Auctions | Brokeback Mountain | Film | Jake Gyllenhaal | News

Jake Gyllenhaal's Brokeback Cowboy Hat for Sale on eBay

Jacktwisthat

At the time of this posting, the hat worn by Jack Twist in Brokeback Mountain has passed the $5,000 mark, with five days still to go. Proceeds benefit Variety Children's Charity of Southern California.

I just learned that the jacket Ennis wore is also up for auction, and compared to the hat it's a steal right now for just over $1,000. This auction goes to benefit L.A.'s Outfest film festival.

And if you've been wondering what the man himself has been up to (and I know some of you have), he was spotted earlier this week giving a shout-out to the Texas Longhorns.

Jg1_1 Jg2_2

Comments

1. You mean a shout out to Matthew?

Posted by: gay is the new straight | Dec 13, 2006 2:24:23 PM

2. Isn't Matthew McConnaughey a big fan of the Longhorns?

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 13, 2006 2:25:10 PM

3. Boy knows how to wear a tee shirt!

Andy - Why do you have an ad link from the US Army at the bottom of the ad listing? And why would they advertise on this site?

Posted by: Donald | Dec 13, 2006 2:30:46 PM

4. Donald,

Don't ask. They won't tell.

Posted by: CF | Dec 13, 2006 2:40:37 PM

5. Hook 'em Horns!!!!!!!

Posted by: Blair | Dec 13, 2006 2:44:26 PM

6. Is he wearing clogs?????

Posted by: hoya86 | Dec 13, 2006 2:44:45 PM

7. Donald, the very bottom ad in the vertical bar of ads is not sold directly by Towleroad. It comes from Google. It's generated automatically, matched to the site based on keywords in the content of the blog. The Army paid to have the ad displayed on sites with certain (many) keywords.

I bet the keyword hit was "Longhorns."

Posted by: 24play | Dec 13, 2006 3:05:19 PM

8. Damn! you can his abs so clearly. Andy, You should send him a t-shirt to model.

Posted by: JT | Dec 13, 2006 3:38:34 PM

9. surprised to spot he's still sporting one of those lemming AmWay rubber wristbands.

Posted by: A.J. | Dec 13, 2006 4:15:52 PM

10. This guy is seriously hot. He is one of the few str8 male stars I really like.
    No, I don't buy into the gay theme of ....if you play gay and your cute and hot, your secretly gay......bullshit. If your being paid 5 to 20 million bucks for a couple months of your time, you'll play a fairy Godmother if need be.

Posted by: joshua | Dec 13, 2006 5:10:12 PM

11. I'm loving the UT shirt.

Posted by: Steven | Dec 13, 2006 5:14:32 PM

12. OK, I've been meaning to say this for months. What is it with the Gyllenhaal obsession. No other actor has been featured on this site in such volume. Who cares what game he went to last week, or when he went for lunch with his mom. It borders on invasion of privacy. It encourages papparazzi. And, it decreases his hotness if we look at him all the time. Lay off.

Posted by: MIKE | Dec 13, 2006 5:54:21 PM

13. Loves them Jakey photos. Can't get enough of the Gyllenhaal cutie. And I don't mean Maggie!

Posted by: yum | Dec 13, 2006 6:17:27 PM

14. I was practically president of team Jake for the longest. I even fell for him back when he was "Bubble Boy", but it seems like every gay site on God's green earth ruffles its own glittery feathers every time the boy cocks his head now.

...not that I blame them.

but, it does get a bit redundant.

Posted by: Derrick | Dec 13, 2006 7:04:58 PM

15. Ditto Mike's comment. Loved Gyllenhall as an actor - embarassed at the school girl fawning on the site. Andy's free to post whatever he likes as it's his site, but seriously - give this guy some room.

Posted by: resurrect | Dec 13, 2006 8:46:15 PM

16. I feel kinda bad that Jake has paparazzi following him around everywhere and that he has such a hard time finding privacy.

But I REALLY enjoy looking at him. He's just too cute and has one of the best smiles on the planet. I wish he'd schedule a little time to do photoshoots and put some fan media out there regularly. Then I could drool without feeling guilty and could properly admonish sites who contribute to the invasion of privacy. ;)

Posted by: sparks | Dec 13, 2006 9:17:25 PM

17. I was sorta cringing, until I got to the part about how these things are benefitting charities. That's, y'know ... sorta cool.

Posted by: Red7Eric | Dec 13, 2006 10:51:18 PM

18. As hot as Jake looks in these photos, my heart will always skip a beat when I see him as "Jack F***ing Twist", as Ennis called him on occasion... I miss how things were a year ago -- all the talk about BBM, sold-out shows everywhere.... No matter how many 'mainstream' gay-themed movies there will be in the future, nothing will compare to the time of BBM.

Posted by: k | Dec 14, 2006 1:15:26 AM

19. I think it's nice that Andy Towle sells things to help out needy charities.

Posted by: 000000 | Dec 14, 2006 1:48:40 AM

20. Man some of you whine! It's Andy's site, and if he like The Gyllenhaal he has every right to post about him. Skip the section if you're not interested.

Post away, Andy!

Posted by: EM | Dec 14, 2006 1:03:47 PM

21. I think the shoes he's wearing are Haflingers...German made...i wear their slippers & have those "clogs" he has on...very comfortable

NOW...my question is...when are they going to leave this guy alone?......enough already.give him some privacy!

Posted by: tc | Dec 14, 2006 11:53:51 PM

22. Well, Andy, this is hardly an appropriate way to celebrate the one year-one week anniversary of BBM's release.

The clogs ain't new. He's been 'razzi'd w them on them before.

Posted by: hadassah | Dec 15, 2006 6:30:03 PM