I'm Not Gay | Neil Patrick Harris | News | Television

BigGayDeal.com

Neil Patrick Harris Publicist: He's Not Gay

Burtka_harris_1A publicist for actor Neil Patrick Harris has issued a statement following a report on Canada.com that Harris had helped his "longtime sweetheart" David Burtka land a role on the TV sitcom How I Met Your Mother. Here's the item that sent publicist pens aflutter:

"Nepotism is alive and well in Hollywood. Former Doogie Howser star Neil Patrick Harris, 33, recently got his longtime sweetheart David Burtka, 31, a guest role on his series How I Met Your Mother (airing Wednesday nights on CH). Burtka is an experienced theatre actor (he played opposite Bernadette Peters in Gypsy on Broadway and starred in the touring company of Beauty and the Beast) but also had small parts on episodes of The West Wing and Crossing Jordan."

The publicist reportedly claims of Harris: "He's not of that persuasion."

Pictured are David Burtka and Neil Patrick Harris from a cast photo of a benefit performance of The Business done at the Ojai Playwrights Conference.

Comments

1. Um, why is it so important for him to come out publicly? Maybe he doesn't want the extra publicity or to become the new posterboy for the gay community like some others. Had anyone given Lance Bass a thought in like 5 years, or ever for that matter? Now he's everywhere. Leave him alone. Just because he didn't broadcast it doesn't mean he's not out of the closet or proud of who he is. The NPH rules!

Posted by: kristin | Nov 2, 2006 1:43:16 AM

2. Who cares? He's an actor ...

Posted by: dave | Nov 2, 2006 4:24:01 AM

3. Boyfriend is way hotter than doogie.

Posted by: Gregg | Nov 2, 2006 6:29:53 AM

4. Oh Lead darlin' You take yourself way too seriously. This item had nothing to do with politics, yet you begin with an ad populem attack and hijack the thread. The bitter queens you denounce typically do more for gay civil rights in one hour than you have accomplished in the past year. That we can also be frivolous and biting is part of our charm. You appear to have had a radical personalityectomy. Take your uni-dimensional bile back to your cave of darkness.

Posted by: rudy | Nov 2, 2006 8:04:19 AM

5. I love NPH. No matter what, I hope he's happy. If he is gay then hopefully he'll one day soon be able to come out for himself and everyone else afterwards.

Posted by: Rob (lrdarystar) | Nov 2, 2006 8:34:31 AM

6. Oh, NPH, we've known you were gay from the days you bonded with your sassy maid Whoopi Goldberg in "Clara's Heart."

Posted by: Ray | Nov 2, 2006 9:34:37 AM

7. um...Wentworth Miller is gay? More info please - i beg you.

Posted by: jorge | Nov 2, 2006 9:34:45 AM

8. He's a real nice guy who shouldn't have to shout to the world that he's queer. He's out to the people he cares about and that's what matters. Oh and Toothy Tile? That would be Mr Jake Gyllenhal, who seriously wants to come out.

Posted by: secretagentman | Nov 2, 2006 10:24:21 AM

9. Hey Secret Agent Man: Your info is very dated. According to teddy boy, TT is never coming out!!

PS: Here in NY Jake has been dating Ms Caruso, daughter of David Caruso.

Posted by: Um, yeah | Nov 2, 2006 10:42:55 AM

10. Maybe the publicist was talking about the nepotism and not about Neil's alleged homosexual lifestyle. Neil is super cute and I definitely hope he's not gay. I mean that would shatter all of my fantasies of him. I just hope Neil is not gay.

Posted by: Amanda | Nov 2, 2006 10:55:28 AM

11. Amanda baby you are frighteningly delusional. My seven year old niece concluded NPH was gay after seeing him on stage (and he was playing a straight character). That said, I do not believe that NPH has himself denied he is gay. He certainly comports himself as a gay man on the streets of Manhattan. This thread reports the contortions of his publicist.

Posted by: rudy | Nov 2, 2006 11:00:53 AM

12. I'm sorry but if anyone is 'dated' it's teddyboy. As recently as mid Sept, during the Toronto Film Fest, Jake had once again expressed to his ' team' that he wanted to be out, he was in love and didn't care who knew it.

