Chad White | Fashion Men | Francois Rousseau | Magazines | News

BigGayDeal.com

Chad White Acts Out a Few Equine Fantasies

Chad_white_1_3
For everything in our Chad White stable, click here!

Or perhaps they're photographer Francois Rousseau's fantasies. Rousseau takes model of the moment Chad White bareback in the next issue of Out.

Chad_white_2 Chad_white_3

Let's just hope he puts that riding crop to good use.

Chad_white_4 Chad_white_5

As White moves toward complete print domination, he's also featured in new ads from Diesel and American Eagle. And yes, that may be the first time we've ever seen a smile.

Chad_white_6 Chad_white_7

Daniel Radcliffe is currently starring in Equus on the London stage. He will reportedly be replaced by Billy Elliot actor Jamie Bell. Radcliffe is set to reprise his role on Broadway. As of yet, Mr. White has not been recruited.

If you'll remember, Francois Rousseau shot the first Dieux du Stade calendar. Check out his website here.

Comments

1. I love Chad White's body type... long, lithe, and not too bulky. Nicely proportioned. Nice to see guys who don't look super roided out...

Posted by: Brian | May 8, 2007 10:03:02 AM

2. He smiles!

I agree, I love his long, lean body. He looks beautiful in and out of clothing.

Posted by: Greg | May 8, 2007 10:10:07 AM

3. I believe the Jamie Bell rumour was shot down a couple of weeks ago, but there is still one of Daniel Radcliffe coming to New York to perform in 2008 with the rest of the cast, after the filming of his next movie.

Posted by: Alex | May 8, 2007 10:38:20 AM

4. HOLY CRAP, look at those abs!

I feel an eating disorder coming on.

Posted by: Jake | May 8, 2007 10:39:44 AM

5. Jake your abs aren't far behind. :-)

Posted by: Brian | May 8, 2007 10:44:27 AM

6. Seems someone has been lingering over a few recent Madonna photospreads...nonetheless, great lighting.

Posted by: Ben | May 8, 2007 10:56:16 AM

7. Yeah, I would be more than happy to play horsey with him.

Posted by: Bloggernista | May 8, 2007 11:13:46 AM

8. Yeah, White's gorgeous. But, a straight guy on the cover of "Out" magazine? Shocker! Why, that NEVER happens.

Posted by: Turtle | May 8, 2007 11:13:59 AM

9. Yawn. Someone wake me when this is actually newsworthy.

Posted by: shane | May 8, 2007 11:44:57 AM

10. Er, who is the gay guy you'd rather see on the cover of Out Turtle? Lance Bass? Elton John? Just curious?

Posted by: Toby | May 8, 2007 11:55:30 AM

11. I'd prefer a worthy community or business activist on the cover of Out, or a GLBT politician. I think the idea that they need someone attractive or famous on the cover to push magazine sales is a load of crap, and just a sorry excuse for not marketing even the slightest bit more creatively.

Posted by: scientitian | May 8, 2007 12:02:04 PM

12. Yes, yes! Put a gay business "activist" (whatever that is) on the cover of Out. The magazine will fly off newsstands!

Get a grip. Decades of newsstand data show that celebrity, sex, and Jesus sell magazines. In this country, at least.

Posted by: 24play | May 8, 2007 12:10:57 PM

13. Yes! The perfect body with no penis! Like playing with a Ken doll. Snore.
    It's called Out magazine! O-U-T. Didn't they ask the loyal readers of this blog what they wanted? And the number one comment was gay people on the cover?

P l e a s e Maria.

Posted by: Br!on | May 8, 2007 12:33:10 PM

14. I am just curious about the horse! It looks like a Friesian and they are somewhat rare in the US. It's interesting that they used one for the shoot. They are very majestic, hairy creatures. I live on a farm that raises them: www.proudmeadows.com .

Posted by: Rob | May 8, 2007 1:16:53 PM

15. There's something about this boy; I can't put my finger on it, but he gets me more worked up than ANYONE I've seen in the past 5 years. Beautiful...just beautiful.

Posted by: Joey | May 8, 2007 1:22:30 PM

16. CHAD - WOW amazing - thanks for the Post!!

Posted by: Shayne | May 8, 2007 1:39:03 PM

17. Even sexier than the pics of him shirtless is the photo of him in riding pants and sweater standing next to the horse. I'm having fantasies about ripping those clothes off of him and de-flowering him in a bale of hay.

