News | Playing Gay | Television

BigGayDeal.com

Desperate Housewives Gay Couple is Cast

Watkins_rahmWisteria Lane's gay couple is set to move in.

TV Guide reports:

"Desperate Housewives has tapped One Life to Live's Tuc Watkins and ex-Judging Amy actor Kevin Rahm to play Wisteria Lane's first gay couple. Watkins will play Bob, described as a country mouse who leaves the big city for greener (and quieter) pastures. Rahm is his bitchy partner, Lee. Both roles are of the recurring variety. Interestingly, the characters' names are a tribute to ABC News' Bob Woodruff and his wife Lee, whom series creator Marc Cherry befriended last spring."

So much for pipe dream stunt casting!

Recently
David Beckham and Robbie Williams to Play Gay on Wisteria Lane? [tr]

Comments

1. That show is still on?

Posted by: Marco | Aug 14, 2007 1:40:34 PM

2. 'bitchy partner' - just what we need. I'm so over 'bitchy'...

Posted by: Chux | Aug 14, 2007 1:41:58 PM

3. Tuc Watkins--YUM!! I thought he was so cute in The Mummy--too bad about that whole losing your eyes and tongue thing, though.

Posted by: homogenius | Aug 14, 2007 1:42:19 PM

4. I WAS WONDERING WHERE I HAD SEEN THAT FACE BEFORE, THANKS GENIUS, THAT ANSWERED MY QUESTION.

Posted by: CLIFF | Aug 14, 2007 1:44:57 PM

5. Hmm - the most interesting thing about this is that one of these actors playing gay is actually gay. Beyond that....yawn.

Posted by: hoya86 | Aug 14, 2007 1:48:16 PM

6. Yum, Tuc. I'm still torn up that they never continued "Beggers & Choosers" on Showtime.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 14, 2007 1:56:08 PM

7. Tuc is one of my closest friends, and a great comic actor. He will do an awesome job. He did a great job on Showtime's Beggars & Choosers playing a fully-formed, sane, masculine gay character.

Posted by: JD | Aug 14, 2007 2:05:44 PM

8. Mmmmm.... Tuc Watkins...

He also was in the 1997 gay romantic comedy "I Think I Do", playing Alexis Arquette's lover.

Posted by: Roy | Aug 14, 2007 2:14:33 PM

9. Love, love, love Tuc Watkins.

That Kevin Rahm dude looks a little "young James Spader"-ish, which is always a good thing.

Posted by: The Gene Genie | Aug 14, 2007 2:24:16 PM

10. JD: Loved Tuc in I THINK I DO, a really underrated movie. Do you know if he's open about his politics? Just curious, was noticing a high conservative body count at DHouswives.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Aug 14, 2007 2:28:40 PM

11. Kevin Rahm is, in fact, the second-best James Spader clone in all Hollywood! Third, if you count Spader himself.

Micheal Shanks, however, is the all-time champion Spader clone.

Posted by: adamblast | Aug 14, 2007 2:30:59 PM

12. Tuc's a nice guy. Good for him.

Posted by: GM | Aug 14, 2007 2:57:12 PM

13. tuc watkins (david vickers) is the best thing on oltl. too bad his role is small. save me some time, HOYA86, which is the gay one?
    marc cherry considers himself a conservative, gay republican. that fat-fuck.

Posted by: nic | Aug 14, 2007 3:18:10 PM

14. Watkins has quite the bod Rahm is cute for his type but where some see Marc Cherry pie, I expect nothing but more pits from this fag Repug with the pathological need to make us look bad. ...What? He's a darling of GLAAD? Well, excuuuuuuuuuuse me!

Posted by: Leland Frances | Aug 14, 2007 3:20:01 PM

15. Love Tuc, have since Beggars. Never watched Judging Amy but Kevin is adorable. Hopefully they will get some decent scenes.

Posted by: secretagentman | Aug 14, 2007 4:05:17 PM

16. I'm guessing Tuc Watkins is the real-life gay?

Posted by: Jason | Aug 14, 2007 5:46:05 PM

17. A country mouse and a bitch, but at least they're a couple. Imagine the terror a 'single' gay male would cause, with a rampant libido. If they can't make us eunuchs, they put us in 'committed' relationships. Talk about your stereotype.

Posted by: DC8 Stretch | Aug 14, 2007 5:48:14 PM

18. The first gay couple on "housewives" was Bree's son Andrew and his boyfriend Justin.

Posted by: Joe | Aug 14, 2007 6:43:19 PM

19. Yawn...the storyline already seems boring as hell.

What I'm interested in is Andrew letting out his gay psychopathic side and unleashing holy hell again. Fun times....fun times!

He and his slutty sister are the only thing worth watching the show for (and Bree's Martha-esque qualties)

Posted by: Jordan | Aug 14, 2007 7:41:42 PM

20. Yes, I'm hoping Cherry empties his purse of all his personal demons and that Art the child molester moves back to Wisteria Lane and rapes Andrew [a little too old for Art but] and then the two of them proceed to rape Lynette and Tom's three sons, and Edie's boy and her nephew, tho he's a also a little old for Art. Andrew and Art wager Bob and Lee over who can do the entire Fairview Little League team first and several missing Boy Scout badges are found under Andrew's bed. All then are discovered to have contracted AIDS but the very special Xmas episode ends with Gabi doing a fashion show in which Alec Mapa movingly models all the gowns.

Posted by: Leland Frances | Aug 14, 2007 7:56:59 PM

21. "Bitchy partner"...great. Every gay character on the show so far as has been evil, bitchy, swishy or punched in the face by Carlos (sometimes all of the above). Mark Cherry should be strung up...and I can't believe GLADD keeps giving him awards...SHAMEFUL!!

Posted by: steven | Aug 14, 2007 8:10:07 PM

22. The only reason they give him awards is probably cause he gives them tons of money or something. He can put those awards where his heart should be (if he can find it under all that fat)

The show had better come up with something original and fast, cause last season it slipped creatively in a big way. It was so boring it most likely lost most of it's viewers anyway.

It would have been WAY hotter if he had cast David Beckham & Robbie Williams as the gay couple like it had been rumored. Can you imagine what that would have done for ratings?

Really now the only way I'm gonna watch is to see how they find Edie's corpse and after Andrew starts acting up again (evil gays are SO much more fun). And if Cherry is such a genius, why didn't he get Paris Hilton to cameo as a ex-con slut friend of Andrew's sister? (forgot her name). THAT would be good tv (just to see her flub her lines).

Posted by: Jordan | Aug 14, 2007 9:44:52 PM

23. I'll consider watching again for this. I stopped watching when I found out Cherry is a Republican. I feel sorry for all of you who stuck with a show you all freely admit is boring as hell. What a waste of time.

Posted by: Johnny | Aug 15, 2007 12:14:54 AM

24. I saw that Tuc Watkins with his dog by my place in Vancouver once years ago. He is one hot guy.

Posted by: JRF | Aug 15, 2007 12:20:02 AM

25. I have been in love/lust Tuc Watkins since the Mummy and the past few years on One Live To Live where his outfits mainly consisted of form fitting crotch enhancing shorts. I loved when he would give us a profile glance, how that protusion got past the Disney censors confounds me - but I'm not complaining. He must be HUGE! He is hot, sexy and cute mixed together, he is also a darn good actor. Ill miss him in Llanview but I happily/hornily welcome him to Wisteria Lane as long as he keeps on wearing those shorts and no shirt.

Posted by: Robert Alan | Aug 15, 2007 1:06:52 AM