Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Military | News | Towleroad Guide to the Tube

Onion Takes on Gays in the Military

Military Ban On Gays For Their Own Protection, Says General

This got around quite a bit yesterday but I didn't have a chance to post it. A general speaks out to the Onion News Network about the reasons for the ban on gays in the military.

Comments

1. "How many soldiers lives is the life of one gay man worth?"

"7"

haha... that made me laugh

Posted by: gabriel | Aug 15, 2007 9:20:31 AM

2. yeah, the ready reply and exactness of "7" was funny. i think 9 would have been better. you know, the old "1 in 10" chestnut.

Posted by: nic | Aug 15, 2007 9:37:12 AM

3. LMAO.....I just love the Onion.

Can't wait until America's homosexuals wake up and watch this and start whining and screaming **outrage**.

Posted by: Joshua | Aug 15, 2007 9:48:55 AM

4. He's right. We are all precious little snowflakes.

Posted by: David | Aug 15, 2007 10:02:23 AM

5. Love the Onion. Useless tidbit: the "General" once played a Sharper Image employee on Sex and the City. He helped Samantha exchange her vibrator (really, a neck massager--"Sharper Image doesn't sell vibrators").

Posted by: Acolyte | Aug 15, 2007 11:34:39 AM

6. Since I'm so precious, I feel like I should be living in a gay wildlife preserve or at least someplace that will help me preserve my wild, gay sex life...

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | Aug 15, 2007 11:44:07 AM

7. I'm surprised they didn't go the "a world without gays" route... you know, the predictable "Who then will decorate our homes and create our indie music?"

Posted by: Dan | Aug 15, 2007 11:47:54 AM

8. Hilarious! I love it. I am, too, precious! ;)

Posted by: jase | Aug 15, 2007 12:06:39 PM

9. I perfer Unicorn or snow white colt, but hey no point in splitting hairs

Posted by: Wesley | Aug 15, 2007 3:18:24 PM

10. Almost as good as the interview with the 'General' was the 'news' scrolling along the bottom of the screen. My favorite: "Professor who worked on Manhattan Project requests that his remains be detonated in a nuclear...."

Posted by: peterparker | Aug 16, 2007 2:14:48 AM