Advertising | David Beckham | Football | News | Spain | Sports

David Beckham Plays Prince Charming for Walt Disney

Becks

David Beckham plays Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty in this image that was released by Disney today. It's a promo for Disney Park's Year of a Million Dreams celebration.

Pc2 Pc3

Annie Leibowitz shot the image at Burguillo Lake in Spain, near Madrid in mid-December.

Pc4

It's not the first time Beckham has worked with Leibowitz. She also shot the moody campaign for his fragrance, Instinct.

Pc5 Pc6

I think he plays the part quite well. But is there a part for Victoria in all this?

See the other shots from the campaign here.

Comments

1. I don't get it. What's he endorsing? A new movie? The disney brand? The newest in fashion capes? I'm lost. :-(

Posted by: rich | Jan 26, 2007 4:01:43 PM

2. It's just their current ad campaign for their parks, Rich.

Posted by: Desideratum | Jan 26, 2007 4:03:07 PM

3. Not a huge fan of his, but the histori-fantasia get-up makes me hot. Is that weird?

Posted by: GM | Jan 26, 2007 4:11:01 PM

4. GM: maybe you were maid Marion in a past life? ...or...er...this life?

Posted by: rich | Jan 26, 2007 4:18:44 PM

5. Theres a whole ad campaign with celebrities as disney characters..I was just on another site and Beyonce as Alice in Wonderland popped up.

Posted by: Chris | Jan 26, 2007 4:25:24 PM

6. Theres a whole ad campaign with celebrities as disney characters..I was just on another site and Beyonce as Alice in Wonderland popped up.

Posted by: Chris | Jan 26, 2007 4:27:46 PM

7. Love becks... He's hot (almost as hot as Andy)... and can save me from a fire breathing dragon any day.

Posted by: BRad | Jan 26, 2007 4:38:00 PM

8. Disney in damage control. They have been exposed as a hydra for the right-wing and they are trying to get celebrities images to hide the true nature of the Disney brand. If evil was ugly would anyone go near it?

Posted by: ggreen | Jan 26, 2007 4:45:01 PM

9. It must be interesting to go through life looking at everything as a conspiracy or cover up.

Posted by: Desideratum | Jan 26, 2007 4:52:56 PM

10. Ggreen, like I posted earlier in a different thread, I find it interesting that Disney is now considered a puppet/tool of the right wing, when it used to be considered horrifyingly liberal in the 90's for its positions on domestic partner benefits and other pro-glbt policies.

Posted by: Jason | Jan 26, 2007 5:00:09 PM

11. In light of all the crap that Disney and ABC have been pulling lately -
    1) Getting Spocko's Brain blog removed because he showed their advertisers at KSFO what sociopaths ABC Radio is promoting in San Francisco,
    2) Glenn Beck on GMA
    3) Letting Faux News run scenes from the 'Path to 9/11' "Docudrama" and tout it as factual, refusing to enforce their copyrights as they did with Spocko (Spocko made the mistake of targetting repubs. Path to 9/11 only smears Patriotic Democratic Americans.)
    4) Isaiah Washington (ABC didn't step in until it was clear they faced a financial hit from the gay and other civilly-minded communities

...it's gonna be real tough for me to give any more money or other support to these folks.

I don't know if even offering free rides ON Beckham would help...

Posted by: MikeinSanJose | Jan 26, 2007 5:00:57 PM

12. I cannot for the life of me figure out where I just saw the Beyonce one..Id really like to see the full version of the Beyonce one and the Scarlett one too.

Posted by: Chris | Jan 26, 2007 5:14:15 PM

13. I wish he wasn't coming to America. I am already sick of hearing about him.

Posted by: phil | Jan 26, 2007 5:17:54 PM

14. You mean Victoria isn't playing Maleficent?

Posted by: kitchenbeard | Jan 26, 2007 5:29:10 PM

15. You mean Victoria isn't playing Maleficent?

Posted by: kitchenbeard | Jan 26, 2007 5:29:43 PM

16. Its the main ad on Yahoo.com right now - It looks like Lyle Lovett is sitting next to Beyonce in a teacup - there is another picture of Scarlett Johansson in a gown running down a flight of stairs.

Posted by: Jake | Jan 26, 2007 5:36:24 PM

17. What do you mean? Isn't that Victoria all in white?

Posted by: David | Jan 26, 2007 5:40:16 PM

18. Yeah, they lost me there...Beckham, Beyonce and Scarlett Johanson..and then they have Lyle Lovett and Oliver Platt in the Beyonce one..How did those 2 sneak on the set? I thought they said international celebrities..

Posted by: Chris | Jan 26, 2007 5:46:07 PM

19. Annie, Annie, Annie... (sigh)

Posted by: Daniel | Jan 26, 2007 5:48:26 PM

20. Have any of you heard him speak?

I saw him in an interview and the illusion was BUSTED. His voice is so high pitched and fem that drag queens have butcher voices.

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jan 26, 2007 5:49:15 PM

21. PS

he actualy does LISP.....so sad....

hunt up some of his old interviews on You tube...You will loose all respect for him being a man

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jan 26, 2007 5:50:47 PM

22. oops I vomited

Posted by: Eric | Jan 26, 2007 6:14:24 PM

23. I think he's one of the handsomest (and peaceful--do you ever hear him speak?) celebrities we have. I can't wait to see what becomes of him over here.

As for his wife, she's just not pretty enough (by America's standards of beauty). Her pig nose, that attitude and that sulky face are not going to cut it here in the states.

Posted by: Ben | Jan 26, 2007 6:21:46 PM

24. Posh and Becks are great...so looking forward to Becks first season here in LA...I think that he is super hot and I think she is very pretty...if you don't like some media version of her that's fine, but attacking her looks is kind of cheap

Posted by: Tyler | Jan 26, 2007 6:40:07 PM

25. Are you fuckin' kidding me about this? Usually I don't bitch like a queen about anything Disney Parks does but this is just too over the top for me.

Posted by: Micoofy Duck | Jan 26, 2007 6:40:16 PM