Apple | Barbra Streisand | Bryan Singer | Florida | Gay Games | Gay Marriage | Lance Bass | Manchester | News | Zac Efron

News: Zac Efron, Gay Games, Ft. Lauderdale, Barbra Streisand

road.jpg Fort Lauderdale Mayor Jim Naugle, under fire from gays for his proposed "robotic toilets", attacks gay and lesbian library: "Naugle said Tuesday he's not going to apologize for his comments about gay sex in bathrooms, or gay people being unhappy. But he did say he was 'impressed' with the number of 'happy homosexuals' in his city. 'If I've learned one thing through this,' he said, 'it's that there are a lot of happy homosexuals in Fort Lauderdale.'"

Eckhartroad.jpg Aaron Eckhart suffers for his craft: "I had to pretend that my nuts hurt, so I put a clothespin on my nuts. Otherwise, you’re just learning your lines and saying them. There’s no art in that. People say, ‘Why do you want to put a clothespin on your nuts?’ You know why? Because that’s what I do for a living."

road.jpg Zac Efron to star in remake of Footloose.

road.jpg J.P. Morgan analyst retracts "iPhone Nano" report.

road.jpg Breaking tradition, Chicago declares 2006 Gay Games a financial success: "In 2003 when we launched the bid to host the 2006 Gay Games, we promised our local LGBT community, the City of Chicago, and the worldwide LGBT sports movement that the 2006 Gay Games would break even financially. We also made the commitment to leave a lasting and positive legacy for future Gay Games hosts - a sound business model upon which future Gay Games could be built. We are proud today to have fulfilled those promises.

Landroroad.jpg "Landro" said to be "just friends"?

road.jpg Bryan Singer's close collaborator, screenwriter Michael Dougherty (X2: XMen United, Superman returns), talks movies: "Watching a lot of movies as a kid, watching a lot of t.v. I grew up on the 80s when cable had just come onto the scene, so you know, they were digging deep into the libraries and digging out all these old movies and t.v. shows. So every day I was watching Twilight Zone episodes, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, old B&W monster movies, just constantly being barraged by so many different genres of film -especially horror films. It seemed like cable was really big on putting horror films in there. So in a very short time period I was being exposed to the very same horror films and shows that my Dad grew up with. Oh, and old horror comics. Like 'Creepy' and 'Eerie' were huge for me."

road.jpg New Florida group raises $1 million to fight proposed amendment banning gay marriage: "By focusing on the ban's potential repercussions for live-in partners -- instead of on the polarizing question of gay marriage -- opponents are trying to duplicate their success last year in Arizona, the first state to reject a same-sex marriage ban."

road.jpg Live from Manchester, Barbra Streisand's diva demands: "Waiting for her backstage were five fabric-upholstered furniture suites, 60 tables and 120 bath-sized towels. Even the security staff were immaculate in the 'dark jackets, blazers or sweaters with no T-shirts' that she requested."

Comments

1. Nice arm candy, Lance. Speaking of which, why no Reichen news of late?

Posted by: davefromtampa | Jul 11, 2007 2:34:23 PM

2. Lance = ew
    Aaron Eckhart = DROOOOL!

Posted by: monkey | Jul 11, 2007 2:44:13 PM

3. One look at the dlisted comments on the Zac Effron news is disheartening. It's a homophobic whirlwind.

Posted by: Zack | Jul 11, 2007 3:01:57 PM

4. Why doesn't Aaron Eckhart just try acting--it's much easier.

Posted by: Olivier | Jul 11, 2007 3:18:09 PM

5. Ok, I'm probably committing a gay mortal sin by admitting this, but I really dislike Barbara Streisand and her music. And, from everything I have read, she's a big 'ol stinky cvnt. Blech.

