I'm Not Gay | Neil Patrick Harris | News | Television

Neil Patrick Harris Publicist: He's Not Gay

Burtka_harris_1A publicist for actor Neil Patrick Harris has issued a statement following a report on Canada.com that Harris had helped his "longtime sweetheart" David Burtka land a role on the TV sitcom How I Met Your Mother. Here's the item that sent publicist pens aflutter:

"Nepotism is alive and well in Hollywood. Former Doogie Howser star Neil Patrick Harris, 33, recently got his longtime sweetheart David Burtka, 31, a guest role on his series How I Met Your Mother (airing Wednesday nights on CH). Burtka is an experienced theatre actor (he played opposite Bernadette Peters in Gypsy on Broadway and starred in the touring company of Beauty and the Beast) but also had small parts on episodes of The West Wing and Crossing Jordan."

The publicist reportedly claims of Harris: "He's not of that persuasion."

Pictured are David Burtka and Neil Patrick Harris from a cast photo of a benefit performance of The Business done at the Ojai Playwrights Conference.

Comments

1. Someone should ask his publicist how much persuasion it actually takes.

Posted by: Mike | Nov 1, 2006 5:24:56 PM

2. How do you spell L-A-M-E ? ...

...."He's not of that persuasion."

That's one publicist that should feel shame when cashing this month's NPH retainer at the bank.

Posted by: MiamiDude | Nov 1, 2006 5:34:17 PM

3. ...and the Pope is Catholic.

Does anyone even really give a Republican Rat politician's promise that he's gay? And just how will this help rebuild the Gulf Coast?

Posted by: circuitmouse | Nov 1, 2006 5:47:48 PM

4. ...um, more on Wentworth Miller, please?
    K

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Nov 1, 2006 5:58:35 PM

5. persuasion?!?

What does that mean? Has Burtka been arguing in favor of a relationship and NPH just isn't persuaded yet?

Posted by: Timothy | Nov 1, 2006 6:04:27 PM

6. ...hear, hear JR and CircuitMouse! And as for that "multi-bitter (or is that multi-biter?)Mr."I love quotation marks as if they were free Vaseoline" Rudy, stop spreading the pain and do
    something "constructive" will you luv?

Posted by: Lead | Nov 1, 2006 6:08:32 PM

7. I'll add this to the list of answers to questions I never cared enough to ask.

Posted by: Zeke | Nov 1, 2006 6:12:57 PM

8. I'm not GAY, but my boyfriend is!

Posted by: Bear | Nov 1, 2006 6:13:36 PM

9. Wentworth Miller...?

Posted by: UrbanOne | Nov 1, 2006 6:25:47 PM

10. LOL.. this site is by far the best for the pretty lads and scurrilous gossip. All we have is a rather fantastic sounding George Michael emerging from bushes at 3AM.
    He has to be gay... no way did he swing that stethoscope in a masculine pseudo~hetero way.
    He swished into the patients rooms, and sashayed down the hospital corridors... a natural :-) And he showed his menacing side in 'Starship Troopers' dressed like a nasty Nazi too. Mind you... he did look good in leather... Maybe we can see a private sex video he might have made called 'Starship Poopers'? ... might be an underground hit....

Posted by: philip in london | Nov 1, 2006 6:44:50 PM

11. All I know is when he played a hardcore str8 party guy version of himself in Harold & Kumar, I fell in love.

Posted by: Marco | Nov 1, 2006 7:15:41 PM

12. Richard Simmons is straight, too.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Nov 1, 2006 7:28:57 PM

13. I was at a party with him, and he openly admitted to me that he was gay! He's in a long-term committed relationship. But most important, I'm not sure he should be blamed for what his publicist says--they are a subspecies that often work without consent of their clients. I'm sure the pubicist is worried about $$$$ and nothing else.

Posted by: Nathan | Nov 1, 2006 7:55:24 PM

14. what a creep: ashamed of his faggyness. does it still doom ones career???

Posted by: tittypoo | Nov 1, 2006 7:59:02 PM

15. ContactMusic is one of the most unreliable tabloid sources on the Internet for entertainment news -- don't believe anything that you read on it.

Posted by: jb | Nov 1, 2006 8:49:49 PM

16. He played gay in Will & Grace... combined with no visible straight tabloid love life... He's as gay as Kevin Spacey...

Posted by: David | Nov 1, 2006 9:02:43 PM

17. hi

Posted by: biatchhh | Nov 1, 2006 9:05:46 PM

18. All I can say is-who gives a fuck? He's mediocre at most. I see better looking guys everyday-that will admit to sucking cock. Yawn.

Posted by: Andrew | Nov 1, 2006 9:42:49 PM

19. Who cares if he has a rogue publicist (LOL) that doesn't consult with him? He's in the closet until he admits publicly that he is gay. So unless he stands up and says he's a queer tomorrow, the guy is a self-hating jerk.

PS WOW Report had an item reporting that someone overheard him arguing with his boyfriend about an ex. Check it out at:

Posted by: Will | Nov 1, 2006 10:03:36 PM

20. Well, I'd long suspected NPH was the infamous "Toothy Tile" of Ted Casablanca's "blind vice" gossip columns. According to TC, TT was very much into public make-out sessions with his bf and was seriously contemplating coming out professionally. However, his handlers convinced him otherwise since he had just landed a plum starring role in a high profile network sitcom.

Like others here though, I'm much more interested in the Wentworth Miller comments...

Posted by: RJ | Nov 1, 2006 11:02:32 PM

21. Doogie has "handlers"? Jeebus H. friggin' Christ on a popsicle stick, he's a big queer! And someday he'll come out, and he'll get some press...maybe about the time he doesn't have that sitcom coming in...give me a break. Over it. As it there are so many NPH fans out there who would be crushed -- CRUSHED, I say -- to find out he is gay. The show would lose 1 of its 10 losers, I mean viewers? Whatever.

P.S. I spend the rest of my day pissed off about Iraq and W., so don't get on my case about frivolous, lovely gay gossip and hot, shirtless pictures of atheletes!

Posted by: So Left I'm Right | Nov 2, 2006 12:11:01 AM

22. TT was always refered to as an LA resident and potential movie star, not TV star. TT was supposed to come out as "bi" too, not gay, and had a well publicized relationship with a well known actress. NPH ain't TT.

Posted by: Anon | Nov 2, 2006 12:13:18 AM

23. Puh-lease. Saw him in Fairway with his man. So undeniably gay.

Posted by: art star | Nov 2, 2006 12:13:48 AM

24. Pls tell me more about Wenty Miller pretty pretty please...

Posted by: just sayin' | Nov 2, 2006 1:07:25 AM

25. I've been told on separate occasions by people who have done Broadway with Doogie that I'm "his type" and that I look like "the guy he was seeing while he was in Cabaret." And I'm the same physical type as David Burtka. That's my 2 cents of evidence that Doogie's gay.

Posted by: Richard | Nov 2, 2006 1:24:08 AM