Anderson Cooper | News | Underwear

BigGayDeal.com

Anderson Cooper Does Not Shower in His Underwear

The latest Anderson Cooper talk to hit the internet, thanks to Janet Charlton, is that the CNN news anchor showers in his underwear to avoid the possibility of having his manhood captured on a camera phone.

CooperIn the interest of correcting this claim, a source close to Towleroad who is also a member at the Time Warner Center Equinox gym and has seen Mr. Cooper in action reports that he does not shower in his underwear, but that he is one of those "towel wrap, slip the undies down underneath" kind of guys.

Tipster also reports that he is very, very pale but couldn't tell much else from "the view through the frosted glass door."

Or maybe that should be the frosted glass closet?

You may have missed...
Keith Olbermann Slams Anderson Cooper's Silence on Sexuality [tr]

Comments

1. aww, and here i thought he was an honest to god nevernude.

Posted by: GBM | Apr 25, 2007 12:24:23 PM

2. Okay this is just plain silly! Damn people. Let it go with the Cooper already. There are much more important issues than how this guy takes a shower.

hugs and kisses

Posted by: James | Apr 25, 2007 12:32:05 PM

3. I wish he would shower in MY underware.

Posted by: rich | Apr 25, 2007 12:38:02 PM

4. I'm all for celebrity news but this is a bit ridiculous.

Posted by: Michael | Apr 25, 2007 12:49:21 PM

5. Mmmmm ... Anderson Cooper in a towel ...

Posted by: Jake | Apr 25, 2007 12:50:13 PM

6. James and Michael,

Amen!

Posted by: gryphon773 | Apr 25, 2007 12:54:05 PM

7. My God - The man can't even work out and shower without a bunch of vultures circling. And people wonder why he's trying to keep his private life private! I'd hold on to any piece of myself (no pun intended) that I could to if I was wrapped in his towel.

Posted by: Steven | Apr 25, 2007 12:54:06 PM

8. if i had his wallet, i'd have a home gym.
    he's wise to be dodging camera phones.

Posted by: A.J. | Apr 25, 2007 1:05:52 PM

9. Gawd, he's a "towel-wrap, slide the undies down" guy? Maybe he IS straight. I hate when guys do that. I wanna ogle them the way they ogle chicks!

Posted by: Martin | Apr 25, 2007 1:05:53 PM

10. I'm sure that even through the frosted glass you could tell if the carpet matched the curtains.... Anybody know?

Posted by: B | Apr 25, 2007 1:10:08 PM

11. my sources say he's shaved, has a horse unit and a huge gage PA.

Posted by: Pugzz | Apr 25, 2007 1:14:49 PM

12. Martin, I've found that most guys who are petrified that someone might see their willies in the locker room are generally wise to keep it hidden! Honestly, though, it boggles the mind thst some grown boys have so many hang-ups with respect their bodies. Coop I can understand because someone would be liable to snap a pic and post it on the Internet.

Posted by: Jeff | Apr 25, 2007 1:29:53 PM

13. Steven,

I'm personally offended by your comment.

Off to rehab with you!

Posted by: Circling Vulture | Apr 25, 2007 1:30:32 PM

14. Given how far this little bit of nonsense has flown, can you imagine the circus if he actually came all the way out?

Posted by: Arthur | Apr 25, 2007 1:32:56 PM

15. Coop, undies, towels, showers. Thanks for making my day, yum.

Posted by: Matt | Apr 25, 2007 1:41:53 PM

16. Arthur: because I am emotionally connected to Mr. Cooper and try to be a supporter of his in the light of all the anti-Anderson crap and corruption, I won't make any nasty jokes about him coming all the way out and how little I appreciated it when he did.

Posted by: JT | Apr 25, 2007 1:48:39 PM

17. The rumor didn't make sense. Even if he showered in his undies, he'd have to change out of the wet ones and in to dry ones at some point while still in the locker room.

As for cell phone locker room pix on the internet, does this actually happen. Maybe I'm terribly naive, but I've never seen anyone take them and in all the time I've wasted on the internet, I've never come across them either.

Posted by: Tim | Apr 25, 2007 1:50:09 PM

18. thank you, god, for not making me hot & famous. or i should say, thanks for making me hot, but not famous.

Posted by: bmac | Apr 25, 2007 1:59:13 PM

19. If Anderson Cooper came out of the closet there would be no media circus because it would put an end to all the speculation about his sexual orientation. With that one little act, he'd take back all the power. Of course, I'd still wonder about the size of his unit, but that could also be easily solved if Mr. Cooper simply showed it to me.

Posted by: peterparker | Apr 25, 2007 2:11:16 PM

20. It wouldn't make any sense to shower in your underwear because you still would take that off when you get dressed. I still wouldn't mind taking a look at a naked Coop.

Posted by: kevin | Apr 25, 2007 2:33:51 PM

21. AC360 indeed.

Posted by: anon | Apr 25, 2007 2:38:54 PM

22. some people are beyond gossip. anderson cooper is such an incredible man who has done so many wonderful things for the american media. leave him alone. i personally don't care what he is . what i do know is that he has integrity, intelligence, courage and heart. end of story.

Posted by: lovethejared | Apr 25, 2007 2:42:09 PM

23. I found out I don't have the GPA to get into the colleges of my dreams, yet this some how helped? Oh this is not a good a sign. :[

Posted by: stephy | Apr 25, 2007 2:43:33 PM

24. What's up with all this Anderson Cooper business? Who cares? It really just pisses off a lot of gay men/activist that he is rich and famous and not out. The frosted glass closet lol. Can we say we are a little green with envy?

Posted by: Matt | Apr 25, 2007 2:55:20 PM

25. I dated Andy many many years ago and I can tell you that he's a grower and it grows to about 7 1/2 inches. I ain't complaining. He just never called me back. My loss definitely.

Posted by: Anon | Apr 25, 2007 2:56:39 PM