Advertising | David Beckham | Football | News | Spain | Sports

David Beckham Plays Prince Charming for Walt Disney

Becks

David Beckham plays Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty in this image that was released by Disney today. It's a promo for Disney Park's Year of a Million Dreams celebration.

Pc2 Pc3

Annie Leibowitz shot the image at Burguillo Lake in Spain, near Madrid in mid-December.

Pc4

It's not the first time Beckham has worked with Leibowitz. She also shot the moody campaign for his fragrance, Instinct.

Pc5 Pc6

I think he plays the part quite well. But is there a part for Victoria in all this?

See the other shots from the campaign here.

Comments

1. "he actualy does LISP.....so sad...."

Actually on the right dude a little lisp can be pretty sexy. Beckham used to take a lot of abuse from english soccer hooligans because of his pretty boy looks/likes which is something most 'mos can relate to on some level.

He's probably going to get a lot of crap this side of the pond as well but personally I dig that he is a kick ass player AND a total fashion whore (Posh is just theater to me) but then I am a city boy who hasn't been eaten by the bears so...

Posted by: Giovanni | Jan 26, 2007 6:42:34 PM

2. Yike! Is it really necessary to subject Annie Liebowitz to such ham-fisted Photoshop shading? If Disney is reading this, I'll do the job next time for half the price. ;)

Posted by: John C | Jan 26, 2007 6:47:45 PM

3. ABC/Disney has been trying to buy influence in American politics and has been largely successful. Disney and its subsidiaries spent over one billion dollars from 1992 to the present to ensure that Mickey Mouse NEVER becomes a public domain character. The have spent lots more on influencing elections at Federal, State and local levels to ensure its continued profits.

Posted by: ggreen | Jan 26, 2007 8:01:45 PM

4. Jimmy, why would we lose all respect for him as a man? Because he talks with a lisp (one which I don't really hear, btw)?!? Lame.

Posted by: Je | Jan 26, 2007 8:46:16 PM

5. when I was a boy in school...they all diagnosed me with having a speech impairment and on they sent me to speech therapy..they tortured me in that school!!....I had to learn how to put the tip of my tongue on the pallet of my mouth..ok what I'm getting at it.....I'm willing(volunteeer my time) to give lessons to Becks....except I'll probably be sticking my tongue down his throat....I've never heard him speak & that's probably the reason they don't let him speak

Posted by: tc | Jan 26, 2007 8:52:29 PM

6. Becks WAS a kick ass player, he is coming to america as all the experts are saying because he is a little long in the tooth to compete anymore on the world market. Thus the turn to the american soccer market which is nothing compared to the rest of the world.

Hey, on the lisp fem and SUPER high pitched voice of his....hey, shouldn't be trying to make him a sex symbol. The moment his high pitched, nasaly, lispy, fem voice speaks...the illusion is broken.

He is attractive for a blonde, I prefer dark haired guys, but the vopice ruins it all

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jan 26, 2007 9:55:36 PM

7. I WANT TO SEX HIM!!!!!!!!

all of you who are complaining about his voice are delusional.

I don't find his voice high pitched at all, i find it very peaceful...a little mumbly but that's fine with me. I also LOVE his british accent

He needs to leave Victoria and let me be his little woman cheering him on from the side lines.

Posted by: steve | Jan 27, 2007 1:17:52 AM

8. David Beckham Contributes to Global Warming
    (UPI)

Scientists at North Dakota State University have discovered that the Greenland ice cap and portions of Glacier National Park are melting. They have traced the cause to David Beckham's smile. His smile is also being blamed for lighting up the northern hemisphere.

Posted by: JT | Jan 27, 2007 9:45:30 AM

9. get over him already

My goodness

He isn't that great anymore as a soccer player, there are many younger soccer players on the world stage much better than he.

His voice is high pitched, nasaly, lispy, and fem which destroys the illusion created by PR people to make him a sex symbol

Oh yeah, as a possible scientoligist (tom and katie are trying to convert there best friends) he will view all of us as deranged. Scientology sees us gays as a having a mental abnormality that they can cure.

To lust after a guy who is best friends of a notorious scientologist who thinks we are all deranged, seen in public reading (there are tons of pics of him and vic) L. Ron Hubbard's book (L. Ron said gays are all mentaly sick), and quite possibly a convert very soon to a wacky religion that thinks it can cure us makes all of you beckam lusters out to be foolish.

Get over the now too old to compete in the world soccer market possible homophobe with the lispy high pitched voice.

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jan 27, 2007 4:23:22 PM

10. I thought Becks and Tom were an item and had the Mrs' as hags for the media. God knows Katie and Vic wouldn't be smart enough to catch on to that plot. There's something rotten in Denmark....it just looks too good to be true. And what is with Scientologists fight against psychiatry? If anyone needs a good shrink it's Tom Cruise! He acts much stranger than I ever do off my meds...which is pretty damn bad.

Posted by: patrick | Jan 27, 2007 8:26:30 PM

11. I need your help! All you have to do is click on the link BELOW
    and give my boyfriend CLARK FELGNER a 10!

He is running for GENRE MAGAZINES MAN OF THE YEAR
    and every 10 VOTE counts! CLICK HERE:

VOTE FOR CLARK

Thank you so much, he deserves to WIN!

Posted by: Joe | Jan 27, 2007 9:30:20 PM

12. OH HUSH jimmyboyo!!!!

He is sexy

and he is not going the scientologist route. He also likes gay people, he posed on the cover of a gay mens magazine and is best friends with Elton John so take that!!

Posted by: steve | Jan 29, 2007 1:23:49 AM

13. Steve, why do you hate yoursef?

Tell vic to stope getting her picture taken in public while carrying around a Dianetics book.

Oh I forgot, you always give the generic conservative view so that explains why you are a self hating gay guy who lusts after those who support the idea that we are ,mentaly deranged. L.Ron Hubbard taught that we had a mental sickness and Vic carries his book around in public alot.

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Jan 29, 2007 8:56:26 AM