Posted by: secretagentman | Nov 2, 2006 11:06:34 AM

13. Jakey is the Moby Dick of the gay world with millions of Ahabs in pursuit.

Posted by: Anon | Nov 2, 2006 11:19:01 AM

14. Chris Meloni flirts with the gays? Hot.

To be honest, I'd rather have Bobby Cannavale.

Actually, I'd like to be in a Meloni/Cannavale sandwich.

Posted by: Tread | Nov 2, 2006 11:39:25 AM

15. Amanda... homosexual lifestyle? WTF? I know you're a right-winger when you use "homosexual" instead of "gay".

Sorry, girl, but that glass was shattered long ago.

Posted by: Tread | Nov 2, 2006 11:42:19 AM

16. Secret Agent: Your fan fic is really dated! Toronto Film fest? I assume you are talking about last year because Jakey didn't attend the Toronto film fest this year, he had nothing to pimp. He was in TX hanging with Lance and Matt and then to NY in Sept. So if he allegdly expressed to his "team" his desire to come out, it was over a year ago when Teddy's BS fan fic was in full swing. The latest BS is that he is never EVER coming out oh, yeah that and he is sleeping with HW bigwigs for better parts and doing coke as well! It sounds like the original TT has morphed into someone else!

Teddy has lied so much that he has forgotted who this BS blind item is about.
    BTW, I have seen Mr. Gyllenhaal and Ms. Caruso here in NY and it's legit.

PS: Harris is GAY, GAY, GAY!!

Posted by: Um, Yeah | Nov 2, 2006 11:52:50 AM

17. secretagentman, Jake wasn't at this years Toronto Film Festival. So that "info" seems very dated. Ted Casablanca is dated and a pathetic scumbag who has a hardon for "Toothy Tile". He has made the "clues" to try and fit Jake G. Except they keep getting more farfetched and ridiculous. So I think Ted is full of shit. Even if Jake is gay or bi I wouldn't look to Ted C. to have the truth. And yes Jake has been seen in NYC with Greta Caruso.

Posted by: TS | Nov 2, 2006 11:59:31 AM

18. As for being OT, NPH has been seen with his bf by lots of people. So, I don't know about this "denial" from his "people". ContactMusic is a trashy gossip site that isn't known for being a reliable source.

Posted by: TS | Nov 2, 2006 12:05:05 PM

19. I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. I didn't say Jake was in Toronto during the festival, but I did hang with his team, who were here.

Posted by: secretagentman | Nov 2, 2006 12:19:17 PM

20. NPH = GAY.
    Went to his yard sale not too long ago, very nice guy, but definitely not straight.

Posted by: Alexa | Nov 2, 2006 12:56:29 PM

21. Ted C has always maintained that TT was bi, so dating women is a distinct possibility. Did he ever reveal his nickname for Lance after he came out? If so, what was it?

Posted by: Anon | Nov 2, 2006 1:48:31 PM

22. Uh, oh! Perez is pissed!

BTW: W. Miller os gayer than a pink plastic flamingo. If any team is nervous about their client coming out it's Wentworth's people. And Doogie, please Stevie Wonder can see that you are gay!

Posted by: Rob roy | Nov 2, 2006 2:26:11 PM

23. NPH is a very nice guy and a very good actor. I've seen him in several plays including Sweeney Todd and Romeo and Juliet he was excellent. He's also the best thing on that sitcom he's on now. Whether he's out publicly or not he does not deserve the nastiness some of you bitches have been slinging at him. You people really need some perspective.

Posted by: Daniel | Nov 2, 2006 2:32:30 PM

24. ask Aaron Carter if doogie did him

Posted by: dc8 | Nov 2, 2006 3:25:34 PM

25. These comments are addictive. At least NPH busts the myth that all gay guys are cute.

Wentworth Miller! Scofield from Prison Break?! I think I'm going to faint. My girls and I watch that show every Monday. He is such a wet dream. Dammit! Umm, are we sure about him?

Posted by: Bomba | Nov 2, 2006 10:14:34 PM