Ewan McGregor Plays Whack-a-Mole

Ewan_mole

Stop the presses! Ewan McGregor showed up to the Venice Film Festival sans a defining facial feature. It appears the actor headed to the Enrique Iglesias school of cosmetic surgery and had a forehead mole removed.

The Daily Mail reports that McGregor recently discussed how he stays looking youthful: “I’ve found ways to cheat the ageing process. I shave my chest because having it hairy makes me look older.”

McGregor does seem to be looking fresher than ever, though every time we see him we can’t help wondering if he’s got a Wonderjock on beneath those trousers.

And on the red carpet, Colin Farrell even appeared to admire the handiwork.

Colin_ewan

And for those of you wondering what they’re doing in Venice together, here’s the trailer for the forthcoming Woody Allen film, Cassandra’s Dream:

Comments

1. Leland Frances says

Two of the hardest fucking big dicks in show biz today, though Mr. Irish Potato is also a prick and a limp actor but the only one of the two to have let his sex tape, uh, slip out. I’ll take the Scot and his far-from-light saber any day. Or am I the only one to have seen “Pillow Book”? [Obviously filmed in warmer climes than “Velvet Goldmine.”

Cue Predictable “You Call That Big?” Trolls 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 …..

2. says

I’m glad he got the one on his forehead taken care of. I was getting a little worried about it. Too bad about the beauty mark on his cheek, though. I always liked it.

He does look like he’s been hovering around the craft services table a little too much, though.

3. anon (gmail.com) says

I never noticed the mole myself. However, regarding his “youthful” appearance, I would say his skin shows the classic early signs of sun, smoke and drink. Even Jedi masters need to be careful there.

4. says

Hung like a horse Ewan.

Have it on the highest authority.

Bathroom pants off, with good Celeb friend to whom he unabashedly whipped it out when asked!

But the true elephant is Sir Ian to whom film director buddy said was almost impossible to fathom.

5. says

The “Before” photo is reversed, his mole is still there, it’s on his right side (left side of photos). See other photos from Venice. (I compared to my own photos of him from an autograph line).

You can’t really compare people’s appearance in reversed photos. To me, he looks on the thin side for him – as thin as when I saw him onstage 2 years ago in London, when he had lost 30 pounds from the dance practice for “Guys and Dolls.” He just got back from his “Long Way Down” 12,000 mile motorcycle journey through Africa – looks like it really burned off any spare fat.

He had the mole taken off back in March, right after he broke his leg in a motorcycle accident.

He still has righteous crows feet from smoking and sun exposure. He gave up drinking 5 years ago.

6. azindn says

Is it me or is Ewan starting to look like Kenneth Branagh? Usually in middle age the baby fat melts off the face, but Ewan is looking like he’s packed on the lbs. Well, he looses weight during rehersals for the stage, hope it comes off in his face, too.