Drag Queens | Kevin Williamson | Leslie Jordan | News | Screen Caps | Television

Screen Cap: Leslie Jordan on Hidden Palms

Leslie_jordan

"Lonely, sad, not fit for public consumption. I was too weird for the mainstream and I was too normal for the fringes. Hell, I didn't fit in anywhere. I did not...belong. And you know, all I ever wanted was to just belong. Well, that...and to be Tammy Wynette."

— Leslie Jordan as recovering alcoholic/fairy godmother/drag queen Jesse Jo on the new Kevin Williamson prime time soap Hidden Palms. You may remember Jordan as Karen Walker's arch-rival Beverly Leslie on Will and Grace, or for his recent turn as a Dominick Dunne-style journalist on Ugly Betty.

Comments

1. Ooohhh he was hysterical in Sordid Lives. Cool that he's in a soap now.

Posted by: xavier | May 31, 2007 11:09:28 AM

2. Sordid Lives was hilarious. And Leslie as a Tammy Wynnette drag queen was great.

Posted by: scotte | May 31, 2007 11:11:34 AM

3. I saw him do his live show a couple of years ago and it was wonderful - hilarious, touching, moving - and all based on his life. He has truly earned all of his success.

Posted by: sam | May 31, 2007 11:39:22 AM

4. Leslie Jordan is a genius!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 31, 2007 11:45:22 AM

5. He's great and was one of the BEST things about Will & Grace. My favorite line of his from WG was "Why Karen Walker, I knew I smelled Gin and regret!" Makes me laugh everytime.

Posted by: hoya86 | May 31, 2007 12:08:50 PM

6. Is this the same character he played in Sordin Lives? Cross dressing as crossover? Jordan's brilliance shines brighter outside of trailer trash drag; without the too easy sight gag accoutrement, the visual equivalent of a laugh track, a gay Uncle Miltie with a MUCH smaller appendage.

Posted by: CharlesPierce | May 31, 2007 12:28:29 PM

7. Too bad Hidden Palms is getting such horrible reviews. Though, I think it will find its niche audience just like Dawsons Creek did.

Posted by: Chris | May 31, 2007 12:30:23 PM

8. Hoya LOL

I enjoyed his stint on Boston legal though more. Well hell, I just love Boston Legal and think anyone who plays a role on it is great.

Posted by: pacificoceanboy | May 31, 2007 1:08:25 PM

9. I've loved watching Leslie Jordan since he appeared as one of Murphy Brown's best secretaries-of-the-week. He was the one you wanted to stay. I never understood why h wasn't added as a regular to Will & Grace, his scenes with Karen were always memorable. We'll see what he adds to Hidden Palms.

Posted by: EricLA | May 31, 2007 1:16:09 PM

10. Won't Kevin Williamson just go away already?

Posted by: peterparker | May 31, 2007 1:23:41 PM

11. Is it me, or is he the spitting image of Doris Roberts in that photo?

Posted by: JoeyS | May 31, 2007 2:54:59 PM

12. Leslie Jordin just cracks me up. He was o strong character on Will and Grace.

Posted by: Benjamin | Jun 1, 2007 5:52:58 AM