Andy Roddick | Australia | News | Sports | Tennis

BigGayDeal.com

Andy Roddick Finds His Mojo in 2007

Roddick1

Just days after trouncing world #1 Roger Federer to win the Kooyong classic in Melbourne, Andy Roddick hit the court to practice for the Australian open. Fans were treated to a bit more Roddick than usual, as seems to be the case when Roddick is preparing for this tournament.

Click to enlarge. More shots after the jump...

Roddick2 Roddick3

Roddick4 Roddick5

Roddick6

You may have missed...
Andy Roddick Licked His Opponent Over the Weekend [tr]
The Roddick Warm Up [tr]
Sunday Tennis: Roddick's Return [tr]

Comments

1. He's hotness has been on the wane for awhile now. The bloom is off the rose for me.

Posted by: ousslander | Jan 15, 2007 10:30:06 AM

2. I come to your site everyday, i enjoy it greatly. I have never posted before but thought I would here. I am a HUGE tennis fan and I felt I needed to correct you a bit. Andy, did indeed beat Roger the other day... but it was pretty close 3 set match at an exhibition tournament and to be fair, Roger was practicing a lot of things in the match he would never do in a real match... the word 'trounce' does not work here - better: Andy squeeked this one out. Be well guys.

Posted by: Chuck | Jan 15, 2007 1:11:59 PM

3. I couldn't agree more - when Roddick surfaced a couple years ago, he was 21 - and let's face it, they're all cute at that age. I'm not saying I'd refuse a date with him, but he's certainly not as cute as he used to be...

Posted by: A | Jan 15, 2007 1:12:38 PM

4. Note the matching blue trim on the racket, the shoes and his rubberband bracelet... was Tim Gunn seen courtside?

This is only the second time he's beat Federer, so it's a huge psyche boost. And it was 6-2, 3-6, 6-3, a solid win for Andy, not a 'squeeker.'

Posted by: Hellyeah | Jan 15, 2007 1:31:55 PM

5. The more I look at Andy Roddick, the less attractive I find him. I have to admit, however, that last shot, the one of him serving, highlights a pretty sexy armpit.

Posted by: peterparker | Jan 15, 2007 1:33:26 PM

6. Why all of the manscaping?? Let it grow Andy, let grow...

Posted by: Wayne | Jan 15, 2007 1:52:09 PM

7. Um. Okay then. I still think he's delicious. And I'm quite happy to not have the competition.

Posted by: WestVillageKid | Jan 15, 2007 2:53:25 PM

8. Andy is looking hot. Practise has an s when being used as a verb.

Posted by: Mikey | Jan 15, 2007 3:05:42 PM

9. No, Andy's right. Practice has a c as a verb in the U.S. I think the s might be the British spelling.

Posted by: GBM | Jan 15, 2007 3:58:32 PM

10. for all you jaded individuals....the real question is.....***would Andy take ANY of you***
    lmao

Posted by: Joshua | Jan 15, 2007 5:08:40 PM

11. i'll correct that, not a squeeker... however 1 break of serve in the 3rd set is hardly a trouncing. that was really my point. good win for him, and his prep for the Ausiie Open. I am pulling for him to do well. he is way over due. but who bets against Fed when it really counts?

Posted by: Chuck | Jan 15, 2007 5:21:56 PM

12. Thanks for the photos of Andy, Andy. :)

Lookin' hot down under.

Posted by: Mike | Jan 15, 2007 6:35:20 PM

13. I think Marat Safin is pretty cool;(even though he's Russian...)

Posted by: John | Jan 15, 2007 9:58:08 PM

14. roddick is a homophobe and an asshole. let's stop celebrating him.

Posted by: holdensf | Jan 16, 2007 10:03:47 AM

15. Kooyong was an exhibition tournament. A hit-and-giggle event.

No ATP ranking points were at stake.

So the result doesn't count. Roddick's record against Federer remains a dismal 1-12

Posted by: Ste | Jan 16, 2007 11:48:50 AM

16. the 3-set drubbing that Andy got from Federer in the Aussie Open semis is really embarrassing.

Posted by: WetBoxersGuy | Jan 26, 2007 4:30:44 PM

17. Now when talking about trouncing a better example would be somebody beating somebody with a a score of, let's say 6:4, 6:0, 6:2. Oh wait that's the score of Roger Federer's win over Andy Roddick in the Aussie Open semis before Rog went on to win his 10th Slam. Oh and Dandy Andy's record against Roger is now 1 win - 13 losses. Sports are obviously not towelroad's strength. Stick to entertainment gossip please...

Posted by: david | Jan 29, 2007 9:37:51 PM