Comments

1. Chuck says

I come to your site everyday, i enjoy it greatly. I have never posted before but thought I would here. I am a HUGE tennis fan and I felt I needed to correct you a bit. Andy, did indeed beat Roger the other day… but it was pretty close 3 set match at an exhibition tournament and to be fair, Roger was practicing a lot of things in the match he would never do in a real match… the word ‘trounce’ does not work here – better: Andy squeeked this one out. Be well guys.

2. A says

I couldn’t agree more – when Roddick surfaced a couple years ago, he was 21 – and let’s face it, they’re all cute at that age. I’m not saying I’d refuse a date with him, but he’s certainly not as cute as he used to be…

3. Hellyeah says

Note the matching blue trim on the racket, the shoes and his rubberband bracelet… was Tim Gunn seen courtside?

This is only the second time he’s beat Federer, so it’s a huge psyche boost. And it was 6-2, 3-6, 6-3, a solid win for Andy, not a ‘squeeker.’

4. peterparker says

The more I look at Andy Roddick, the less attractive I find him. I have to admit, however, that last shot, the one of him serving, highlights a pretty sexy armpit.

5. Chuck says

i’ll correct that, not a squeeker… however 1 break of serve in the 3rd set is hardly a trouncing. that was really my point. good win for him, and his prep for the Ausiie Open. I am pulling for him to do well. he is way over due. but who bets against Fed when it really counts?

6. Ste says

Kooyong was an exhibition tournament. A hit-and-giggle event.

No ATP ranking points were at stake.

So the result doesn’t count. Roddick’s record against Federer remains a dismal 1-12

7. david says

Now when talking about trouncing a better example would be somebody beating somebody with a a score of, let’s say 6:4, 6:0, 6:2. Oh wait that’s the score of Roger Federer’s win over Andy Roddick in the Aussie Open semis before Rog went on to win his 10th Slam. Oh and Dandy Andy’s record against Roger is now 1 win – 13 losses. Sports are obviously not towelroad’s strength. Stick to entertainment gossip please…