Posted by: shane | Jul 11, 2007 3:18:18 PM

6. ACTUALLY DAVE, LELAND GAVE US AN UPDATE THE OTHER DAY, LACED WITH HIS USUAL DOSE OF VITRIOL.

Posted by: CLIFF | Jul 11, 2007 3:18:21 PM

7. I guess being a stupid homophobe is a dinky, d-list, dumass politico's new way of getting national attention.

Posted by: Himbo with Highlights | Jul 11, 2007 3:43:01 PM

8. I say potato; you say potahto. You say vitriol; I say truth immune to Reichen’s ability to fool an ever-growing string of “true loves” and an ever-diminishing herd of Reichen Trolls. But don’t trust me. Let’s dial Lance and see what he has to say. Or Louis. Or Charlie. Or Chip. Or just watch again my all-time favorite You Tube video:

Posted by: Leland | Jul 11, 2007 3:57:00 PM

9. I wish someone more interesting than Lance would come out like... anyone.

Posted by: Dennis | Jul 11, 2007 4:10:38 PM

10. EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO THEIR OWN OPINION(S)...I'M NOT EMBARRASSED TO SAY, THAT I HAPPEN TO LIKE THE GUY...CLEARLY, YOU DO NOT...THAT'S OKAY...HAVE A NICE REST OF THE DAY.

Posted by: CLIFF | Jul 11, 2007 4:11:04 PM

11. Pedro's cute but as far as models go, he is definitely of the run-of-the-mill variety.

Now that he is suddenly getting his 15 minutes, watch how his career improves.

Posted by: paz | Jul 11, 2007 4:31:28 PM

12. the Zac Efron comments are hilarious! He does look like Ellen and he desperately needs to stop tanning. Talented guy getting ruined by his stylists.........

Posted by: busytimmy | Jul 11, 2007 4:50:49 PM

13. Regarding Gay Games being a financial success, I'm not impressed. Considering the high cost of participating, the athlete experience was mediocre in most sports. I hope next time they'll spend less money hiring expensive entertainers and focus on the unique aspect of this event: sport by GLBT athletes.

Posted by: Athlete | Jul 11, 2007 5:13:44 PM

14. Sharing a negative article printed about Barbra over all the praising ones - how original! That's fine if you don't like her music, just keep listening to your Britney CDs.

Posted by: Matt | Jul 11, 2007 5:18:00 PM

15. Pedro (above with Lance) is a "model" who bartends shirtless at Beige on Tuesdays and Hiro on Sundays. Classy!

He has the personality of a turd. Not that cute in person.

Posted by: JLS | Jul 11, 2007 5:21:41 PM

16. Busy

How is zach efron taleneted?

He can't sing. He had a voice stand in for both that highschool basketball musical and for Hairspray.

His only real talent is being young and tweeking 10 yera old girls and older gay men's heart strings and that is about it.

Posted by: anon | Jul 11, 2007 5:35:23 PM

17. Cliff....try turning off your caps....some how that does fit a person who thinks that Bimbo Reichen is a great guy.

Matt....these days, the negative articles may be the majority about Miss Streisand. I don't like the control freak bitch and I also don't like trailor trash Britney. I've never understood the school girl crushes that some Gay men get for these female singers.....your gay for crying out loud...it's men your supposed to adore, not overly made up hillbillies and fat assed divas.

Posted by: Joshua | Jul 11, 2007 6:10:29 PM

18. At least Pedro has the decency to wear shoes, not those stupid flip-flip things Lance has on.

Posted by: Scott | Jul 11, 2007 6:15:22 PM

19. Busy?? still nothing on the talent of zach efron.

Did you know that when they took Highschool musical on tour they left zach efron's talentless butt at home and actualy had to use the guy that realy sang because lip synching would have ruined the tour? All the other actors and actresses went on the tour because they could sing. Zach was left at home and told not to tour with them.

Posted by: anon | Jul 12, 2007 8:54:07 AM

20. HE IS NOT GAY WHY ARE YOU SAYING RHAT WHO EVER STARTED THAT RUMOR IS A LIAR!!!!
    YOU WELL BE SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: casey | Jan 25, 2008 12:19:18 AM

21. ZACK EFRON IS NOT GAY AND WHO EVER SAID THAT IS A LIAR AND I LOVE ZACK EFRON TOO BITS HE IS MINE NOT YOUR SO HANDS OFF HIM BITCHES

Posted by: Jodie Frost | Jun 4, 2008 5:56:37 AM