"Ex-Gays" | Ben Affleck | California | Gay Marriage | Gay Youth | JAmes Dobson | Laguna Beach | New York | News | Nightlife | Phoenix | Rhode Island | Transportation

BigGayDeal.com

News: Oprah on Ellen, Condoms, Ben Affleck, Laguna Beach

road.jpg In the latest attempt to save Laguna Beach's Boom Boom Room, the longtime cornerstone of gay nightlife in that SoCal getaway, community activists hauled 1,200 pages of signatures into a City Council meeting on wheelbarrows. They collected 6,000 signatures from supporters hoping to protect the landmark.

Benaffleck_1road.jpg Ben Affleck on his recent colonic irrigation: "I lost my virginity all over again that day, in so many ways. I don’t think I will be having it done again."

road.jpg Clear Channel rejects billboard for Focus on the Family's "ex-gay" conference Love Won Out in Phoenix. The billboard was to read: "I questioned homosexuality: Change is Possible, Discover How."

road.jpg Man held after threatening youth and program staff at gay center in Berkeley, California: "The man allegedly kicked in the Pacific Center's glass front door in Berkeley and sent four e-mail death threats over the past three weeks, said Berkeley police spokesman Ed Galvan." The man allegedly participated in youth programs at the center 10 years ago.

road.jpg Oprah Winfrey to make guest appearance on Ellen on February 22.

Nyccondomsroad.jpg Make love on a real train: New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene launches its own brand of mass transit-themed condoms.

road.jpg Valentine's Hell: Passengers held hostage on Jet blue for 10 hours.

road.jpg Activists at Rhode Island statehouse gay marriage rally unveil series of bills that would give gays and lesbians many of the rights of married couples: "One bill would protect same-sex couples from being forced to testify against each other in court. Other proposals would allow gay spouses to take family leave from their jobs and grant gay men and women the legal authority to make funeral arrangements when their partners die. Gay marriage supporters said the new incremental approach reflects the stated opposition to gay marriage from Democratic leaders in the House and Senate, as well as from Republican Gov. Don Carcieri."

Comments

1. I don't get this whole Boom Boom Room movement. Granted, I've never been. Just that I'm guessing the reason it's being closed is because it isn't pulling in the $$'s. Why sign a petition. Why not simply become regulars and make the things worth keeping around?

I'm just saying....

Posted by: DP | Feb 15, 2007 11:53:46 AM

2. I love that NYC is pushing safe sex so thoroughly. With the current administration in power it is up to us at the local level to enact smart policies.

Posted by: 3 | Feb 15, 2007 11:58:59 AM

3. I used to go to the Pacific Center in Berkeley, CA many years ago. It was where I first came out and accepted that I was gay. It probably saved my life. The first thing I saw when I walked in was a poster of two shirtless gay men, one wrapped with the American flag, embracing and holding a condomn. That was powerful for someone who knew nothing about gays. I know it sounds silly, but it was so weird to see other gay people my age (I was 19 at the time). It was a time to grow and share.

Posted by: Big Dave | Feb 15, 2007 12:15:43 PM

4. Okay, say what you will, but Ben is SO friggin HOT in that picture! WOOF!

Posted by: Wayne | Feb 15, 2007 2:49:26 PM

5. I think everyone has inner/outer beauty.

Barton
    (5th day and counting of only making nice comments, or none at all)

Posted by: Barton | Feb 15, 2007 4:10:04 PM

6. If they collected 6000 signatures on 1200 pages, isn't that only five signatures per page? Sounds like a wasteful publicity stunt.

Posted by: Ken | Feb 15, 2007 4:20:52 PM

7. Okay, I don't think I need images of Affleck having this procedure run amok in my head.

Ooh, actually, now that they ARE running amok in my head it's not so bad. Damnit, I was all ready to be self righteous in my indignation about his story, now I'm just thinking about his cute bumm!

Posted by: Dave | Feb 15, 2007 4:29:15 PM

8. I can't wait to see Oprah on The Ellen Degeneres Show. It will be a reunion of sorts because Oprah played Ellen's psychiatrist for the Puppy episode where Ellen came out.

Save the Boom Boom Room!

Posted by: Jack! | Feb 15, 2007 4:29:43 PM

9. The Ex-Gay story has an interesting phrase "dissatified living homosexually" I've never heard the word before in my life.

Posted by: Dave | Feb 15, 2007 4:30:59 PM

10. I read somewhere that the New York Condom had its problems, it's too small, too expensive and comes with a roommate.

Posted by: mark | Feb 15, 2007 4:34:18 PM

11. LOL
    LOL
    LOL Ben Afleck LOL

i remember watching him on real Tim with Bill Maher and he said he honestly didn't have info on a certain subject and asked the other panelists to fill him in. Truly humble and honest and well informed on many other issues. A great liberal, not hard on the eyes, and funny to boot. Two thumbs up

Posted by: jimmyboyo | Feb 15, 2007 5:32:54 PM

12. so ben lost his virginity all over AGAIN, did he ? he may have told us more than he intended to with that comment. lord knows, i lose my virginity every time !

Posted by: el polacko | Feb 15, 2007 7:12:28 PM

13. I WOULD DRINK THIS MANS COLON JUICE!

I BET HIS ASS IS PINK AS A BUTTON!

NOW THAT HE"S ALL CLEANED OUT, I CAN FILL HIM UP WITH MY MAN MILK!

VOTE FOR ME: http://www.genremagazine.com/Genremen/vote.cfm?genreman_id=86

Posted by: Neil Grieves | Feb 15, 2007 9:24:00 PM

14. Held hostage and held due to the weather are two different things. That eye-grabbing headline was the cheapest thing I've ever seen on this site.

Posted by: Carlos | Feb 15, 2007 11:49:30 PM

15. ^^ You mean Andy has sold out? ;)

Posted by: Da | Feb 16, 2007 8:58:47 AM