Jonathan Roberts Chest Wax on Dancing with the Stars

Dwts1

Dancing with the Stars has become a secret guilty pleasure for me. I resisted it for so long, but I seem to have been drawn in this season by a hidden tractor beam in Heather Mills’ leg. In any case, some may see this as a sign that ruthlessness to her partners isn’t limited to Paul McCartney (she forced Roberts to have the wax because he’s hairy and she thought a bare chest would be more appropriate for a Latin Samba) but it was the most interesting part of the show.

Dwts2

Dwts3

Dwts4

Dwts5

You may have missed…
Heather Mills was Hoping for a Gay Partner [tr]

Comments

1. says

Have you ever had a chest wax, Andy? “Interesting” is not the word I would describe it. More like “Can I please punch someone in the neck now?!” It is a very specific type of pain–I am tattooed and I find *chest-waxing* painful! :-)
    Also, what they didn’t show you with that guy is that 1-3 days afterwards your chest is totally covered in angry little red welts.

2. Bobby says

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The barbarians responsible for chest waxing should have their heads covered in honey and released to a group of starving bears.
    (the two legged kind) lol

3. bojobear says

OK, people… that does it!! I’m taking my new husband home now… and letting ALL that hair grow back, you hear !?! And you’re not getting to play with him ever again… EVER !!! He’s gonna play with guys who appreciate the PERFECT chest hair he has. (Thank god nobody’s mentioned his PERFECT ass… you people would probably shave it too!! Weirdos!!! Perverts!!!)

4. Gary says

She should be hanged for this crime. And Raze-just wait until you try to lick his nips. Your lips are going to be torn to shreds.

ABOLISH THE EPIL-LADIES!

5. Zeke says

I’m sorry but there always seems to be a very misandristic element to these televised chest waxings.

It’s always done by a woman and it is always done in a way that is degrading, demeaning and immasculating to the man (and men in general).

I find these cutesy little clips to be disgusting and terribly offensive. It’s like America’s obsession for seeing men hit, kicked, kneed or otherwise assaulted in the groin.

We wouldn’t be entertained or amused if a woman was on the receiving end of these stunts. I can’t imagine why anyone, especially gay men, should be amused or entertianed by seeing women demean, degrade and immasculate men.

And YES, I am a proud, unapologetic masculist.

6. Zeke says

Dave, women don’t get their legs waxed by men on national television.

I’ll assure you, if they did, there would be a national outcry about degrading and abusing women.

7. Charles says

Oh yawn.

Get over it, it will grow back. Probably thicker too.

And some of the comments exhibit misogyny anyway…and what’s with Zeke’s comment “I cant imagine why anyone, esp. gay men, should be amused or entertained by seeing women demean, degrade, emasculate men”-what, are women the sworn mortal enemies of gay men worldwide?

Strange.

8. says

eeww shes a gold digging cuntasourus BUT
    Chest hair is gross. The only place a guy should have hair is his face and that should be taken care of and his head.
    DOes anyone think the beckham nudes are real. I think he would be totally waxed take the pain like a woman no bitching beauty is pain.

9. Zeke says

Wow, Charles sees misogyny in my statements which were in no way anti-woman (I am as much a feminist as I am a masculist) but he sees nothing misandristic in that clip.

Strange indeed.

Charles, why don’t you try a little reading comprehension. NOTHING in my comment in any way suggested that I think women are the sworn enemies of men.

Why are you turning this into a personal attack on me based completely in misinformation and fallacies?

10. Zeke says

Strange indeed.

I don’t say this often but you are being a real ass.

11. pacificoceanboy says

The Gay species

^5

Chest hair is amazingly fun and beautiful, this from a twinkishly smooth chested male who prefers hairy chested men. hair on the ass is also fun, again i am smooth there. I wonder if my lack of body hair makes it more attractive to me, hmmmmmmm

Anyway; shoulder hair and back hair though is a-ok to shave off, laser, wax off any guy, But hands off the chest hair.

12. pacificoceanboy says

The Gay species

^5

13. pacificoceanboy says

Rp zeke is not making himself look foolish. Quite the contrary.

Anyway; I seem to have the double post bug as well. I swear I only hit the button once

14. Zeke says

RP, I was wrong on the Bush post, I admit that. I OFTEN publicly admit when I’m wrong. But how did I make myself look foolish again? And why the personal hard on for me?

15. Zeke says

And, by the way, I SERIOUSLY doubt that the majority of Towleroadies would agree with your assessment of me RP. I don’t think I have given most people here the impression that I’m foolish or misogynistic.

16. RP says

Zeke, yesterday, you attacked me for being patronizing when you were stubbornly arguing with me.

Then on this thread you were patronizing to Charles.

I don’t have a “hard on” for you. You just need to be more diligent in checking your facts and not be such a hypocrite in your posts.

Pacific, I was referring to Zeke contradicting himself with the patronizing comment he made towards Charles… not the double posts.

17. Zeke says

RP, I believe if you go to the two threads dedicated to the Vtech shootings you will find that I admitted that I was wrong and apologized personally to you on BOTH of them.

How was I patronizing to Charles? He accused me of saying things that I didn’t say, accused me of being a misogynist and told me to get over it. How was I supposed to respond to that?

18. C. says

How dumb… waxing long hair is like, the worst and most painful thing you can do. I’d have wax off any long hair. Short hair is a different question, but long?

OUCH!

19. Zeke says

Anon, I have nothing against RP. I usually agree with his comments. I made a bit of an ass of myself yesterday going after him for rightfully challenging me on some mistatements I made. I apologized to him personally and publicly on the thread where the offense took place and on the updated thread dedicated to the same topic. I can only assume that he didn’t see my apology prior to his last comment here.

20. Zeke says

Oh, and by the way, I like Charles too. I’m a bit perplexed by his commentary on my statement. I would think more people here would know me better than that by now.

21. says

This made me so sad. Each week I look foward to whatever peeks of chest hair Jonathan was showing and Heather went and runied that! Jonathan looked good smooth, but he’s way hot hairy. *Sigh*

22. Paul says

Oh, lighten-up, for Pete’s sake! This was obviously a stunt cooked-up by the writers, not Heather. And it gave us all a chance to see Jonathan with his shirt off, for which I, for one, am very grateful! He’s gorgeous with chest hair, he’s gorgeous smooth, and he’ll be gorgeous at all the stages in between.

23. Zeke says

I don’t think that’s necessarily true Anon.

Besides if they want smooth chests they can become lesbians and leave more of those hot hairy boys for the girls and gay men that will appreciate ’em. 😉

24. Carlos Beltran says

WAXING for guys is OVERRATED
    Being hairless is OVERRATED
    I love chest hair, I like smooth chests. They’re all good. I think I like a hairy chest more than a smooth chest. Now back hair is a different story, that can go for every male. I also like a nice happy trail and I love hairy legs, they are soo sexy.