California | Jake Gyllenhaal | News

BigGayDeal.com

Jake Gyllenhaal Flees Fire at Inn, Assists Recovery

MankasA fire broke out at Manka's Inverness Lodge in Marin County early Wednesday after a tree fell on the structure. The local fire chief called it a total loss.

Jake Gyllenhaal and sister Maggie were staying at the inn for Christmas. Guests were seen running outside at around 2:43 am. Said a neighbor: "They weren't dressed to come out. It was early."

Daniel DeLong, chef and co-owner, said Gyllenhaal assisted with recovery efforts: "Jake was helping me pull things out of the fire."

Other well-known guests at the inn were Frances McDormand and husband Joel Coen. No injuries were reported.

Comments

1. Frances McDormand is married to famous (but apparently not enough to get his name spelled correctly) director Joel COEN.

Posted by: Buster | Dec 28, 2006 12:50:56 PM

2. thanks for the correction Buster!

Posted by: andy | Dec 28, 2006 12:53:13 PM

3. Thanks for the news. I didn't think anyone else cared for Gyllenhack like I do.

Posted by: 000000 | Dec 28, 2006 1:11:26 PM

4. I don't know what I would do if my house caught on fire and the fireman who rescued me looked like Jake!

Posted by: gay is the new straight | Dec 28, 2006 1:16:50 PM

5. Jake can do no wrong. Regardless of his sexuality, he's just a decent human being. That rates first in my book.

Posted by: Mark | Dec 28, 2006 1:26:50 PM

6. Jake in a burning bldg at 3AM, fast asleep!?!?!
    The thought of anything happening to a single hair on Jake's...body, sends me into fits!!!!Glad he helped out. Glad no one was hurt. But Jake being in danger really bothers me...way more than it should. Guess it's love!

Posted by: anon | Dec 28, 2006 2:03:06 PM

7. Well, I know where I'll be spending Christmas next year...assuming, of course, the inn has been rebuilt.

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 28, 2006 5:28:36 PM

8. Jake is the real deal!

Posted by: kent | Dec 28, 2006 6:22:15 PM

9. Glad everyone was okay despite the damage. Jake is fantastic for helping out, love him!

000000, what is your problem? If you hate Jake so much the mature thing to do would be to scroll past posts about him, instead of posting your bitterness. This is Andy's blog and he can post what he wants and if you don't like it, go past it.

Posted by: DS | Dec 28, 2006 7:16:42 PM

10. Hm, are we sure it was a tree and not a jet engine?

Posted by: Rob (lrdarystar) | Dec 28, 2006 8:04:54 PM

11. He's just an exceptional human being. How many of these spoiled Hollywood fucking brats do you think would have done the same thing? Big fat ZERO. Jake is just amazing in every way. He was brought up right.

Posted by: devilgirl | Dec 28, 2006 10:15:25 PM

12. Nice of you to apply your unsolicited advice to reading my posts, D5. I didn't know the prerequisite for an opinion was spending all of 2006 masturbating to Brokeback Mountain.

Posted by: 000000 | Dec 29, 2006 2:41:13 AM

13. "D5. I didn't know the prerequisite for an opinion was spending all of 2006 masturbating to Brokeback Mountain.

Posted by: 000000 | Dec 29, 2006 2:41:13 AM"

Hehe, comedy :-}

I'm with 000000 on this one. Jake seems like a cool guy and all, but he's not all that (ditto for Matthew McConaughey). Plus, Brokeback Mountain--a little underwhelming when measured up against some of the truly great gay cinema of the last couple decades. I'm sick of straight actors getting gay accolades for having the "bravery" to kiss another man and have simulated gay sex on screen. That's not bravery. It's acting. I know Brokeback's probably done a lot of good for men in the closet, but I don't have much praise for it or its principal actors.

Andy, this is your blog and you have the right to post about whoever you want, but the straight pro-athletes and actors bit is getting kind of old. There's some really hot, really talented gay/bisexual entertainers, models, and athletes out there that I think you would find worthy of a post or two.

Posted by: Dex | Dec 29, 2006 3:27:04 AM

14. "Nice of you to apply your unsolicited advice to reading my posts, D5. I didn't know the prerequisite for an opinion was spending all of 2006 masturbating to Brokeback Mountain.

Posted by: 000000 | Dec 29, 2006 2:41:13 AM"

Oh, please, give me a break. *rolls eyes*

Posted by: DS | Dec 29, 2006 7:35:51 AM

15. Isn't it against the law or something not to run a steamy picture of Jakey when doing a story on him? Maybe I'm wrong...

Posted by: RSL | Dec 29, 2006 10:30:29 AM

16. "Hm, are we sure it was a tree and not a jet engine?"

I got your pop culture reference Rob, even if no one else did ;)

Posted by: mark m | Dec 29, 2006 1:44:40 PM

17. Oh and I just made some fresh haterade if anyone wants some.

Posted by: mark m | Dec 29, 2006 1:45:44 PM

18. Hehehehehehe... Mark M... "haterade"... Can I use that little gem of a word for the rest of my life? Hysterical! :-)

Posted by: Brian | Dec 29, 2006 6:25:55 PM

19. LOVE Haterade!

The Vocabulero's and I have been busy using a line this year for diffusing all the haters...

Someone says something biting and hate filled.

Vocabulero: Plink, plonk, plink...
    Hater: What are you doing?
    Vocabulero: That you sitting in the corner playing your bitar! (bitter+sitar)

Works a charm. Happy New year!

Posted by: Br!on | Dec 29, 2006 8:28:35 PM

20. Haterade - I can't take credit for it. I think someone else on this blog used it before I did. My apologies to that person (I can't remember your name).

Bitar.... LOL.