Al Gore | Apple | Arizona | Backstreet Boys | Election 2008 | Facebook | George W. Bush | Hillary Clinton | Janice Dickinson | Mike Gravel | Models | News | Scottsdale | Sports

News: Al Gore, Facebook, Mike Gravel, Backstreet Boys, Scottsdale

road.jpg Al Gore wanted by voters, according to new Michigan poll: "The crowded field of presidential hopefuls isn't crowded enough to suit Michigan voters, who prefer two unannounced candidates for the Republican and Democratic nominations, a new Detroit News/WXYZ-TV poll shows. Former Tennessee Senator and TV star Fred Thompson would lead the GOP pack and former Vice President Al Gore would top the Democratic slate should they decide to run, according to a statewide survey of 400 likely Republican and 400 likely Democratic primary voters in Michigan conducted last Wednesday through Monday by EPIC/MRA of Lansing."

Manslaveroad.jpg Janice Dickinson and manslave step out on the town.

road.jpg Outsports' Jim Buzinski and Cyd Zeigler talk to Salon about their new book, The Outsports Revolution: "We don't try to undermine gay stereotypes. We simply try to be who we are."

road.jpg Me-Me-Me talks to the Backstreet Boys. Brian: "We could get a gay [member]! We are missing a member. Some of my good friends are gay; it’s not a big deal but unfortunately, we don’t have a gay member. Not to my knowledge anyway. But if someone wanted to come out, I’d love them just the same."

road.jpg White House upset over Hillary Clinton campaign ad claiming Americans are "invisible" to President Bush: "As to the merits of it, I think it's outrageous. This is a president who, first and foremost, has helped millions of seniors across the country have access to prescription drugs at a much lower cost," Perino said. "As to whether or not our troops are invisible to this president, I think that is absurd and that it is unconscionable that a member of Congress would say such a thing." (watch spot)

Facebookroad.jpg Facebook launches "stunning" custom interface for the iPhone.

road.jpg Hillary Clinton to open for Ellen DeGeneres.

road.jpg Mike Gravel slams Hillary Clinton over gay rights stance: "By drawing upon the language of states rights, Hillary embraces the tradition of John Calhoun and the defenders of slavery along with Strom Thurmond and the segregationists. Throughout our nation's history, every time national public opinion turns against oppression, opponents of progress use states rights to present themselves as defenders of liberty in the face of federal power. States rights has always been the last refuge of the bigots. Now Hillary has given rhetorical cover to the homophobes. If she wins the Democratic nomination, opponents of gay marriage will cite her statement to justify their opposition to national marriage equality over the next decade."

road.jpg Following recent gay bashings, Scottsdale, Arizona's mayor Mary Manross is trying to make sure gays know they're welcome there.

road.jpg The way to Jake Gyllenhaal's heart is clearly through his stomach.

Comments

1. "Outsports' Jim Buzinski and Cyd Zeigler talk to Salon about their new book,... "We don't try to undermine gay stereotypes. We simply try to be who we are." Right—when Cyd isn't pimping books for/defending Ann Coulter; or jacking all over himself about what a great man "Ronald Another 98 Fags In Their Graves So What If They Die I'll Never Cry" Reagan.

This was interesting news though:

"I used to do a segment on the Kylie and Booms show on Fox Sports Radio. The segment was called 'Fag Fridays' and I did 'Cyd's Fag Five', where I picked five football games against the spread. And for 15 minutes a week, on one of Fox Sports Radio's most popular national shows, we gayed it up, me and two straight guys. It was hysterical."

Oh, we're wetting ourselves just thinking about it.....

Posted by: Leland Frances | Aug 15, 2007 5:30:42 PM

2. I bet if you took the same poll in every blue state, you'd get the same result. Democrats just aint impressed with the group we got running right now. And Al wasn't that exciting a campaigner, but he comes across like a movie star compared to Hillary, Barack, John, Joe...I wish Dennis was pretty and loud.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Aug 15, 2007 5:34:57 PM

3. All polls that actualy list Al Gore (if he ran) show Gore beating all dem candidates and winning the general.

Regretably not all polls list Gore as an otion "if he announced".

The Noble peace prize awards are coming up in september with Gore nominated. Expect an announcement afterward if one is coming. He is currently garnering free press from all that he is doing that any candidate would kill for.

Posted by: anon | Aug 15, 2007 5:40:12 PM

4. Regarding the gay bashings in Scottsdale, Arizona, I lived there a few years ago. I worked in real estate offices with these ultra conservative women who were extremely homophobic because of their religious views, yet at the same time, they were all getting pregnant from one-night stands and stealing from the office. So many women in the Phoenix area were like this that I began to wonder.

Posted by: Oh No You Di'nt! | Aug 15, 2007 5:40:51 PM

5. I mean Nobel peace Prize

On his previous run (and victory in the popular vote 2000) not being charasmatic or whatever......He is no longer tied up with DLC strategists and even then one would prefer a wooden inteligent president over what we just had.

On that note, america NEEDS a nerd right now. Gore himself has even joked publicly "enjoying that beer with the president?" in refering to the whole which would you rather sit down with and have a beer with. LOL Many now realize that a president is not someone who can sit down with the yokels and drink a beer. We need a president who is vastly more inteligent than the common masses.

