomplish today, lets patronise her and tell her she looks pretty... Please boys, we're not still in the 1950's.

Nice work Andy, Love the site. Long time reader first time poster.
    Hi from Australia, and that god the Dems have the House and Senate! The world has breathed a collective sigh of relief!

x

Posted by: PAUL IN AU | Nov 15, 2006 1:55:47 PM

19. I think I'm going to make T-shirt with Old Reichen on the front and new Reichen on the back. Think it makes sense. Including the point about having new Reichen on the back.

Posted by: Leland | Nov 15, 2006 3:39:16 PM

20. I saw the AP caption on a Washington Post article earlier in the week. I was beginning to think either no one noticed it or no one thought it was stupid.

I mentioned this to someone and I was met with "Uh, I thought her constituents DO care about what she's wearing? Huh?"

Awesome.

Posted by: vince | Nov 15, 2006 3:54:49 PM

21. Leland. I'm surprised. One would think you'd already have a stack of these shirts in your dresser of drawers.

I kid. I kid. That was all too easy...

Truthfully, I don't get all the fuss over Reichen. If we stop talking about him, will he just go away?

Posted by: midnight lounge | Nov 15, 2006 3:58:29 PM

22. Leland: What the hell? That's it? That's all you're going to say? Come on!

Posted by: JT | Nov 15, 2006 3:59:36 PM

23. Hey Reichen, who did your surgery?

Posted by: Astro | Nov 15, 2006 4:15:35 PM

24. That's not Leland. Someone named Ogden has apparently appropriated his handle.

Leland commands a far stronger vocabulary and a much more wicked obsession with Reichen. He would never post just two sentences.

Either that, or he's finally gotten that therapy we've all suggested.

Posted by: chrisb | Nov 15, 2006 4:19:20 PM

25. Looks to me like all he did was have his ears pinned back to be less Dumbo-ish. Is that really such a crime?

Posted by: jon luddite | Nov 15, 2006 4:20:25 PM