Posted by: peterparker | May 8, 2007 2:13:01 PM

18. Hello folks! Do you really not think they could find a hot gay model? Have you ever walked around Chelsea? West Hollywood? Almost any gayborhood? Beautiful gay men abound.

There is no reason to avoid putting gay people on the cover of a gay magazine. I applaud "Instinct" for keeping beautiful gays front and center.

Posted by: Gregg | May 8, 2007 2:23:07 PM

19. It's one thing to have a famous hot straight guy on the cover. You can make the excuse that his fame will lead to increased sales.

But when you have an obscure hot straight guy on the cover, your argument fails. You could have had an obscure hot gay guy, but you chose to go with an obscure hot straight guy. I second Gregg--there's no shortage of obscure hot gay men. And if you're going to put a straight guy on the cover, he better be really famous to make it worth it.

I've said this before: Ebony could sure sell a lot more copies if they had Jennifer Aniston on the cover. But they'll never stoop so low. They respect their audience. It says something about "Out" that they fail, time and time again, to find gay men for their covers.

I too I applaud "Instinct" for putting actual gay men on the cover of a magazine for gay men.

Posted by: SGR | May 8, 2007 2:54:06 PM

20. that should be: I too applaud "Instinct" (and not I too I applaud "Instinct").

Posted by: SGR | May 8, 2007 2:55:35 PM

21. Which gay male fashion model should Out have chosen for the cover? Names? Anyone?

Posted by: 24play | May 8, 2007 3:20:28 PM

22. Some of these pictures were AMAZING the first time I saw them, with Madonna in W Magazine.

Posted by: John | May 8, 2007 3:34:54 PM

23. 24play - perhaps you know the names of all models out there. I personally do not. They're generally known for their faces/bods, not their names.

Posted by: Gregg | May 8, 2007 4:20:49 PM

24. It doesn't have to be gay fashion models (who tend to be very young, and, as such, are seldom out). And if it's a choice between an obscure but hot fashion model who is straight, and an obscure but hot gay man, why not pick the gay man? It is called "Out," after all. Neither of them are famous enough to make a difference when it comes to sales. It's just a choice between a straight guy who is hot and a gay guy who is hot. Time and time again, they have an obscure straight guy on the cover.

In the past few months, "Instict" has had Bobby Boyd and JP Calderone on covers. They don't seem to have a hard time finding hot gay guys. There are a number of out gay fitness models who are hot as hell. Who could do with the exposure. And we could all do with the encouragement that being gay and out (and hot) is what gets you a cover, and not just being a hot but straight guy.

Posted by: SGR | May 8, 2007 4:27:10 PM

25. SGR,

This cover photo is part of a shoot done for a fashion spread. Therefore, you need either a professional model or a gorgeous undiscovered talent who has the photo-appeal to be a model (which few humans have), and is 5'10" to 6'2", has a 31- or 32-inch waist and size 10-12 feet.

Fitness models (who I believe make up most of the cover models for Instinct, and certainly DNA) are lovely. But they're not an option for fashion shoots involving anything more than swimwear or panties because very few of them can fit into sample-size clothes. (Calderone, I know, is a fashion model, but he was just on Instinct's cover, so Out would nix him right now. Billy Boyd I'm unfamiliar with.)

Out tries to cover fashion as seriously as GQ or Details—on a budget a micro-fraction of the size. Like them, it uses fashion models for its fashion spreads. Unlike them, it frequently takes images from those spreads for the cover.

Sure, it would be great to use out models as often as possible. But until agencies start listing sexual orientation on their models'comp cards, how fair is it to expect Out to use only gay models? Some agencies refuse to let their models appear on gay covers. And fashion photographers (especially the big names) like to pick their own models (with no regard for sexual orientation).

For this cover, Out has a great photo of one of the top 5 male models working today. And, as a reader of this site, I'm sure you know Chad is a model many, many gay men are fans of. I think if Out's doing a cover using a photo from a fashion shoot, Chad's an excellent choice of model.

Posted by: 24play | May 8, 2007 5:00:03 PM