Posted by: anon | Aug 15, 2007 5:44:07 PM

6. There is only one shame and scandal during the Bush Fils Reich almost as big as the media's full-throttle complicity in marketing the lies that got us into Iraq and that is their trying in 2000 to kill Gore with a thousand cuts big and small while giving the hack George fils and the GOP a virtually free pass. Many "liberals" still believe, and any number of so-called comedians such as Jay Leno still rerun the Big Lie that Gore claimed the invented the Internet. He never said it. The GOP made it up and people like HRC's beloved Margaret Carlson bought it and crucified him with it again and again. For a document analysis of the character assassination of Gore in 2000, read "WHAT Liberal Media???" by Erid Alterman. And, Gore STILL won.

Posted by: Leland Frances | Aug 15, 2007 6:07:13 PM

7. Cyd Ziegler's political views make me throw up a little in my mouth.

O.K., so I lied. They make me throw up a lot, and pretty much on every surface available.

Posted by: Luke | Aug 15, 2007 6:37:34 PM

8. I just bought a brand new spatula, and Jake G. is more than welcome to come over and flip an omelette.

What the hell... so is Al G., if he announces his candidacy.

Posted by: J'ason D'luv | Aug 15, 2007 6:40:33 PM

9. St. Al is another emotionally scarred scion brat from a political dynasty. It's simply that the press could penetrate his facade faster than they could W's. The press still gets W wrong--he's a aristocrat with the common touch in the Saudi mode--including the lack of a serious education. John Kerry was actually a better man than he came across, but was still fighting to get our troops out of Vietnam during the 2004 campaign and honestly didn't seem to have any contemporary passions.

Posted by: anon (gmail.com) | Aug 15, 2007 6:42:29 PM

10. I luv such waves of the fat, greasy, bejewelled hand about your betters, Anon, when you're too lazy to even employ a screen name.

You slur Al Gore while the most critical thing you can say about King George is that he lacks a "serious education," when what he lacks more is a brain. Aristocrat? Oh, puhleeze, Mary. Invest in a dictionary. You're confusing inherited money [Bush fils has never earned any on his own] with nobility and class. "With the common touch in the Saudi mode?" If you mean a thugish thief robbing you with one hand while wiping his ass with the other, yes, I'd agree with that.

Posted by: Leland Frances | Aug 15, 2007 8:08:37 PM

11. It must be hard to keep a "downlow" boyfriend when you're a closeted movie star. That's a pretty sad thought. I wonder if the old studio system is still strong where some of these stars are almost not allowed to come out?

Posted by: Derrick | Aug 15, 2007 8:29:45 PM

12. Thanks Mike Gravel for having the balls to set the record straight.

Posted by: Zeke | Aug 15, 2007 8:35:41 PM

13. Yes we want Gore, because we're terrified of the prospect of a Repug-lite Hillary. More conservatism is not what we need now, enough! But Gore's being a punk-ass playing hard to get. Or maybe he's being sly and calculating the precise time to enter the race, when it'll do him the most good. If he doesn't though, screw him, when he knows there's such a public outcry for him to run and he ignores it. "I've got to concentrate on the environment." Oh yes there's nothing you could do for the environment as president.

Posted by: Johnny | Aug 15, 2007 11:21:36 PM

14. LOL, Mike Gravel.
    He's trying a Karl Rove. Taking a reasonable stance on gay rights, and trying to link it to slavery/bondage/racism/other high bigoted prejudices, etc.?

Posted by: Bryan | Aug 15, 2007 11:48:55 PM

15. Johnny wait for the Nobel Peace prizes

Posted by: anon | Aug 16, 2007 2:05:33 AM

16. I love Hillary!

But it doesn't matter since i'm not an American

Posted by: stephen | Aug 16, 2007 2:07:46 AM

17. CRAZY: Last night, all the way over here in Viet Nam, OUR house was burgled while we slept! I can't believe it... two days after reading that Andy's house was robbed, the same thing happens to my roommate and me. Whoever it was came through her second story balcony door which was open while she slept. I mean, they're like monkeys here [and that is not a racist comment, it's the truth - you would have to be able to climb LIKE A MONKEY to reach the second story balcony] They got away with about $2200USD worth of stuff. And forget the police. Crazy... but these are things that do happen...

Posted by: JoeMama | Aug 16, 2007 3:41:45 AM

18. Zeke, I completely agree with your comment, and most that you've posted here at Towelroad.

I would like to politely ask that you alter your screen name just a bit so that people here don't confuse your comments with mine.

I've been a Towlie for years and, love me or hate me, people here know who I am and assume that comments by ZEKE come from me.

Hopefully it won't be too much trouble to alter your name just a bit to avoid confusion.

Thanks.

Posted by: Zeke | Aug 16, 2007 9:33:03 AM

19. Aggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Invasion of the zekes!!!!!!!!!!!!

You fall alsepp and the next thing you know, you wake up a zeke. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

:-)

Can't have too much of a good thing

Posted by: anon | Aug 16, 2007 1:09:03 PM

20. I know, right?

You think it freaked you out ANON. I woke up to discover that I've been posting in my sleep.

ZEKE's of the world UNITE! :)

Posted by: Zeke | Aug 16, 2007 3:02:13 PM